oppurtunities
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oppurtunities

oppurtunities

Was there an advertisement for a Major Crimes position? I don't recall there being a posting, but I might of missed it. Or is this another step in this agencies plan to destroy the morale?

Re: oppurtunities

Yep there was an announcement and it clearly states DN got picked. Go whine somewhere else. If you were not on this site talking trash and working maybe you would get noticed for things.

No knock on DN, but it might be time for the Admin to realize that lack of opportunities for lateral transfer is having a negative impact on morale. It will never be known who is interested in specialized positions if they are not opened for the application process. This is just a thought that has been brought up through my observations of how people react when someone is appointed a position.

If you can't detect how to spell "opportunities" what hope do you have in major crimes?

It is sad that someone tries to bring up a valid point and all that can be talked about is spelling

What else do you expect from an admin defender. Regardless what the admin does they will spring to their defense immediately. Valid points and facts have no effect on them or the admin. If you said the sky is blue they would come back with something totally irrevelent As for the post.......again, what do you expect from them? If it was advertised for a day or week the result was not in question. This didn't begin yesterday either, look back the last few years and decide if any choice made was a surprise.

Not that the whiney asses care, but it was advertised a few months ago. DN had put in for it, and was selected from the current list.

I'm almost positive that position was filled by MS when she went back to Major Crimes. It is not whining if there is legitimate complaint. This agency has to realize that things need to change if morale is going to improve. It has been way too long since we have received our step increases and it seems that the admin is not doing anything to try and get them back. You add in the fact that some specialized positions are advertised and some are not. Why the inconsistency? Either advertise all of the available positions or none of them. Then how about limiting the amount of time someone spends in a specialized unit, this way you have deputies that have a diversity of experience. These are some of the reasons why we have low morale. This is also why this agency has the reputation of not having any opportunities. I am smart enough to know that nothing will change under our current administration, this is the only way they know how to do business and they think there is nothing wrong.

The discouraging thing is that there is a good possibility that if a certain high ranking individual gets elected Sheriff that things will probably stay the same, or possibly get worse. I actually think things are about to get worse once some of our higher ups retire. You are going to go from a patrol captain that doesn't want to do anything to one that wants to tell you how to do everything. Very disappointed in how he is turning out. Then you will have one that is going to be more vindictive then our current major of law enforcement. Positions will be passed out to those that show undying loyalty to that one. I guess if you want to get anywhere you better get on SWAT or on his Johnson.

True dat!

Re: opportunities (corrected spelling)

Have you asked anyone? HR? The Sergeant, Lieutenant, or Captain of that Division?

Are you certain DN's selection did not come from an interview roster?

If there was an established roster, how long is it held on to before interviews are again needed?

Is there a policy in place which covers this? If not, is this a normal practice?

Maybe the above will help you in your quest for truth and justice.

While the rest of us wait until your heroic return with answers, I would like to congratulate DN on being selected. Very well deserved!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast