The Citizens Deserve a Better Sheriff - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: The Citizens Deserve a Better Sheriff

And, if you talk to R&S they will tell you that "The Chief" has to sign off on any hires. History shows that he, "The Chief" is totally arbitrary and capricious in his selections. He doesn't like a person because of a traffic citation, the spelling of their last name, or anything else he can think of to disqualify a candidate. Unless the Sheriff removes "The Chief" from the selection process, nothing is going to change. They, "The Chief" and the Sheriff have dug a hole for themselves and are now finding out that they have to compete with surrounding counties for qualified candidates and when they, the candidates, look at HCSO's requirements...off to Pinellas, Pasco, or Polk. Sorry, the hole is too deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Me, Myself, and I
    And, if you talk to R&S they will tell you that "The Chief" has to sign off on any hires. History shows that he, "The Chief" is totally arbitrary and capricious in his selections. He doesn't like a person because of a traffic citation, the spelling of their last name, or anything else he can think of to disqualify a candidate. Unless the Sheriff removes "The Chief" from the selection process, nothing is going to change. They, "The Chief" and the Sheriff have dug a hole for themselves and are now finding out that they have to compete with surrounding counties for qualified candidates and when they, the candidates, look at HCSO's requirements...off to Pinellas, Pasco, or Polk. Sorry, the hole is too deep.
    You are "Correct-A-Mundo" my friend!

This is June. In the next few months we will know if this is all true won't we.

We will also begin to a good deal of attrition from the college degree folks who took this job simply for a paycheck. With the economy on the mend, it won't be far down the road when these predicted departures start kicking into high gear. On my squad alone, there are 2 second year deputies that have applications out at several large engineering companies and are just waiting to haul butt as soon as they get the call. Then there is a 3rd deputy on my squad who has applied at a Federal Agency and they ate doing his background check already. Thats 3 on my squad alone, so I have no doubt that if they don't change the current ridiculously stringent and arrogant hiring process here, things are going to get much worse before or if they ever get better with Gee running things.

Every post looks exactly the same if you read it long enough. Always blah blah this agency sucks. Blah bla screw gee and Docobo. The deputy in question from te original post was a good guy. There's no reason to hate on him. The office didn't keep it a secret as everyone knew about it the day it happened. Sorry you are slow on the updates "Average Joe". Normally I agree with most if your postings but I'll have to stand firm on this one. Listen to his side of the story (which was also aired on the news) and then tell me what you would have done. Or are you so perfect and have had such an illustrious career that you would never make a snap decision or bad judgement call. I sincerely hope it's never one of you naysayers on the evening news having to read everyone armchair quarterbacking you on this site in between humping zone calls for service after 20 years....to everyone else out not hating our agency and badmouthing everyone in a publicly viewed forum, stay safe and peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezus
    Every post looks exactly the same if you read it long enough. Always blah blah this agency sucks. Blah bla screw gee and Docobo. The deputy in question from te original post was a good guy. There's no reason to hate on him. The office didn't keep it a secret as everyone knew about it the day it happened. Sorry you are slow on the updates "Average Joe". Normally I agree with most if your postings but I'll have to stand firm on this one. Listen to his side of the story (which was also aired on the news) and then tell me what you would have done. Or are you so perfect and have had such an illustrious career that you would never make a snap decision or bad judgement call. I sincerely hope it's never one of you naysayers on the evening news having to read everyone armchair quarterbacking you on this site in between humping zone calls for service after 20 years....to everyone else out not hating our agency and badmouthing everyone in a publicly viewed forum, stay safe and peace.

Which is your right. But I also have the right to my opinion. I heard what he had to say. I also watched the cell phone video.

He reared ended the guy. It was his fault. So why did he get out and pick a fight with this other driver? That was not a snap judgment call. He had time to think, but he reacted the way he did and it cost him his job to what was a fine career.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567