The Citizens Deserve a Better Sheriff - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The Citizens Deserve a Better Sheriff

Our district has been told that an arrest/PC pickup is to be effected or a warrant sought if the subject cannot be located for all criminal charges. This includes cases where probable cause might exist, but the circumstances are questionable. You do not want to be the deputy that direct files charges in my district or there will be questions asked.

[quote=est"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    It is time for someone to step up and run for sheriff. It is time for someone, who has no ties to this agency, to take over and clean house.

The below article is from the St. Pete Times. How was this Office able to keep this so quiet for so long?

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...d-rage/2176945

Why did the deputies ask, and then stand there while a witness deleted this incident on video?

Why was not this deputy charged with the felony?

Why wasn't this deputy fired? Why did not this Office file paperwork with the state to without the deputies pension?

This Office is ran on who you know. Cleary this deputy knew someone. Cleary Sheriff Gee and Deputy Chief Docobo run this Office as a political unit. Cleary this Office does show favoritism not only to some within the Office, but those outside as well.

The Sheriff's Office must be run as a neutral law enforcement agency. You have to let the chips fall where they may no matter how much we may not like the out come.

The time has come for Sheriff Gee to step down and for Deputy Chief Docobo to leave. It is clearly time for some new blood, from the outside, to bring this agency to the forefront of law enforcement.

I am praying that the Tampa Bay Times will follow up on this news and continue to ask the question "why".

WTF - Maybe you should look yourself in the mirror and see what a malcontent you are!! TPD has had 8 officers arrested or indicted in the last year.. !!! TPD has had more arrest than Lakeland PD ever had..The media were relentless on Womac....but Castor just keeps getting a free pass from the liberal media. Where's the federal indictments, TPD gets free pass on there serious corruption issues. JOE you do noting but bad mouth HCSO every time you post, your pathetic!

HCSO sent the entire investigation to the SAO and they made the decision! You better look at the video before you cast stones, your arse could easily be in a similar situation.

[quote=Guesta]
    Quote Originally Posted by est"
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    It is time for someone to step up and run for sheriff. It is time for someone, who has no ties to this agency, to take over and clean house.

The below article is from the St. Pete Times. How was this Office able to keep this so quiet for so long?

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...d-rage/2176945

Why did the deputies ask, and then stand there while a witness deleted this incident on video?

Why was not this deputy charged with the felony?

Why wasn't this deputy fired? Why did not this Office file paperwork with the state to without the deputies pension?

This Office is ran on who you know. Cleary this deputy knew someone. Cleary Sheriff Gee and Deputy Chief Docobo run this Office as a political unit. Cleary this Office does show favoritism not only to some within the Office, but those outside as well.

The Sheriff's Office must be run as a neutral law enforcement agency. You have to let the chips fall where they may no matter how much we may not like the out come.

The time has come for Sheriff Gee to step down and for Deputy Chief Docobo to leave. It is clearly time for some new blood, from the outside, to bring this agency to the forefront of law enforcement.

I am praying that the Tampa Bay Times will follow up on this news and continue to ask the question "why".

WTF - Maybe you should look yourself in the mirror and see what a malcontent you are!! TPD has had 8 officers arrested or indicted in the last year.. !!! TPD has had more arrest than Lakeland PD ever had..The media were relentless on Womac....but Castor just keeps getting a free pass from the liberal media. Where's the federal indictments, TPD gets free pass on there serious corruption issues. JOE you do noting but bad mouth HCSO every time you post, your pathetic!

HCSO sent the entire investigation to the SAO and they made the decision! You better look at the video before you cast stones, your arse could easily be in a similar situation.

I didn't work for TPD or LPD. I do not care a rats ass about either agency. And for the record I hate how TPD treats the public and are so condescending to the citizens of Tampa.

Did you see the video? If so which video was it? Was it one that was ordered to be erased?

And when I was with HCSO they were far better than either agency you mentioned.

