Quote Originally Posted by Guest
I for one actually like the fact that detention deputies won't be mistaken for road deputies again. Plus you have the short sleeved shirts with the embroidered badge, name and collar insignia. In reality that is a much safer uniform as it has removed any possible sharps. Jabs aside if you had your choice, regardless of cost or design, as a detention deputy what would you want your uniform to be? I'm thinking comfort meets function. What would the dream uniform be for the jail?
In surveys, detention selected green shirts and black or green pants many years ago with patches and no metal to prevent injuries to staff and inmates. Patrol chose to keep the long sleeve white shirts and green poly pants plus the tie and hat to present a more professional appearance to the public. It endorsed this uniform change at the jail to differentiate patrol from the jail guards. It seems that patrol recently did a 180 degree turn by adopting the detention chosen uniform, ostensibly for "tactical" reasons. We really don't care what patrol chooses to wear but we like our chosen uniforms consisting of green shirts and black or green BDUs.
I dont know who would vote for long sleeve, white shirt or hat. Ive been here for 11 years and have never heard of anything but complaining about white shirts.They are hard to keep clean and are a safety issue. I am looking forward to my SPRUCE uniform.