Hang the Colonel First - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Hang the Colonel First

Good point. Also, having your department investigated by the ethics commission is a embarrassment.
    Shame

You are all spending so much time worrying about something so minor... it's unethical and dangerous how short-staffed we are. That's something to be concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by guest 7/20/14
    A ruling on such a matter would be based on what is termed " as a pre-ponderence of evidence". The side that has the best quality or most evidence would win a decision. There is no rule of "beyond a reasonable doubt" in matter such as this. "Probable cause" exists in in criminal cases and not always in civil or regulatory matters.
    So if the Colonel says he did not know and if lets say he only received a phone call how can his word be found to be a lie if there is no proof.

The ethics commission almost always take these complaints as they have to. I would be shocked if the ruling comes back anything other than "Unsubstantiated or Unfounded".

Who cares. The complaint was made and the Colonel is a Goof.

Been awhile since I have been on this site. It's sort of like a TV soap opera I reckin'. Leave for awhile and start watching again and it's the same ole story. That said, forget all the PC, Reasonable Doubt and Burden of Proof BS for one moment. My question would be doesn't the good Colonel have a set of balls and two legs? Cause he should have used his balls to tell the Governor that it was a violation of office policy for him AND the HCSO troops to be there for a campaign event and then used his legs to walk away from the event. Oh hell, who am I kiddin'.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nitely Blog
    My question would be doesn't the good Colonel have a set of balls and two legs? Cause he should have used his balls to tell the Governor that it was a violation of office policy for him AND the HCSO troops to be there for a campaign event and then used his legs to walk away from the event. Oh hell, who am I kiddin'.

You know for a fact if any Deputy were there without the Colonel, this is the first thing I.A. would be screaming at them. And then discipline would follow. But I guess this is a case of, "Do as I say, not as I do" !

Quote Originally Posted by The Nitely Blog
    Been awhile since I have been on this site. It's sort of like a TV soap opera I reckin'. Leave for awhile and start watching again and it's the same ole story. That said, forget all the PC, Reasonable Doubt and Burden of Proof BS for one moment. My question would be doesn't the good Colonel have a set of balls and two legs? Cause he should have used his balls to tell the Governor that it was a violation of office policy for him AND the HCSO troops to be there for a campaign event and then used his legs to walk away from the event. Oh hell, who am I kiddin'.
    Maybe the head job at FDLE is opening up.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    Come on....SOP's are only there to benefit the brass and screw the inferior! Even if the SOP states a certain way, they will manipulate it so it benefits brass and not the deputy! Case in point above! If you were connected with brass and pulled something, it would be hush hush. If your not connected, they make the SOP work in the favor of the agency, even if it states otherwise!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123