So many chiefs......BS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So many chiefs......BS

So last night, 4 Corporals, 2 LTs and 3-4 Sgts all x19 while two officers were physically fighting suspects at two different locations. We have way too many chiefs and not enough workers. On some nights it's nearly a 1:1 ratio. Enough of sitting x19 in closed offices with feet on desks. You set a terrible example to the people you are tasked with leading. Most of these clowns are drunks and lazy azzes.

Also, that vacation policy sucks azz and is a HUGE morale crusher.

Re: So many chiefs......BS

So right. The new vacation policy is awful (sarcasm). No longer will I be forced to work over so a certain day shift officer can go on vaca! But that won't matter she will still talk about how sick she is on fB before she bangs out sick requiring me to stay late anyway. The new policy sucks cause we all need something to ***** about. I'm pretty sure we can attach a name to the new policy. Anyway, we always need something to complain about and here it is. Why should an officer be forced to work overtime and have more time taken away from their family so someone can have a day off? Now a weeks vacation is one thing but not a day here or there. So fire away as the people who complain on here are not the ones affected anyway.

I agree! There so, so, so, so many other really stupid things going on here to complain about.

Now, the butt kisser above glanced over the main point of the first poster, which I agree with. We are literally taking a beating while others lead from behind. All those projects, like counting holsters is so important!

My favorite part of the new vacation policy is that I can put in for a holiday weeks in advance but a senior officer can take it by putting in for it at the last minute. The new policy says the day off goes to the senior officer. I also like the 3 weeks in advance because nothing ever comes up in less than that time! I also like that it only pertains to Patrol....because Patrol has soooo many advantages as it is. I also love that if I plan to go on a cruise for a week I may have to cancel the whole thing if on one of the days no one will work for me. Hey, it's my responsibility to be able to find staff for the place I work, not my supervisors. Can we hire outside agency people if they are sworn? I can't wait for Round Up and the manpower shortage heading this way.....no one gets a vacay!!!!! Why can't we ever hold the person abusing things accountable? Why always the group punishment? The Sergeants aren't fans either and they complain about it too.

You can't have it both ways so decide. If you want the supervisors out there showing you how to do your damn jobs then say so. You ***** when they in the field and ***** when they are in the office. Just stop *****ing. The understanding is that it was handled well before any supervisor, or other personnel in the building could have made it out there. You ***** to ***** and no one has ever offered a solution. Be careful what you ***** about and especially careful what you ask for. As bad as you think you have it, many have it worse. And please stop complaining about taking calls. What the hell did you think you were signing up for?

I love the new policy. As a matter of fact, I like all the policies. If I don't, I know ill complain to the right person and they'll change it for me. I cant believe im going back to the road! I wonder how I can get out of that....

Come on fellas! Things are wonderful! Just ask the people safe in a/c!

Manpower is better than ever! It's always good....stop *****ing. Be happy that half our manpower is inside, it could be worse...they could be working!

You didn't that contract, someone not covered by the new policy will decide when you can have off. It's vacation, not low, low manpower that causes you stay over.

We have great managers, even in temperament, sound of mind, great in personal example, inspiring of leadership........errr, wait. But hey, that discipline has been hushed, so what am I talking about? Not only will terrible leaders keep their bars and stripes, they will be promoted! Throw a tantrum, put in retirement papers, skip promotional ceremonies and act like a baby in front of your subordinates and hey we will still promote you. Chosen is chosen.

Just be happy to be the finest, most elite crossing guards in the county and don't peek behind the curtain. Just grovel like a dog while the chosen get all the training and perks........stop *****ing, it's great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered

PCSO Wants You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ;1969712
    I agree! There so, so, so, so many other really stupid things going on here to complain about.

Now, the butt kisser above glanced over the main point of the first poster, which I agree with. We are literally taking a beating while others lead from behind. All those projects, like counting holsters is so important!

My favorite part of the new vacation policy is that I can put in for a holiday weeks in advance but a senior officer can take it by putting in for it at the last minute. The new policy says the day off goes to the senior officer. I also like the 3 weeks in advance because nothing ever comes up in less than that time! I also like that it only pertains to Patrol....because Patrol has soooo many advantages as it is. I also love that if I plan to go on a cruise for a week I may have to cancel the whole thing if on one of the days no one will work for me. Hey, it's my responsibility to be able to find staff for the place I work, not my supervisors. Can we hire outside agency people if they are sworn? I can't wait for Round Up and the manpower shortage heading this way.....no one gets a vacay!!!!! Why can't we ever hold the person abusing things accountable? Why always the group punishment? The Sergeants aren't fans either and they complain about it too.
    Come to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office. Salary range is $45,500.00 - $70,622.00 and we give credit towards pay based on your LEO experience. Take home car out of FTO. Your choice of 12 hour or 8 hour shifts. Quick transfers for experienced LEO's. Apply for sergeant after just 3 years. And time off is plentiful. It is not based on seniority and you are never required to find someone to work for you.

Unregistered

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Come to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office. Salary range is $45,500.00 - $70,622.00 and we give credit towards pay based on your LEO experience. Take home car out of FTO. Your choice of 12 hour or 8 hour shifts. Quick transfers for experienced LEO's. Apply for sergeant after just 3 years. And time off is plentiful. It is not based on seniority and you are never required to find someone to work for you.
    Yah, and all you have to do is sell your soul, insult other LEO's and their respective agencies, refuse to help the citizens in the communities you cover ( unless it can garner your agency good publicity), refuse to cooperate wit other agencies, and do your best to get out of actually working by dumping calls on other agencies too. Good times. No honor, but good times. Oh, and the ones who couldn't cut it here already work for you and you can keep them!

Green grass

Come on over!

Well folks you deserve better! Tampa is hiring in bunches to maintain our plentiful staffing. We love or brothers in Pinellas and pay starts at 47k .. Never get promoted? No problem! Master Patrol Officer gets a fancy Chevron and an 82k salary at start of yr 11.

Go where you're treated better. It's not perfect but we treat you well enough and play nice with those that play nice with us.

Grow-a-pair
    http://www.leoaffairs.com/vb_forums/...s-at-the-range
    If you had a valid gripe, the SWAT commanders of Pinellas Park PD and St. Pete PD (or the highest ranking member of your team at the Manatee shooting range) should've lodged a complaint via the appropriate MCSO chain-of-command. Posting your rant on a public message board is an indicator of your unprofessionalism and it makes you look weak. Maybe you deserved to be dissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    all you have to do is sell your soul & insult other LEO's and their respective agencies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast