ABT Job Info - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ABT Job Info

Unregistered
    I am waiting for that LT slot to free up. Lateral transfer here I come! You won't be able to get me out of there with C4!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Best deal in law enforcement. The 3% multiplier is better than sliced bread. You get good money, make your own schedule, free car, and a huge area to roam in. Think about it - no shift work, weekends and late nights are rare, no calls stacked up when you get 10-08, you will never hear this - "10-08, 10-65 Signal 4?" or "10-65 Signal 22 Loud Music, Barking Dog, 'or some other trailer dweller crap.

Come on over. You won't regret it unless you are still in the super narc/policemen/I can change the world stage. If that is the case, give it a couple more years of shift work and holidays before signing on. Half the sworn personnel are at retirement age. Many are drawing a check from somewhere else. If there is a better gig, I would like to know about it.
    Two years later and still true. This is the best agency and the best job in Florida.

unregistered

application submitted.

So I just submitted an app with this Agency, after looking through some of the forums on here I see mixed opinions of the agency from different folks. My questions is what should be expected come interview time? Just a little about me 27 years old with 6 1/2 years of experience varying from regular patrol work, Highway Drug interdiction, and Investigative work. It was with a very small agency so I'm looking to broaden my horizons if you will, and better pay is always a plus! also I don't know if this helps in the hiring process but i was an investigative aid around 2009-2010 time frame. any tips or advice would be appreciated. (hope I'm not beating a dead horse or asking something form previous forums?)

Unregistered
    Experience and education will give you a good start toward the interview. As far as the process goes, it is fairly simple. Your application will be reviewed and weighted, based on a few things like degree or no degree, willingness to relocate, accept pay as offered, etc. Lose points at this phase and you are done unless no one else applied. They will normally pick 6-10 to interview. The interview is in front of a panel of 3-5, who will ask a series of questions and score your responses. The sheets are scored and the top one gets moved to the background. If everyone signs off, a conditional job offer is made. Conditional on you passing the drug and psychological as well as a physical. Once you get to the office, you are looking at a 12 week or less FTO process.

Don't pay any attention to the whining posted here. This is the best job in Florida. Turn over is low and the benefits are great.

The interview is a big deal. Don't blow it there. Good luck.

Unregistered
    Know something about the division and its three bureaus. That's helpful in the interview. Investigative experience is good. Be prepared because we can be a set your own pace and find your own case agency in some areas. Depends on the area. Good luck.

Unregistered
    Part of the interview used to be written. They put you in a room with a written senario and have you type a PC affidavit. Content, grammar and spelling count. If you are applying in the same office where you were an Investigative Aide, reach out for some insight from the people you assisted. Understand the responsibilities of ABT, how it fits in DBPR, know what beverage law is, understand the admin component, be sharp looking and be on time.

Unregistered
    Awesome! Thanks for the quick replies everyone! I have been doing some reviews of the statutes that ABT uses more frequently, and looking more into the everyday roles of an ABT agent. As far as remembering the name of the agent I did the investigative work for, I could remember to save my life haha that was a long time ago ( I do rememeber at the time I thought it was the coolest agency in the world, Having a mother who was a CPT for a Sheriff's Office it didn't compare!) . I applied for the position in Gainesville, and I do know the agent worked there when I did the investigative aid work, and he drove a red F150? proably doesn't narrow it down! thanks for all the advice everyone, Hopefully all goes well!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12