T.W. 4 Chief - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T.W. 4 Chief

Re: T.W. 4 Chief

Quote Originally Posted by 5***
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark
    dear officer entitled, try cleaning your car. it makes me sick the way some of you new guys hold your hand out. try earning shit for a change, you're not going to get a participation trophy for showing up anymore you're going to have to earn it. stop crying about it - step up to the plate and show you have the ability to take some pride in yourself and your job.
    Some of you old guys just sit around all day while the younger officers actually does work. And you wonder why this agency can't retain officers. How about you reimburse us for using our own gas. This agency needs to stop buying bs stuff and invest in some cars so that everyone can have one.***new police era ***
    Blame the union. The union agreed to the current take home car policy. I would somewhat agree that a small bit of officers with many years on don't do as much as newer officers. I would also agree that a few newer folks have a sence of entitlement. But newer officers knew the whole take home car deal when they started. Not sure what 5*** means by buying bs stuff. What bs stuff are you talking about? Are you referring to bullets, gas, health insurance?

c.r. for chief. he already knows everything he needs to know to lead our little department to glory. he never cuts corners and his conversation style gets bad guys to admit their sins without even having to ask. if you won't consider him for chief maybe you could vote him in for officer of the year. j.w. would also be a great selection for police chief. he's a natural born leader and does not require any supervision at all.

If we hirer more people and start some new division this agency would be perfect. Don't get me wrong I like working patrol but sometimes I think about doing others things such as drug enforcement(not including the uc), gang activities, and other things. Plus it would be a chance for more people to get promoted.

If we hirer more people and start some new division this agency would be perfect. Don't get me wrong I like working patrol but sometimes I think about doing others things such as drug enforcement(not including the uc), gang activities, and other things. Plus it would be a chance for more people to get promoted.
    5**** is on to something I think. Hey, 5****, how would this work? I mean, how could this be a benefit for the city besides just adding room for officers to be promoted? What would be the purpose of this new division? If something like what you describe can solve a problem then your idea could gain traction. Run it up the flag pole bro, see if it flies. That's how change gets done. Remember, this stuff costs $$$. Too much and ideas die. Also, if it don't solve a problem....poof.

[quote=Same same]
    Quote Originally Posted by "5***":3dkp9zfm
    5**** is on to something I think. Hey, 5****, how would this work? I mean, how could this be a benefit for the city besides just adding room for officers to be promoted? What would be the purpose of this new division? If something like what you describe can solve a problem then your idea could gain traction. Run it up the flag pole bro, see if it flies. That's how change gets done. Remember, this stuff costs $$$. Too much and ideas die. Also, if it don't solve a problem....poof.[/quote:3dkp9zfm]

I understand that more divisions cost money but these types of insentives will allow us to get more modernize and up to date. Lets get this right, Gulfport really have a drug problem that we need to tackle. Most agencies such as West Palm Beach PD us the money that they seized from drug dealers to their benefit as well as using their vehicles that they seized. I know that you guys are saying gulfport is too small for this but a lot of small agencies have these types of divisons (Temple Terrace). On the other side let's be honest, we have a lot of great officer who deserved the chance to lead. Making new divisons and hiring new officer will allow us to have more officers on the street and a bigger present. I pretty sure that the city would approve the hiring of new officers and new divisons,

You mean like the SET team we spent gazillions of dollars on yet nobody wants to be a part of?

[quote=Me Too]
    Quote Originally Posted by "5***":3qk6e8dv
    You mean like the SET team we spent gazillions of dollars on yet nobody wants to be a part of?[/quote:3qk6e8dv]

Let's be honest, SET is a worthless team. If the members actually get the benefits like SPPD and PCSO a lot of officers would want to join. IF WE MODERNIZE THIS WOULDNT BE A PROBLEM. On the other hand this agency is good for two things, 1. Training agency for new officers and 2. Retirement agency.

[quote=5***][quote="Me Too":1212wsm1]
    Quote Originally Posted by "5***":1212wsm1
    You mean like the SET team we spent gazillions of dollars on yet nobody wants to be a part of?[/quote:1212wsm1]

Let's be honest, SET is a worthless team. If the members actually get the benefits like SPPD and PCSO a lot of officers would want to join. IF WE MODERNIZE THIS WOULDNT BE A PROBLEM. On the other hand this agency is good for two things, 1. Training agency for new officers and 2. Retirement agency.[/quote:1212wsm1]

What "benefits" are you referring to? Sucks that you're not happy, and I'm sure you'll be much happier when you get hired at a "modernized" department. You can do all those other things you talk about while on patrol - there isn't enough work here to keep specialty units busy. You have a lot of complaints...maybe you chose the wrong department bro.

5***, let's be honest. You are not talking "modenization". Our pd is modern. You want "specialization". SET did not waste gazillions. Set was not worthless. Woody got that team to do a surveillance detail that nabbed three burglars and cleared more than twenty cases that would have gone unsolved otherwise back in 2012. If others have a problem with set, so be it. There are only two people now, so why care.

Specialization for the sake of providing room for advancement won't fly. We can do these things without having a new division. You said that the city would go for something like this. They had a chance last year when they wanted to move cis to the nieghborhood center. There was a proposal to also make a new division and the city did not even consider it. I like your enthusiasm, but saying the pd isn't modern cuz we are not specialized is in my view a bit disrespectful to those who came before you and did all of what you are suggesting without the need or desire for benefits for the task.

Quote Originally Posted by Same same
    5***, let's be honest. You are not talking "modenization". Our pd is modern. You want "specialization". SET did not waste gazillions. Set was not worthless. Woody got that team to do a surveillance detail that nabbed three burglars and cleared more than twenty cases that would have gone unsolved otherwise back in 2012. If others have a problem with set, so be it. There are only two people now, so why care.

Specialization for the sake of providing room for advancement won't fly. We can do these things without having a new division. You said that the city would go for something like this. They had a chance last year when they wanted to move cis to the nieghborhood center. There was a proposal to also make a new division and the city did not even consider it. I like your enthusiasm, but saying the pd isn't modern cuz we are not specialized is in my view a bit disrespectful to those who came before you and did all of what you are suggesting without the need or desire for benefits for the task.

Well said, same same...I wouldn't call this enthusiasm, strikes me more as selfish arrogance as well as incredibly disrespectful. Whining on a public message board about how unhappy you are with a department that gave you a chance when other departments took a pass really tells you a lot about a person. P.S. Honesty is always the best policy kids.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast