pursuits

Thread: pursuits

pursuits

I just viewed a video on youtube regarding the change in our pursuit policy that was produced by the local news media right after the change. According to the report pursuits have been reduced by 54% as of the time of the production; I'm sure it's even higher now. I'm not attacking the new policy, but I do wonder what percentage flee now as compared to the press release when it became common knowledge.

I guess it would be a difficult percentage to determine since not every one is documented.

Re: pursuits

Drug dealer gets girlfriend to rent car, then if PCSO or KC chases, game on, but ohhhhh no 3 of my girls die. If some lawyer is smart he would sue the rental car company because they are the cause of problem. Chip the car, speeds go over 80 then the car shuts down, no more chases or at least reduced. Don't worry boys we don't need to chase, Military surplus, It wont be long until we have a drone to chase. Bruce is shopping now, He cant decided which drone he wants 8)

Drones? Now that's a helluva good idea. But the question that begs to be asked is who is going to operate the drone at the onset?

I spoke to an agent once with a rental company after one was returned with dark tint. The companies don't give a shit. They have it removed and charge the credit card the fee. The companies know exactly what is happening according the agent and they don't give a shit as long as they get their money on time. The drug dealers keep them, and usually pay regularly, until they are involved in a chase, then they immediately turn them in and get another.

There needs to be some legislation introduced during the next session that criminally holds accountable the person who rented the vehicle if it's involved in a criminal act.

Wasn't it a rental car that crashed and killed the three women in St. Pete recently and then the driver fled?

We have all those lawyers, I cant believe no one has gone after the rental companies, deep pockets

Son,
    you need to know that the St.Petersburg Police Command is now the authority on pursuits In Pinellas County so you have no opinion so just go to work and hope uncle Bob does not punish you,man go on vacation for a while,and hope you are ok.
    PS don't call in sick any time soon the spot light is searching!

Quote Originally Posted by horris
    Son,
    you need to know that the St.Petersburg Police Command is now the authority on pursuits In Pinellas County so you have no opinion so just go to work and hope uncle Bob does not punish you,man go on vacation for a while,and hope you are ok.
    PS don't call in sick any time soon the spot light is searching!
    Really? Unless the suspect is black in which case they dont do shit. So says the Black Power Circle that runs that circus.