How can we improve morale?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How can we improve morale?

Instead of bashing the agency we should suggest how we can improve it and hope the command staff looks at this and takes some advice. Let's hear the suggestions.

Re: How can we improve morale?

I would like them to adopt the agency values that's printed on the bottom of their business cards.

Integrity- Always do the right thing for the right reasons. Own your decisions publicly and don't backpedal when it turns out to be a poor decision.

Professionalism- Know when you do not have the knowledge to be in the position you serve. Let your staff be your experience and go to them when the need arises.

Trust- They need to earn the trust back of the members of this agency. There have been too many backhanded incidents over the past couple of years which diminished the members' trust in our command staff.

I'd like for them to be fair and transfer people from all specialty units not from just a select few.

Get rid of rotating shifts and bring back seniority.

Has anyone noticed that the civilians seem to be getting more and more while officers get less and less? Civilians get these massive offices while officers get these tiny little places to cramp in to work and less equipment. Can improve morale by not taking away equipment that officers need to do their jobs!

Improvements on morale can only be accomplished if the individuals in the administration truly care for it to be improved. Nothing they have done to date indicates they are interested. They've gone against suggestions of line staff an every opportunity. Nothing that is posted here will gain any traction with them. At best you could hope for is them to go through the motions of it for a photo op. What this agency needs is true leadership. A real leader listens and cares about those in his command. A leader doesn't turn a deaf ear when they repeatedly say they do not want rotating shifts and every study ever done states they're bad as well. What we have now is a Sheriff who by his own admission is an introvert and avoids contact. His second is a sociopath egomaniac that only does things that serve his own personal purposes. The rest of the command staff is also filled with people with a variety of personality disorders. The only way to improve morale is to give this agency an enema. Barring that put the entire admin and command staff in group therapy. The insurance should cover it.

The last post is classic. Very well put and the author shows empathy and leadership skills. A person I would work with and work for.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    put the entire admin and command staff in group therapy. The insurance should cover it.
    EAP

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Sorry just had to :devil:

Unregistered

Re: Morale

Morale will only be improved when WP is just a bad blight on the memory of the history of Charlotte County Sheriff's Office. He was a poor choice for Sheriff and too late did people realize it. I suspect this is a fair assumption as to the rest of his life as well. I'm not sure what his true calling is or where his expertise lies, but I haven't seen it displayed yet. His wife is to be commended for tolerating and trying to make the best of life with such a weak failure. He has wrought much misery to other's lives with total disregard because of incompetence and listening to one (DL) who had an ulterior motive of his own to accomplish before he retired. I had heard, so it's hearsay, that department Sheriff Cameron had asked WP to take care of certain people from his administration in exchange for his (Cameron's) support and backing as the next Sheriff. WP was supposed to have agreed to this only to renege when the election was over and he had won. Sheriff Cameron left for greener pastures, but not without employing DL to stay behind temporarily and seeing to it that WP paid for his disloyalty. From what I see I'd say he accomplished that and more before he retired and, too, sought greener pastures. WP was a poor choice and the people were hoodwinked. Let him be a one hit wonder and wiped from the history of the sheriff's office. In the next election let's get a leader who is not socially retarded and of strong morals and values. Someone who will take hold of the agency and raise it to a high standard that will make it's members proud to be a part of, not ashamed and defensive. I would also hope that whoever steps up to be our Sheriff will also see the value in not allowing WP to continue in a field that he's clearly not cut out for. He also needs to be distanced from the agency so that when his actions come home to rest and he answers for what he's done it will not stain the agency any further than what he's done so far.

Unregistered
    Limit the mind pollution of invective laden blogs;
    Appreciate your job like the day you got the word that you were hired;
    Appreciate that you have a job that pays more than median income;
    Give an honest days work;
    Be proud in our profession;
    Act professionally on and off duty;
    Focus on your family and outside interests while you are off;
    Morale is what each of us makes it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast