T.W. 4 Chief - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: T.W. 4 Chief

Re: T.W. 4 Chief

Thanks, sour grapes. Trying to give this apparent youngster the benefit of a doubt. It looked like they had a half way decent idea. Turns out just another way to get paid or recognized by generation gimme or I will cry.

5*** this department has trained you well now it's time for you to move to a bigger department.

[quote=5****][quote="Same same":2liyelya]
    Quote Originally Posted by "5***":2liyelya
    If we hirer more people and start some new division this agency would be perfect. Don't get me wrong I like working patrol but sometimes I think about doing others things such as drug enforcement(not including the uc), gang activities, and other things. Plus it would be a chance for more people to get promoted.
    5**** is on to something I think. Hey, 5****, how would this work? I mean, how could this be a benefit for the city besides just adding room for officers to be promoted? What would be the purpose of this new division? If something like what you describe can solve a problem then your idea could gain traction. Run it up the flag pole bro, see if it flies. That's how change gets done. Remember, this stuff costs $$$. Too much and ideas die. Also, if it don't solve a problem....poof.[/quote:2liyelya]

I understand that more divisions cost money but these types of insentives will allow us to get more modernize and up to date. Lets get this right, Gulfport really have a drug problem that we need to tackle. Most agencies such as West Palm Beach PD us the money that they seized from drug dealers to their benefit as well as using their vehicles that they seized. I know that you guys are saying gulfport is too small for this but a lot of small agencies have these types of divisons (Temple Terrace). On the other side let's be honest, we have a lot of great officer who deserved the chance to lead. Making new divisons and hiring new officer will allow us to have more officers on the street and a bigger present. I pretty sure that the city would approve the hiring of new officers and new divisons,[/quote:2liyelya]

Hey Temple Terrace is not a small agency. Beside what more do you need to do? Your job is to police a 2.5 sq mile town not start a 21 jump street. You go x8 and patrol based richly in the community policing mentality. My suggestion would be to move to PCSO (if they would take you) or just wait form them to take you over, which my bet would be when Bobby retires, I mean if St Pete Beach dissolved with their higher class of citizen and more business taxes then my guess is it will only be a matter of time.

Peace out and Mike M. for chief.

Unregistered
    Hey folks,

Guess what? Chief isn't going anywhere, because ultimately your opinion doesn't matter.

Guess whose opinion does matter? Citizens and City Council. While on patrol, doing an investigation, reading The Gabber, or listening into a city council meeting, when was the last time you heard a citizen complain about the Chief? That's right, it doesn't happen.

Him having an open door policy, an accessible facebook page, and his own blog to interact with the community is what people in Gulfport like.

We are lucky to have 9 out of 10 citizens complimenting us, every council member supports us, we have a College who is friendly to us and lets us use their facilities, a business district who supports us, a High School principal and staff who are cooperative with us, and a local newspaper who is friendly to us (The Gabber).

Stop your whining.

If the grass is greener, feel free to leave.

It could be (and has been) worse.

Unregistered

Cheers

well it finally happened. the cry baby picked up his toys and moved on to a bigger and more "modernized" dept. I'm betting he won't make it through FTO. the first time somebody gets on his ass he'll start crying again and second guessing his career choice. I wish I could be a fly on the wall for that. Has anyone started a pool yet...my guess is he'll make it through phase one, but phase two he's going to get rocked. I'm not sad to see him leave. I wish more of the lazy unhappy cry baby types would go too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123