Off duty jobs

Thread: Off duty jobs

Off duty jobs

I work for another agency here in Florida but not in the Tampa Bay area. I was wondering what Pinellas S.O.'s rate is for off duty jobs and how soon you can work off duty after hired? Is it right after the completion of FTO?
    Thanks

Re: Off duty jobs

$36/hr? I dunno, something like that. I think they just changed the rules on eligibility. It used to be that the day after you finished FTO, you could bid for details. If I'm not mistaken, you now have to have completed your initial year of probation. You could try for OT assignments, but with so many new people, they aren't begging for someone to volunteer for a 4 hour float car spot anymore.

You can work jobs right after you've successfully completed the FTO Program. Literally day one. Probation has nothing to do with it.....

$36/hr for deputy pay. I hate to admit it but a rookie fresh out of the program can work details and they're hogging the shit out of them. Used to have to complete a year of probation before you could get signed up, but those days are long gone. Hell, now part-timers, and if I'm not mistaken, reservists, can work details.

I say we go back to the one year minimum probationary requirement.

"And now you know - the rest of the story! Good Day!"

The fact that some deputy sent a whining letter to the City of Dunedin crying that we have too many Dunedin Traffic Details didn't help either. I hear the city is now in the process of reducing the number of details. Thanks douche bag!

Thanks for the input I know every dept is different in how they work it. My dept as well, is right after FTO your eligible. Do you guys have a lot of details to work or are they hard to come by?

If there is one thing that should be audited is the off duty. Its amazing you can not work one for months and a guy that does 20 hours a week beats you out of detail. They should post the hours of all who work. Lets see ifs fair!

Who the hell would actually cry and make a complaint that there are too many Dunedin traffic details? I can think of only one, but he works them frequently so I can't believe he would have done it; although capable of it.

Can somebody explain how the SBA assignments actually work as far as equity in distribution? Everybody I've asked started the explanation with "I think it's......." or "I believe....." Not complaining about anything, just would like to know.

You will have to call Sergeant Major Armistead to get the "real" answer regarding distribution. But don't be too surprised if you are just as confused after the conversation.

I'm not too sure anyone can be certain how details are distributed. What I was told when we went to CYA is the more you work them in a quarter the fewer you get when you apply. So it would stand to reason the fewer you work during a given quarter the more you get when you apply. However, I haven't worked them for more than a few months, I applied for 9 and only got 4.

Pretty sure it's going to have something to do with the amount of deputies that are now eligible to work them.

At ease!!