Tampa area rated most stressful place in America to live

Tampa area rated most stressful place in America to live

Gotta just love it! Not that I'm surprised though.

"Sterlings" did a 2012 study of the most & least stressful places in the United States to live and yours truly, the Tampa Metropolitan area ranked as the #1 MOST STRESSFUL place to live. Five of the top ranked cities were all in Florida.

The study was based on a bunch of factors, but mainly on crime rate, suicide rate, depression rates, unemployment, divorce rates, income vs cost of living, traffic congestion & commute times, education & schools and numerous other factors.

You can check out the article & survey online, just Google Sterlings most and least stressful places to live 2012, or maybe somebody can copy & paste the article or website address on here.

Like I said though, really not surprised at all. This area sucks and it sure don't help with this current administration at HCSO adding to the stress level every chance they get. All the more reasons I'm retiring and getting as far away from this hole as possible. For those that are just starting their career at HCSO, goodluck lasting 30 years now! That stresses me out just thinking about it. See Ya!!!!

Re: Tampa area rated most stressful place in America to live

I'm anxiously awaiting for the 2013 rankings to come in. Maybe the Tampa Bay area can improve to the #2 most stressful place to live :wink:

This is what happens when a community allows the ••Ghetto Mentality•• to sprawl like crazy and takeover the residents quality of life issues. The drastic increase & tolerance of all the Section-8 Housing complexes is one prime example. Look what has happened to the "one time" nice & peaceful community of Brandon! OMG...for the love of sanity, activate the National Guard to help fight the crime and apprehend the thousands of illegal aliens before parts of Eastern Hillsborough County require a Passport to enter or leave the area. By the amount of gang grafitti, spray paint companies must be making a mint on spray paint sales. Thank God for ILP- :roll:

Is it any real surprise, when you see so often here locally that the law enforcement folks at HCSO cannot even stand each other. It's so obvious by just the posts & remarks made on this site alone, that everybody is clearly just out for themselves. I remember a time years back when we supported one another no matter what. We didn't leave other deputies or officers to fend for themselves, regardless of whether it was a criminal or a ranking staff member. We stood together on things and back then, this complete nonsense that I read about on here and the obvious lack of leadership by Sheriff David Gee would have already been dealt with head on. If he chose to hide in his office downtown like he does now or disappear somewhere else in order to avoid dealing with all the very obvious problems that the office currently has, we would actively seek him out and not stop until we had a face to face meeting with the man and demanded some answers.

All this ***** footing around by everyone because they are in fear for their careers, are you joking me? That's why you band together and make good witnesses should Sheriff Gee try to flex his pathetic powers and retaliate against someone trying to hold him accountable to the Oath he Swore to when he took office.

No wonder there is so much STRESS and JOB DISSATISFACTION at HCSO and in the Tampa area in general, if everyone treats each other like garbage and refuse to stand up and back each other. YOU ALL should be out seeking the same common goals in the law enforcement profession and those that consistently show that they only care about themselves should once again be dealt with head on, with plenty of witnesses. You all are obviously frustrated and stressed out, but your making it worse by attacking the wrong people. David Gee and Jose Docobo sound like the people that should have reason to be stressed out the most. All I know, is that I'm so very glad to be retired now, because there is no way in hell that I could have worked beside fellow deputies that clearly don't support one another and would go so far as to run and RAT YOU OUT for very minor things because there is supposedly some policy that directs them to do so? Are you F#&King KIDDING ME? That's a Second Grade Elementary School Policy!

But can Gee really be blamed for all of the problems with the Office?

I remember the days when squads did things together, partied together and had family dinners. This all came to a change during the Henderson administration when deputies and/or supervisors went to far with their off duty parties. Henderson started to hold them accountable.

Fast forward to today and we have what seems like everyone claiming special treatment for this worker or that worker. We have our legislators trying to dismantle the one perk that when all is said and done made this job bearable, your pensions.

Today everyone has a camera and will take pictures or videos of what they think is a wrong. Several years ago they would resort to sending these pictures to the media. When the media sometimes failed to respond we now have Facebook, Twitter and the whole internet to display our misdeeds.

Todays law enforcement is truly an open book when it comes to those on the street doing their jobs.

It is not yet open as to how understaffed the Office is, or the condition of the equipment or how one gets hired or promoted. It is not open as to how some supervisors have been over promoted and allowed to remain in those positions.

Don't worry. Just as soon as Governor Scott signs the bill allowing the Sheriff to withdraw the office from Hillsborough County Civil Service, he'll be able to hire the missing 300 deputies immediately. After all, there could be absolutely no other reason why the Sheriff and others in Hillsborough County would want out from under Civil Service. Right? Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Don't worry. Just as soon as Governor Scott signs the bill allowing the Sheriff to withdraw the office from Hillsborough County Civil Service, he'll be able to hire the missing 300 deputies immediately. After all, there could be absolutely no other reason why the Sheriff and others in Hillsborough County would want out from under Civil Service. Right? Right.
    Hahahahaha! Gee will do exactly what he did after ridding himself of the deputies union. He wants absolute total control over everything and everyone. The guy is soooooo insecure, with obvious reason, that he lives and breathes off needing power. People like him are in reality the weakest type of people. True leaders of men don't need a title or another star on their uniform to obtain the highest form of respect from their peers or subordinates. Think about the very few person(s) in your life who you honestly looked up to, admired and would have no hesitation following into battle. Now tell me that Gee fits any of those rare qualities? He's a joke and hcso would be a far better law enforcement agency without him, plain and simple fact. If he would have volunteered to do something just once in his life that was NOT self serving, like having served in the United States Military for example, it would at least help a little bit when it comes to his weak character traits. However, EVERYTHING he has done and still attempting to do is purely self serving. I have not a single ounce of respect for people like him.