9 out of 10 Floridians support medical marijuana - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 9 out of 10 Floridians support medical marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by Siesta moon
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SSO
    Doing the job you were hired to do is NOT a waste of time. It has to do with INTEGRITY. Something you obviously know nothing about.

Law Enforcement Officers who do not ENFORCE the laws should QUIT.

You are a disgrace to the agency that hired you.
    It's all about exercising common sense. When I was first hired, I was asked if I would enforce a law that I did not believe in, and I told the oral board no. Actually not. And they hired me and now I am not enforcing marijuana laws. Too bad so sad bye-bye
    Another moron getting paid NOT to do his job, WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!!! NOT!
    And they wonder why taxpayers are disgusted with useless deputies.

[quote=John Q.]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Siesta moon":9lpmzu2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SSO
    Doing the job you were hired to do is NOT a waste of time. It has to do with INTEGRITY. Something you obviously know nothing about.

Law Enforcement Officers who do not ENFORCE the laws should QUIT.

You are a disgrace to the agency that hired you.
    It's all about exercising common sense. When I was first hired, I was asked if I would enforce a law that I did not believe in, and I told the oral board no. Actually not. And they hired me and now I am not enforcing marijuana laws. Too bad so sad bye-bye
    Another moron getting paid NOT to do his job, WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!!! NOT!
    And they wonder why taxpayers are disgusted with useless deputies.[/quote:9lpmzu2m]

I also have no respect for people who can't or won't do their jobs. They should be fired, not given a chance to resign.

Quote Originally Posted by Associated Press
    The poll found only 53 percent of voters support recreational use of marijuana.
    Is anyone else amazed by this?

Quote Originally Posted by sso
    Is anyone else amazed by this?
    First, is the poll accurate? Second, if the poll is accurate, then yes, it's very surprising. Most Floridians just don't see pot as being worthy of an arrest, at least according to the poll.

[quote=s57][quote=sso]
    Quote Originally Posted by LEO News Flash
    Quote Originally Posted by Associated Press":1ej1sjqs]TALLAHASSEE — Nearly 9 out of 10 Floridians support medical marijuana, according to a [url=http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/florida/release-detail?ReleaseID=2038]Quinnipiac University[/url] poll release on May 5.

Support is over 80 percent for all age groups.

The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.6 percent.[/quote]

[url="http://health.heraldtribune.com/2014/05/06/poll-large-support-medical-marijuana/
    http://health.heraldtribune.com/2014/05 ... marijuana/[/url]
    The pole on medical marijuana is not surprising because I knew that would pass, but I'm shocked that over 50% of the people said they would vote to legalize recreational marijuana. That is stunning.
    So it pretty much reflects my view that arresting someone for 1, 2 or 3 grams of pot is a waste of my time, the jails time, the SAOs time and the taxpayers money. lol And speaking of being a waste of money, Knight says that legalization of medical marijuana will make property values decline. oMg WtF?[/quote:1ej1sjqs]

Another clueless idiot.

My biggest Cocaine and Heroine Arrests started out as arrests for 1 gram of Marijuana. It's called being an investigator. These drug suspects always have connections. You just have to follow up. Threats don't get anything, but once the cuffs go on and they realize they are going to jail, the info starts pouring out of them.

19years and counting -

My biggest Cocaine and Heroine Arrests started out as arrests for 1 gram of Marijuana. It's called being an investigator. These drug suspects always have connections. You just have to follow up. Threats don't get anything, but once the cuffs go on and they realize they are going to jail, the info starts pouring out of them.
    Same here. And many of those started as a speeding or ran red light ticket. Making a major case out of a minor violation is really not that hard. Too many worthless cops just blow it off and think they just get paid to drive around doing nothing.

The pro pot lobby doesn't like our sheriff educating our community. They don't want voters to know that the constitutional amendment is not about sick family members.

The pro pot campaign is about legalization, period. Every Sheriff in Florida knows legalization will mean greater crime.

It's shameful that chronically debilitated Floridians are being used as pawns by big business. Compassionate Floridians are being manipulated.

Let's be clear: The ballot language doesn't mention an age restriction and requires no parental consent for minors. You do not get a prescription from your doctor and go to a pharmacy. You get a recommendation and go to a pot dispensary.

The word chronic isn't in the language, which means a headache today can equal pot tomorrow.

Our children are watching and listening and there is reason to be scared and cautious. There is credible research that chronic marijuana users lose IQ points.

Pro-pot calls this fear mongering, I call it sad reality.

History is our best predictor: Do we want pot dispensaries replacing pill mills?

Quote Originally Posted by JS 17
    The pro pot lobby doesn't like our sheriff educating our community.
    That's a sweeping, inaccurate, over-generalization. It's reminiscent of when Knight made the public statement that the legalization of medical marijuana will cause land values to plummet. People laugh when Knight says stuff like that. That is obviously fear mongering with deceitful smoke and mirrors, but people see right through it because it has no basis in reality. Balkwill had people patting him on the back telling him that he was doing good. Similarly, when Knight makes those bizarre statements in public, a few high paid 2nd floor lackeys are patting Knight on the back and telling him that his speeches are great and that he has nothing to worry about.

We know that Knight got arrested for disorderly conduct from an alcohol fueled incident at a bar. However, with all his bizarre statements in public, people want to know if he experimented with LSD at any point? His bizarre public statements need clarification -- or are his wild statements flashbacks?

TALLAHASSEE — Nearly 9 out of 10 Floridians support medical marijuana, according to a Quinnipiac University poll release on May 5. Support is over 80 percent for all age groups.
    That statistic is incredibly high.

The poll found only 53 percent of voters support recreational use of marijuana. The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.6 percent.
    That statistic is stunning. Pot should be decriminalized and made a civil infraction -- that way it is still illegal, but only at a civil level where people would be fined for illegally possessing it. Instead of making a x15, just write a civil ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by JS 17
    The pro pot lobby doesn't like our sheriff educating our community. They don't want voters to know that the constitutional amendment is not about sick family members.

The pro pot campaign is about legalization, period. Every Sheriff in Florida knows legalization will mean greater crime.

It's shameful that chronically debilitated Floridians are being used as pawns by big business. Compassionate Floridians are being manipulated.

Let's be clear: The ballot language doesn't mention an age restriction and requires no parental consent for minors. You do not get a prescription from your doctor and go to a pharmacy. You get a recommendation and go to a pot dispensary.

The word chronic isn't in the language, which means a headache today can equal pot tomorrow.

Our children are watching and listening and there is reason to be scared and cautious. There is credible research that chronic marijuana users lose IQ points.

Pro-pot calls this fear mongering, I call it sad reality.

History is our best predictor: Do we want pot dispensaries replacing pill mills?
    Agreed!

[quote=land values]
    Quote Originally Posted by "JS 17":2mt7ikh2
    The pro pot lobby doesn't like our sheriff educating our community.
    That's a sweeping, inaccurate, over-generalization. It's reminiscent of when Knight made the public statement that the legalization of medical marijuana will cause land values to plummet. People laugh when Knight says stuff like that. That is obviously fear mongering with deceitful smoke and mirrors, but people see right through it because it has no basis in reality. Balkwill had people patting him on the back telling him that he was doing good. Similarly, when Knight makes those bizarre statements in public, a few high paid 2nd floor lackeys are patting Knight on the back and telling him that his speeches are great and that he has nothing to worry about.

We know that Knight got arrested for disorderly conduct from an alcohol fueled incident at a bar. However, with all his bizarre statements in public, people want to know if he experimented with LSD at any point? His bizarre public statements need clarification -- or are his wild statements flashbacks? [/quote:2mt7ikh2]
    It's easy to make blanket statements in public and then walk away without offering any logical explanation whatsoever. That seems to be Mr. Knight's pattern.

[quote=land values]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Associated Press":2mt7ikh2
    TALLAHASSEE — Nearly 9 out of 10 Floridians support medical marijuana, according to a Quinnipiac University poll release on May 5. Support is over 80 percent for all age groups.
    That statistic is incredibly high. [/quote:2mt7ikh2]
    The poll also comes from a reputable source, which makes the results even more surprising. Most of us are surprised at the high number of Floridians who are in favor of legalizing medical marijuana. Over 80%?

[quote=land values]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Associated Press":2mt7ikh2
    The poll found only 53 percent of voters support recreational use of marijuana. The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.6 percent.
    That statistic is stunning. Pot should be decriminalized and made a civil infraction -- that way it is still illegal, but only at a civil level where people would be fined for illegally possessing it. Instead of making a x15, just write a civil ticket.[/quote:2mt7ikh2]
    If you're referring to the decriminalization of recreational pot (i.e. making it a civil offense instead), then that's actually a very good idea. By making it a civil offense, it remains illegal. Keep it illegal, but make it a civil offense.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast