Gee Sighting - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gee Sighting

Re: Gee Sighting

Quote Originally Posted by I'm lost
    I think you all are misreading what he said. His statement clearly is meant to say if or when a deputy gets killed on the job. All this testosterone talk is stupid anyways. Regardless of anyones opinion on here, the sheriff has not done a very good job for quite a few years now. Thats really not even been a debate among the many deputies I talk with at the office, frankly every deputy I talk to at the office. As far as I'm concerned, he can get in his fancy overpriced helicopter and fly away for good. Now back to my designated parking spot under the apple tree. You see, I learned shortly after I was hired last year that my pay check is just as big regardless of whether I read a good book or do something proactive and subject myself to the guaranteed micromanagement and complaints. Now which page was I on........ :devil:
    I think you have really made the point that so many messages and threads on this board have alluded to. Please correct me if I am wrong, but if you were hired last year, then you must be a SOT graduate that has completed the Super Duper Docobo Academy Plan HCSO Hiring Program. Correct?

I am not knocking your training. What I am amazed about is this: According to your timeline you have come to your conclusions and outlook in less than two years. For all the Oorah you went through, the way the HCSO organizational culture is today it has zapped you into the "shade tree" outlook in less than two years. I hate to say this, but odds are you won't make 30 years and retire. I would bet you will relocate your career within the next 5 years or less due to unfulfillment here. You see, that is the real danger we all are facing here at HCSO. The programs and current operational culture are not built to last when it comes to sustaining our most valuable resource: Our Employees. Equipment means little if you do not have the motivated human capital to run them. Somewhere in all the morass the value of developing the employee and growin' them up in the profession has been lost. The new young people we are hiring are full of "willing and able," however, they are losing their ideals very quickly once they realize the real dark underbelly to the Office. There are currently two sets of rules: the ones in writing and the ones that are practiced for the few.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbender
    To Average Joe: How in the world do you expect a hillsborough sheriffs department employee to conduct his or her own private investigation on sheriff David Gee to find some of the specific evidence you want from them, without them immediately becoming the departments target #1, where they are certainly guaranteed to be fired? I think they are relying on most of us, Im sure media included, to use some common sense.
    You missed my point.........again.

You should never toss out assumptions and claim you have evidence unless you are willing to go to bat for that cause.

Some here are tossing out the assumption that department fuel was used. It is only an assumption.
    If you by some chance know this is a fact send your evidence off to the media. If you know for a fact that vacation time was not used tell someone. If you know he used the Office equipment say so. But from my sources that were there and work in the hanger he did not. I can even tell you who "donated" his ride but what point is there in that.

If you look at many of the so called charges against Sheriff Gee they are nothing more than rumors, or someone throwing something against the wall and hoping it will stick.

If you want to go after the Sheriff with facts stick to what we all know. That is he, and the BOCC, has allowed this agency to become dangerously understaffed. He has allowed this agency to turn aside some very good applicants because he wants only those with no academy. The Sheriff has been hiding in the shadows of his Office and allowing the Deputy Chief, Docobo, to run everything.

If and when this agency has a major disaster we all know that our brothers and sisters will get the job done, not because of they love this administration, but because they care for one another and their community. If by some chance you do not think this way, then you need to rethink what you are doing and possibly move on.

The second post above by poster named 'Truth to your words' is absolutely spot on correct. It's so sad that so many of us know this to be true and have known this to be true for such a long time, yet those in command stay stuck in their ways. Gee purchases fancy toy after fancy toy, yet does practically nothing to restore staffing the street. Those that do eventually hit the street with the current hiring practices, are not the same type of dedicated deputies the office used to hire. The 30 year mark is never going to be reached, as most now hired burn out in about 2 years and probably won't even last 10 years. The bottom line of the whole thing is, that even if every allotted position was filled right now, it would still leave Hcso way below the National Average of Leo to Citizen Ratio across the country. Again this falls back on Gee for not pushing for more deputy positions with the BOCC. Gee remains on permanent vacation why he allows the madman Docobo to run things. I cannot think of someone who so many believed in when first elected, that turned such a disappointment & dud then David Gee.

The BOCC is not to blame, it rests solely on Sheriff Gee. We have 300+ BUDGETED vacant positions that Gee willingly refuses to fill based upon his hiring practices.

It is only a matter of time before a deputy is seriously injured or killed here. I pray it never happens, but we all know it is a ticking time bomb. There have been recent staff meetings where the command staff has acknowledged on record that patrol is dangerously understaffed and that the allocation of deputies to certain districts is a result of driving distance to the district office, rather than manpower needs. They live in one district, but they are closer to another district office as the crow flies. I'm glad their roll-call day fuel costs dictate staffing needs more than manpower, call volume, and most importantly, OUR SAFETY.

Most, if not all, morale issues at HCSO disappear if Sheriff Gee filled the budgeted vacant positions with qualified pre-certified deputies.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    The BOCC is not to blame, it rests solely on Sheriff Gee. We have 300+ BUDGETED vacant positions that Gee willingly refuses to fill based upon his hiring practices.
    I have heard that the vacant positions were given to the Sheriff by the BOCC but the BOCC refused to budget the funds when times were ruff during the past 6-7 years.

I have also heard that these are funded positions.

Does the Sheriff post his budget like in past years?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123