Major Stephanie Daniels' Scholarship
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Major Stephanie Daniels' Scholarship

Did you guys read the recent email regarding Stephanie Daniels' Scholarship requirements? The child must have a 2.0 GPA or better! This is embarrassing to say the least. Folks, let's not teach our inner city children that they are average at best! Instead, let's encourage them to aim high and succeed! Let's not tell them that minorities can get by with minimal requirements. Let's not instill this foolishness in our children. Major Daniels, set the bar high for inner city children and you may just lower the amount of shootings in your District! Children of color are no different than any other children. You must instill in them to be the best regardless of their surroundings. Please don't make them feel any different by setting the bar so low for them! If you do, they will be just that, a 2.0 person!

Re: Major Stephanie Daniels' Scholarship

Two months before my 16th birthday, Dr. King uttered these profound words. Since, and irrespective of age, Dr. King's sage advice continues to be a major motivator in my life.

"If it falls your lot to be a street sweeper, sweep streets like Michelangelo painted pictures, sweep streets like Beethoven composed music, sweep streets like Leontyne Price sings before the Metropolitan Opera. Sweep streets like Shakespeare wrote poetry. Sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will have to pause and say: Here lived a great street sweeper who swept his job well. If you can't be a pine at the top of the hill, be a shrub in the valley. Be the best little shrub on the side of the hill." A woman I love very much once told me: "Set your eyes on the stars and for if you try real hard, you might reach the moon."

http://seattletimes.com/special/mlk/kin ... print.html

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Two months before my 16th birthday, Dr. King uttered these profound words. Since, and irrespective of age, Dr. King's sage advice continues to be a major motivator in my life.

"If it falls your lot to be a street sweeper, sweep streets like Michelangelo painted pictures, sweep streets like Beethoven composed music, sweep streets like Leontyne Price sings before the Metropolitan Opera. Sweep streets like Shakespeare wrote poetry. Sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will have to pause and say: Here lived a great street sweeper who swept his job well. If you can't be a pine at the top of the hill, be a shrub in the valley. Be the best little shrub on the side of the hill." A woman I love very much once told me: "Set your eyes on the stars and for if you try real hard, you might reach the moon."

I guess that those words were wasted on you if the best you can do is lurk in these pages and post nonsense.
    I guess that you have become the best little bull slinger on these pages.
    You are pitiful

Quote Originally Posted by Whooper no cheese

I guess that those words were wasted on you if the best you can do is lurk in these pages and post nonsense.
    You are pitiful
    Well, one might never achieve your current level of intellect and professional acumen, but in one's own limited way, one tries!

Quote Originally Posted by Whooper no cheese

You are pitiful
    Deriding and diminishing, is that the best you can do? Then again, your comment reflects the venom that in your soul dwells. Expiate, it is good for the soul!

I wonder why you have submit a picture of your kid? I guess they want to make sure the right kid gets the handout.

Maybe it be so dat only little Jamal, Keisha, and Laquinta get pick...

How very sad. How extremely disgusting is this? Showing your intolerance, very sad for our department in so many ways.

How very sad. How extremely disgusting is this? Showing your intolerance, very sad for our department in so many ways.
    I agree. They should allow non blacks to have a chance at winning the award. However, with the photo requirement and 2.0 GPA, I guess they've rigged this one for their own.

I'm just calling a spade a spade. No pun intended.

Do you want to know what's disgusting?
    1)The current hiring practices of this department
    2)The placing of certain minority groups in certain positions just to add a little color
    3)The arbitrary transfers of persons from select positions for the purpose of accommodating certain groups.

That's disgusting! All administrations have done it but not like this one. This one is one of a kind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast