Hang the Colonel First - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Hang the Colonel First

""""Sheriff's Col. Jim Previtera has said emphatically that he believed he was invited to a press conference with Scott acting in his official capacity as governor, talking about effective strategies to reduce crime. "Had we known it was a campaign event, we never would have gone," he said.""""

This person makes what?, 125,000 + a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    """"Sheriff's Col. Jim Previtera has said emphatically that he believed he was invited to a press conference with Scott acting in his official capacity as governor, talking about effective strategies to reduce crime. "Had we known it was a campaign event, we never would have gone," he said.""""

If you are so smart try and prove him wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe

He's either a liar or stupid

There is nothing to prove, as the picture says everything. Maybe they will claim that they were airbrushed into the photo.. :roll:

But Pinellas Sheriff Bob Gualtieri, also a Scott supporter, said the campaign made it clear that it was a Scott re-election event. Gualtieri said he was invited by a Scott staffer named Cody and that the campaign asked him for a private email address to avoid using a government email account for political purposes. "It was unequivocally clear to me that this was purely a political event," Gualtieri said. "I knew what I was going into."

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It
    But Pinellas Sheriff Bob Gualtieri, also a Scott supporter, said the campaign made it clear that it was a Scott re-election event. Gualtieri said he was invited by a Scott staffer named Cody and that the campaign asked him for a private email address to avoid using a government email account for political purposes. "It was unequivocally clear to me that this was purely a political event," Gualtieri said. "I knew what I was going into."

But how do you know for a fact that we were told the same thing that Sheriff Bob Gualtieri was told?

You can assume all you want, but the fact is you can not prove this beyond a reasonable doubt.

So, you got punk'd.

But how do you know for a fact that we were told the same thing that Sheriff Bob Gualtieri was told?

You can assume all you want, but the fact is you can not prove this beyond a reasonable doubt.
    That's funny because the standard for the Ethics Commission initial investigation is that of probable cause.

That's funny because the standard for the Ethics Commission initial investigation is that of probable cause.

And as we all know, or most of us know, that when making a case for the courts you need much more than "probable cause" for a conviction.

A ruling on such a matter would be based on what is termed " as a pre-ponderence of evidence". The side that has the best quality or most evidence would win a decision. There is no rule of "beyond a reasonable doubt" in matter such as this. "Probable cause" exists in in criminal cases and not always in civil or regulatory matters.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast