And the Folks at Broward Sheriff Office Say? - Page 15
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

More from Bay Harbor Police

Can anyone tell me where our PBA rep is and does really care about anyone else except himself. Last I heard from someone else in the department (not my rep) we were to have a union meeting. I guess when he went on vacation he forgot about us.

Re: Lets see want others are saying

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I am worried about DC and the teamsters have got me squat - the same as everyone else since they took over - while the PBA has got a couple of 5% raises for their people. What a frickin joke.
    Well what worries me is that many Law Enforcement Officer I know are posting concerns about PBA and we should listen to them. Look at a friends concerns at Palm Beach County Sheriff Office. "The voting was rigged. All votes should be cast and tabulated in HR. I'll bet the ballots somehow disappear like the finance books. I'll bet if someone called into the IRS and complained that PBA doesn't publish its last three years of expenditures as per law, then something could be done. By law all non-profit organizations are required to post and have accessible the last 3 years books for public viewing. It really doesn't matter anyway, when obamacare and rick scott's raping of our benefits kicks in, nobody is going to have money for dues anyway. PBA is the first thing I will cut out of my budget when the doo-doo hits the fan on my bank statement. If you think for one second that anything is going to change, you've got another thing coming. The PBA and all the other unions can push, scream and try to go into arbitration but the city and county governments will then file for bankruptcy and make all contracts null and void. The PBA is noting more than a BBQ fraternity. Why is it that the same people get reelected each time; year after year? It is all rigged by PBA.

Re: And the Folks at Broward Sheriff Office Say?

Sure is a lot of anti PBA Law Enforcement here.

Nice. One thread for all the spam now.

And there seems to be a lot of anti PBA post.

And there seems to be a lot of anti PBA post.
    Yep by just 2 IP addresses it looks like. At least the spam on other agencies is restricted to here now.

Exactly. Phil Cote's laptop and Phil Cote's other laptop..

Re: Input from Tampa, FHP, FDLE, Miami, Bradenton, Broward

Below is a post taken from the FHP link. I guess they are starting to find out how rotten and weak Puckett and the PBA is now. :lol:

PBA cannot come through for us, that’s why Matt and Bill Smith have been silent. Matt used to respond almost immediately on the forum and we have not heard from him over seven days. With 20 days left in the session we should have some idea about pay raises. How about it Matt or Bill Smith?

Hello?
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

And this post was taken from the FDLE site. As you can see, many think the walls are falling in on the PBA. Two more reasons I am glad we escaped from these loser. glad to be a Teamster.

I was very disappointed as a FDLE PBA member to read about the union and the profane remarks towards Gov Scott. While I certainly don't agree with Gov Scott on some issues, I don't see what the union stands to gain by this tactic. If anything, it hurts us! It makes us look bad to the public. I think maybe it is time we look at changing to another bargaining unit. We certainly aren't going to get anywhere with the PBA, as is evident with the last contract, and the profane language towards Gov Scott.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Here is a post from the Tampa Police Department site. And the walls are tumbling down.. :lol:

Hello! Where are the updates? Why do I have to get PBA news from rumors. Didn't the PBA recently sit down with the city and have a meeting regarding the shift bid grievance? Why was the results of that meeting not immediately posted on the PBA board? For that matter, why wasn't the membership even notified of the meeting. Greg is gone. This is all on you Vinny. Looks like more of the same. For those of you who haven't checked the PBA website I have important information for you that is prominently posted on the site. Pension benefits for same gender marriages. I guess the other rumor may be true. So far Vinny is no different than Greg. The job of PBA president appears to be to only coast for a few years and do nothing

This is from the Miami Police Department. This shows you how the PBA took the money out of the pockets of hard working officers. Hey, Gilbert, I guess you were not the only one who sucked as a leader at PBA. The rotten PBA leadership seem to be all over the state. :lol: :lol:

If paying the additional 5% healthcare fee to the county upsets you, look no further than the PBA for an answer. In the summer of 2012, the PBA had a chance to back one of our own cops, Manny Machado, as commissioner to replace outgoing Commissioner Joe Martinez. Instead, it supported Juan Zapata, an individual known to be hostile to law enforcement and someone who does not have the best interest for our cause. Machado, a former Hammocks District detective, gained 46% of the vote with little help and a mere $500 check from the PBA. Juan Zapata on the other hand was given a check worth $1000.00 by the PBA and political backing that got him to the top. The damage done by the PBA did not end there. While it's leader screamed at the top of his lungs his full support of Joe Martinez, it is now known that he and the rest of the leadership at the PBA, were supporting Carlos Gimenez behind the scenes. With few exceptions, our PBA representatives were instructed to sit tight and support Carlos Gimenez. The majority of those representatives did just that and failed to rally the troops against Gimenez. Today, we continue to pay the 5%, our benefits have not been restored and payouts and layoffs may be waiting for us in the future. Furthermore, with an MDPD administration formed of Gimenez's lackeys and toadies, it is highly probable that the department will once again support Gimenez in his reelection. Had Manny Machado won and being commissioner now, he would have been the 9th vote on the commission that would have overridden the mayor's veto and our 5% would have been restored. This brings to mind the questions: Who is the PBA working for? Is this just a country club for "connected" individuals? As long as these back room shenanigans continue you can forget any honest service by those put in place to represent our will.

Lets not forget the post on the Bradenton Police site. Just review below. Man, I hope Puckett can see the writing on the wall.. :wink:

Puckett can suck it, PBA needs some grey hair in Tallahassee, not Hal but somebody who is an experienced negotiator and strategist. Matt is not up for the job.

And two cents from the folks at the Broward County Sheriff Office. Dudes, you cannot make this crap up. There are so many people in this state that just hate PBA. Review their post below. :lol:

So the PBA spends money for an airplane to fly a banner over the beach in order to trash the police chief but they will not spend a single penny fighting for BSO deputies to get a pay raise. Once again the PBA has proven they will fight for Hollywood and not for us. You are a fool if you continue giving the PBA money

Re: Input from around the state

Postby Guest » 04/16/14 21:36:14

Forgot to add the comments from the Bartow folks.

Even the little town of Bartow posted their thoughts of PBA. Man, I think the dam on PBA is about to break. Can you say WOW... :shock:

You NEED to know how your union dues are being expended by the PBA
    In 2010 and 2011 in Coconut Creek Florida the PBA has hired private investigators to follow around, photograph and harass fellow police officers in good standing who are also PBA dues paying members. The Officers are witnesses in an arbitration against a former officer who is being represented by the PBA.
    To make matters worse, the PBA hired 2 former police officers as private investigators, one who was convicted by a jury for filing false police reports and whose conviction was upheld by an Appeals Court. The second private investigator is a former HPD officer who was arrested and awaiting trial for framing a citizen in the now famous “Disney Production” DUI case in Hollywood Florida.
    Our Union Dues are being utilized against our own members and we are paying dishonest ex cops to investigate our own.
    There is something really wrong going on.

^^^ Good to see you are not spamming again and keeping that in this thread. :lol:

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415