Implempenting New Facial Hair Policy - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    If you want to grow a beard, go become a flippin barista and GTFO of here. Hipsters. They're everywhere.

Unregistered

Lightbulb Professional LEO

Quote Originally Posted by ;1970105
    It is time for a change to the Grooming standards at PCSO! I don't see the issue with having a beard/ goatee and still holding a professional position such as a sworn deputy. I know the nay sayers will argue that they are not professional or they don't look good in uniform. Honestly, who are you going to look at in a hostile situation to take charge, baby face Johnny or Bearded badass Joe!? I know myself along with others would gladly give a monthly donation to a charity of the Sheriff's choice to grow such facial hair. I know, I know people may say that equipment may not work with facial hair, but that has all been proven false. There are many LEO/ DCB organizations that allow facial hair in their grooming standards. It can even be regulated as followed....

"Sworn and non-sworn personnel are permitted to wear goatee or beards that are maintained at a length and pattern so as not to detract from the officer’s professional appearance. Permission to wear beards, mustaches and goatees may be withdrawn by the Sheriff, at any time. Facial hair shall be neat, trimmed and maintained at a length not to exceed one-half inch. Beards must be trimmed above and below, and shall not be permitted below the Adam’s apple or on the neck. Uniformed officers shall not be permitted to wear facial hair with less than three days growth. Sworn personnel working in undercover assignments, or specialized assignments requiring facial hair not otherwise authorized by this policy, shall be exempt from these restrictions at the discretion of the Division Commander, and the Sheriff."

Here is just a short list of Great men who wore beards:
    1. Jesus
    2. Chuck Norris
    3. Moses
    4. Special Forces
    5. Abraham Lincoln
    6. Si Robinson
    7. Chris Kyle
    8. Jonathon Goldsmith (the most interesting man alive
    9. Galileo
    10. Billy Mays

What are some of your thoughts on this? I say let em grow!!
    It looks very unprofessional. All public LEO employees should should be clean shaved...including females and trans.

Unregistered
    Hey up here in the nation's capitol we are allowed to have beards. Yes I grew a goatee mine is very low in my 30 yrs as a cop never could have one, I felt like alot of the posters have stated but guess what I like it and it in no ways interfere with my job and no complaints from the public. I still wear my hair very short but I like my goatee how long I'll keep it who knows but for now it's staying

Unregistered
    Many of the new young guys can't grow facial hair yet so beard or no beard is a moot point for them.

Unregistered

beating a dead horse

Just stumbled on this and for those that said with so many issues why is facial hair a problem to address. Well why not? Every other problem is co allocated why not give give the troops the little things. Also in terms of officer safety outside of work I think it's a nice option to have facial hair the same way special forces do as to not get recognized easily. But whatever lol.

Unregistered
    Facial hair is not much of an issue at the jail because half the new hires are women ( most don't shave their faces) and half the males hired can't grow facial hair because their testicles have not dropped yet.

Unregistered

Beards are GTG

Quote Originally Posted by ;1970530
    Why? So all the thugs we've been hiring lately can fit in??
    Prejudice!!!!!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1970530
    Why? So all the thugs we've been hiring lately can fit in??
    lmfao i'm sorry you are that ignorant to say anyone with a beard must without a doubt be a thug and there is so such thing as a thug that is clean shaved

Unregistered
    Given the fact that Hillsborough is currently reviewing its facial hair policy because it is nearly 300 patrol and jail deputies short, it is time for PCSO to get with the modern times and relax its facial hair and tattoos policies in order to attract more qualified applicants.

Facial hair and tattoos in no way affect how deputies do their jobs, any more than the color of their skin or ethnic background. These are outdated overly restrictive rules created way back in the 70s and 80s with no bearing on today's more progressive and educated society.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12