Department Going To The Dogs - Page 2
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: Department Going To The Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Benji
    Quote Originally Posted by 0000073
    as a former K9 handler, the handler should have been able to call off his dog whether the person was fighting back or not. Also, only dogs trained in Schutzhund will back off when the person being controlled stops resisting...Police K9s are usually trained to continue their aggression until called off....Were the bystanders told to go in their houses prior to the dog being released? Was the handler doing a track or a search? If the bystanders were warned and refused to take refuge and the dog was doing a search and bit one of them ,the dog was doing what he was trained to do and shame on the person who was bitten, they were interfering with a police investigation....... There are lot of variables in information not presented here.....without all the info present, it's a call that can't be made to who was right or wrong......................
    According to the victim and witness they had just went outside and was unaware of any police action in the area when the attack took place. Our department refuses to interact with the victim since the incident accord.
    This is the norm for our department when it has to deal with the public at large when our actions are called into question. Ignore, ignore and put off in hopes that the problem will go away.

Cujo, yes I do know what happened first hand, what about you. If the answer is no, then stick a sock in it.
    Better get some new talking points from Vespia, the old standby's of "you do not know the facts" and "the report is pending" lost their luster along time ago. The public is no longer buying into the shit that comes out of our department anymore.
    No I don't know what happened not will I post that I do. If you know and there is no report available how do you know. Other than just mouth garbage you have given nothing that shows you have any real knowledge about the incident. How do you know, where did YOU get your information? You post as if you are all knowing and want to tell others how it is so put it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by cujo

No I don't know what happened.
    Then what was the point of any of your post other then to talk a bunch of flaming crap, troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Laddie
    You are right there has been nothing in the media about the case. Wonder why chief? Maybe there will be after someone from a local news outlet reads this forum.
    How you doin'?

Anybody got a name and contact info on the victim?

Benji if you have first hand knowledge of this incident and work for NPPD. Then man up don't be a b*tch and hide behind a computer and state your name. It's ok cause you won't. You prob know nothing about what happened, and just get on here to talk trash about anything you can. If you do work for the agency and are so disgusted by this incident why don't you say something to the handler of this dog? Again your prob too much of a b*tch and have to hide behind the keyboard and computer to run your mouth. I have some friends who work for NPPD and it baffles me that people come on here and run their mouths when they prob have no clue of what really happened.

[quote="Jay Frank"]Benji if you have first hand knowledge of this incident and work for NPPD. Then man up don't be a b*tch and hide behind a computer and state your name. It's ok cause you won't. You prob know nothing about what happened, and just get on here to talk trash about anything you can. If you do work for the agency and are so disgusted by this incident why don't you say something to the handler of this dog? Again your prob too much of a b*tch and have to hide behind the keyboard and computer to run your mouth. I have some friends who work for NPPD and it baffles me that people come on here and run their mouths when they prob have no clue of what really happened.[/quote

Thank you for the meaningful "pot calling the kettle black" contribution to the conversation Frank.

K-9 was in use to track down a fleeing female involved in a hit and run call on Biscayne. Initial start of tracking point was half a mile (ruffly five to six blocks) from the attack location. Reporting officer states that attack victim ran headlong into K-9 resulting in the attack. Attack victim had no connection to the original hit and run complaint. Report was released late yesterday two weeks after incident took place. As of the time of this posting still nothing from the media on either the attack or the hit and run complaint.

Now on the other hand when ever there is some kind of major high profile arrest by our department, the media is given information that day and makes the papers and TV next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Laddie
    Report was released late yesterday two weeks after incident took place. As of the time of this posting still nothing from the media on either the attack or the hit and run complaint.

Now on the other hand when ever there is some kind of major high profile arrest by our department, the media is given information that day and makes the papers and TV next day.
    Three day weekend with no access to the report by the media and no one avalible for comment from our administration. That wasn't planned was it? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by cujo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHVBzLGAIbU
    Got your name right here.

After a public records request, I received a copy of a very bizarre police report written by an officer who wasn't at the scene (?) (WTF) (?). It appears to be a cobbled together narrative that is self-contradictory in places. Biggest example is how the dog is actively searching for a suspect yet the dog was standing still when it attacked the young woman as she emerged from some bushes. The report basically states that the young woman was bitten because she shoved her face into the K-9's mouth, much like when someone shoves their face into another man's fist. :roll:

No, I'm not joking. That's pretty much how the bite was summarized.

So, I sent the following to your department this morn:

---------------------------------

Ref: Incident no. 2014-06-0956

What you sent appears to be a pieced-together report made by someone who wasn't even at the scene and appears to be self-contradictory in several places. I've been documenting law enforcement for quite a long time and I have to say -- this is a very strange police report. Please send me the reports filed by officers who were at the scene along with any and all other documents created as a result of this incident, photos of victim, photos created for investigative purposes and any memos and emails generated that discuss this incident.

---------------------------------

And we'll give your records department some rope and see how they play with it.

Also, I am led to understand that a week prior, a dig bit a man who was coming out from under a bed where he was hiding. Anyone know anything about this incident?

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast