RE-ELECT JIM PRESTON FOP STATE PRESIDENT

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

RE-ELECT JIM PRESTON FOP STATE PRESIDENT

The FOP will hold their annual conference in Orlando in June and State President Jim Preston is up for re-election. Jim has done an outstanding job as State FOP President and deserves to be re-elected. He is a strong leader in both labor and fraternal arenas. Jim has led the FOP to success after success during his term. He is a dedicated leader with a strong passion for the law enforcement community. Jim has the experience and commitment to the FOP to continue the progress and keep working for all members.

Many of you already know Jim on a state and national level because he's such a "hands-on" president who doesn't shy away from dealing with the issues. During my career with Tampa Police I was fortunate enough to work for Jim and later to found this website with him...he is a class act through and through who always puts officers' rights first. As such, I personally give him the highest recommendation possible.

A Vote for Jim Preston for State FOP President is a vote to keep unwavering ethics and character in office!

Re: RE-ELECT JIM PRESTON FOP STATE PRESIDENT

Chip, I couldn't agree with you more. I never had the opportunity to work along side Jim on the job, as I work in South Florida, but watching him and his dedication to the Fraternal Order of Police spans decades. He has proven that he is a leader, has the interests of all law enforcement and not for just for him or his select group of friends.

Jim's decisions are sound and based on solid research. He deserves to lead the FOP into the future..

As a retiree from Gainesville PD, I have only ONE question for Jeff McAdams who is running against Preston for the presidency:

What happened to our 185 money (about $5,000 p/person) that the City received after we won the settlement?

We didn't elect you as president of our local FOP Gator lodge to dodge these sorts of questions from the membership!

I just heard some SHOCKING news and, if it's true, I am truly disappointed and pissed! This could affect our leadership and the election. From what I understand there will be a General Membership meeting at FOP Gator Lodge #67 on Tuesday, May 27th, to discuss this and they will be screening for members of the Gainesville Sun trying to gain access.

McAdams is out of the race and being removed from office. The last time something like this happened we were talking about former FOP President Nelson Cuba from Jacksonville. Is there something in the water from north Florida?

Jim Preston is nothing more than a typical politician only interested in seeing himself advanced. Hi is way out of touch with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Jim Preston is nothing more than a typical politician only interested in seeing himself advanced. Hi is way out of touch with us.
    I could say the same about some people on the other ticket to, they are nothing but self serving jerks looking out for themselves and thier own interest not the membership. I think that McAdams and his ticket are worse and it looks like that its coming true for some and going to bite them in the rear end.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Most people would STRONGLY disagree with you. I noticed that you posted anonymously and failed to list one fact or reason to support what you say. You'd be hard pressed to find a previous Florida FOP president that has done more than Mr. Preston and, if you know of one, by all means please post it here so I can eat my words. One thing I'll always remember Mr. Preston for is his commitment to fallen officers and their families. He has been instrumental in the new FOP memorial and the donations he has made to the FOP Memorial both here (in Florida) and in Washington, D.C. speak for themselves. That hardly seems like someone who is" only interested in seeing himself advanced". I'm afraid your post has no credibility as far as I'm concerned.

It's like a Presidential race in years past. There just aren't any good candidates to pick from for State FOP President. I guess we will just have to suffer with the status quo for a few more years. The cronyism needs to be shattered and new blood placed on the Executive Board. Jim Preston needs to be kept in check.

Friday was a good day everyone that was on the elected board was replaced. The only one that kept his position was Jim Preston. The members have spoken..