Detention Deputy then going to patrol? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Detention Deputy then going to patrol?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Look into EOT (Equivalency Of Training), depending on your MOS you can take the two week class, take the state test, and be "hirable" anywhere in FL. Call the St Pete College (All State Center) and ask about it.
    Please don't bother applying here. If you are really that ignorant that you need to get your career advice from this rag sheet your need to go apply at the Trop for parking lot security. Realize that everything said on this board is said by the most negative of malcontents in this and every other organization. We have a recruiter why not call him and ask to sit down and get come real advice?

The jail is all about process, procedure, tasks and routine. At the deputy level it does not involve much decision making at all.
    You have no idea as to what you are talking about. At the jail you will have uses of force, medical emergencies, battery/assaults, fights, sex crimes, psych issues, thefts and disputes, manipulation, etc, etc. on a daily basis, oftentimes more than one type of incident per shift. You never know what is going to happen and when. It is a lot more concentrated work with inmates than the sporadic contact patrol has. It makes you more street-wise and helpful when you will deal with the criminals in patrol.

The jail is all about process, procedure, tasks and routine. At the deputy level it does not involve much decision making at all.
    You have no idea as to what you are talking about. At the jail you will have uses of force, medical emergencies, battery/assaults, fights, sex crimes, psych issues, thefts and disputes, manipulation, etc, etc. on a daily basis, oftentimes more than one type of incident per shift. You never know what is going to happen and when. It is a lot more concentrated work with inmates than the sporadic contact patrol has. It makes you more street-wise and helpful when you will deal with the criminals in patrol.
    Let's see. Use of force, write a pathetically short report with little to no narrative. Pretty much a copy and paste job. Medical emergencies, call medical and transfer. For real emergencies calls 911 and wait for Pinellas Park FD and Sunstar. Crimes, separate and refer them to DIU, if you even bother to do anything about reported crimes. I have no doubt you have more concentrated work with inmates, no shit. Street wise, I'm sure it can. But the carry over to patrol is not so evident.

Did you hear that? Sometimes more than one incident per shift. Haha well hold the phone and strap up your boots. I can hear you guys now. "Hi honey. Work was jumping today. I had to take a theft report of a toothbrush. I'm beat."

Did you hear that? Sometimes more than one incident per shift. Haha well hold the phone and strap up your boots. I can hear you guys now. "Hi honey. Work was jumping today. I had to take a theft report of a toothbrush. I'm beat."
    Wrong. DIU investigates the theft of the toothbrush. Jail guards are not trained in performing criminal investigations. They could provide a witness statement to the DIU detective:

On this date, at this time, Inmate Shitbird informed me that someone removed his toothbrush from his bunk without his permission. I immediately notified my corporal, who requested the sergeant, who in turn woke up the lieutenant, who placed a call-out for a DIU investigator to respond. Upon arrival of DIU, I relinquished control of the scene and had no further involvement with this case.

Disposishun, hey sarge, is that how you spell disposishun? It is? Cool. Disposishun: Case open, refer to DIU.
    ICR: What goes here?

Wrong. DIU investigates the theft of the toothbrush. Jail guards are not trained in performing criminal investigations. They could provide a witness statement to the DIU detective:

On this date, at this time, Inmate Shitbird informed me that someone removed his toothbrush from his bunk without his permission. I immediately notified my corporal, who requested the sergeant, who in turn woke up the lieutenant, who placed a call-out for a DIU investigator to respond. Upon arrival of DIU, I relinquished control of the scene and had no further involvement with this case.

Disposishun, hey sarge, is that how you spell disposishun? It is? Cool. Disposishun: Case open, refer to DIU.
    ICR: What goes here?

LOL :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's see. Use of force, write a pathetically short report with little to no narrative. Pretty much a copy and paste job. Medical emergencies, call medical and transfer. For real emergencies calls 911 and wait for Pinellas Park FD and Sunstar. Crimes, separate and refer them to DIU, if you even bother to do anything about reported crimes. I have no doubt you have more concentrated work with inmates, no shit. Street wise, I'm sure it can. But the carry over to patrol is not so evident.
    Further proof that you have no idea as to what you are talking about and certainly are clueless about the complexities of jail work.

Here's your day: use of force - call in the report and have someone write it for you because you have no writing skills. They in turn copy and paste because they are too busy playing games with their phones. Medical emergencies - call 911 and sit back. Crimes - refer them to real detectives because you are too busy shaking down local donut shops and Chic-Fil-A restaurants for freebies and discounts. Besides you lack investigative background to solve crimes. So basically all you are is a glorified taxi driver who takes prisoners to jail and passed the real work to other people who have real skills.

Further proof that you have no idea as to what you are talking about and certainly are clueless about the complexities of jail work.

Here's your day: use of force - call in the report and have someone write it for you because you have no writing skills. They in turn copy and paste because they are too busy playing games with their phones. Medical emergencies - call 911 and sit back. Crimes - refer them to real detectives because you are too busy shaking down local donut shops and Chic-Fil-A restaurants for freebies and discounts. Besides you lack investigative background to solve crimes. So basically all you are is a glorified taxi driver who takes prisoners to jail and passed the real work to other people who have real skills.
    Haha we lack investigative background? Are you kidding? What investigative background do you have there slim? You guys didn't even take the last section of Law in the academy!

I've read DCB reports, they read like a 5th grade book report.

I've read DCB reports, they read like a 5th grade book report.
    PB deputies can't even write at the 5th grade book report level, they have to have someone literate do it for them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast