180 day rule

Thread: 180 day rule

180 day rule

Our new Chief sent home 2 officers on administrative leave, with pay, pending the outcome of a federal investigation. The officers have been home for over three months and there have been no updates. This investigation was centered on the department and is over 3 years old. They have been cleared of everything every step of the way but our new chief (he started a few months ago) says that the government is now looking into them and sent them home. Does the chief have to prove there is a criminal investigation to violate the 180 day rule or do we just have to take his word for it? I would think a letter from the USAO or SAO stating they are targeting them should be necessary other wise he could lie and there is nothing anybody could do about it. Thanks

Re: 180 day rule

I heard of something like this in the Tampa area last year. Maybe somebody from down there can help. Good luck

Re: 180 day rule

Quote Originally Posted by Help
    Our new Chief sent home 2 officers on administrative leave, with pay, pending the outcome of a federal investigation. The officers have been home for over three months and there have been no updates. This investigation was centered on the department and is over 3 years old. They have been cleared of everything every step of the way but our new chief (he started a few months ago) says that the government is now looking into them and sent them home. Does the chief have to prove there is a criminal investigation to violate the 180 day rule or do we just have to take his word for it? I would think a letter from the USAO or SAO stating they are targeting them should be necessary other wise he could lie and there is nothing anybody could do about it. Thanks

If you will contact us at 1-800-733-7322, we can assist you.