Truth be told, I am apalled as to the level of discontent, unprofessionalism, cronism and pathetic poor leadership. I voted for Sheriff Scott Isreal and I was sold on our ageny being lead by a capable and caring leader in the guy campaigning. I encouraged my family and friends to vote for the new guy, who sold us all dreams of a better BSO, and public servant that would lead with integrity, trust, professionalism and tenacity.
That was then this is now, even after the firings and releasing of many personnel to make way for his new administration I was still sold on SI.... But then the But... I now see a leadership team and structure with key personnel that were a direct transplant from the Fort Lauderdale Police Department, his friends from back in the day at FLPD that are now merely enjoying a second check but actually are doing no work. Poliitical Paybacks to campaign donors, union members that held Vote for Scott Isreal Signs but are totally incompetent to carry out his/her job responsibilities. The budget woes with the $100,000.00 salaries and inflated compensation packages for all of the friends of Scott that came over.
Had a closer examination of potential leaders from within, Metro-Dade, Palm Beach County, or other municipalites been done the morale could have been saved- but with this current status quo Sheriff Israel will have a hard time maintaining his seat. I for one am not sold on the bag of promises that I was lured too in the begining - I will NOT give My Vote, unlesss some drastic changes are made to right this ship and rescue our agency from hitting to ocean floor.
Someone may try and spin this post, doesnt matter to me at all, but I am keenly aware of politics, favors, paybacks and grassroot campaigning - We Need Change AT BSO, Not Tomorrow But Today. It's Time for the BS to End and Do the Right Thing not only for the agency but this community, State and Nation. We are indeed the laughing stock of Law Enforcement with this tomfoolery.