Since when has the Tampa Bay Slime ever got anything right, but this case they never said the video didn't get impounded, they just said the deputy never should have asked them to delete it...I suggest people watch the video and make up their own mind, rather listen to you and to listen to you whine about no one giving you a big kiss and hug now that your retired. ...grow up and go enjoy your retirement....All you do is slam the agency....we get you don't like Gee and Docobo....but for your own sake GET A FRICKEN LIFE DUDE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guesta
    Since when has the Tampa Bay Slime ever got anything right, but this case they never said the video didn't get impounded, they just said the deputy never should have asked them to delete it...I suggest people watch the video and make up their own mind, rather listen to you and to listen to you whine about no one giving you a big kiss and hug now that your retired. ...grow up and go enjoy your retirement....All you do is slam the agency....we get you don't like Gee and Docobo....but for your own sake GET A FRICKEN LIFE DUDE!!

hugs and kisses bro

Guesta, if you have seen this video please share with us that have not in order to get the facts straight.

And it was not just the Times. Several other media outlets have now ran stories of this incident.

Gotta agree bro. Over 1500 posts, consuming almost seven years of your life *****ing and moaning and nothings changed. That's the definition of insanity. When I'm gone I could care less if who is Sheriff and what goes on within the agency. Ive been around cops long enough to know we are the biggest complainers of all, no wonder the public is pushing back lately. Just find me one agency on LEO affairs where people aren't saying "its the worst Ive ever seen it here!" If I was Gee or Docobo I would laugh @ you daily AJ knowing you're wasting your personal time and cant affect one, not one, thing. Don't you have any friends or family? I feel sad for you in some small way. Hope things get better, if you need someone to talk to don't forget the crisis line.

As things currently stand at HCSO, I would actually trust the Tampa Bay Times much more then any of the BS propaganda and crooked methods used by Gee and his miserable staff of ego driven clowns. The push for more & more collection, yet no emphasis placed on simple common sense is what has ruined HCSO. Everyone from the top to the bottom has turned into complete jokes & jerks. Everybody has a bad attitude from top to bottom as well. Really makes for a pleasurable place to work at. It's obvious that neither Gee or Docobo give a rats anus, since neither have shown their faces at a rollcall or other regular deputy gathering going on how many years now? They fire the injured, bury those not politically connected and then go out of their way to protect those that are. The office is a complete mess, full of nothing but bands of small groups who won't lift a finger to help one another unless there is some benefit in it for themselves. The citizens receive absolute shit*y service on a daily basis and the morale is deplorable, and thats putting it lightly. Lets not forget that it has become nearly impossible to improve things right now, because you have the blind leading the blind with the current FTO program being full of nothing but rookies becoming FTO's. They have not had the opportunity to learn hardly anything themselves, then the office makes them FTO's. It's a complete joke! Hardly anybody does any proactive law enforcement on the street now, because they don't know what to look for or how to handle most situations. So instead they have become robots who do nothing but answer a call for service and then spend forever trying to figure out how to handle the call. Goodluck getting a supervisor to help you out, because they too were promoted out of politics, not because they worked hard or know anything about police work. So sorry if this truth about the current state of things at HCSO hurts your feelings, it's just that the truth has a way of upsetting those who fit the mold, and most now do.

The video is on Bay News 9 for your viewing. It starts with a mob of people gathered around a fight. The crowd pulls a man off of another. Pettis was on the bottom, on his back, in a choke hold by a person who later claims to be a wrestling coach. He pulls his gun while on the ground, until he can get to his feet. When they back away, he puts it away. Sounds like a valid self defense claim. Have you never drawn your gun on a traffic stop, while clearing a building? You don't even know if there is a threat yet. What is inexcusable is how two grown men get into a fist fight to begin with, and over a fender bender. Grow up. That is why he does not deserve to work here anymore. The problem is, Joe Blow won't loose his job. We are supposed to be better than them. We should hold ourselves to a higher standard.

Makes sense that the SAO would only charge battery. They have to file what they can prove. Does the normal citizen get treated the same way by the SAO? The normal citizen has NO interaction with the SAO. The normal citizen is law abiding. Criminals get lesser charges all the time, you are lying to yourself if you don't think so. Murder dropped to manslaughter, teachers getting probation after having sex with students, burglars get trespassing with holds, home invasion dropped to simple battery, DUI to reckless. We can find them all day long.

Ok, I just watched the video. What did he do that was so right?

Stand your ground doesn't even apply in the case. The teacher was walking away and was surrounded by others. So why did he have to pull his gun? I saw absolutely no threat to him. It is too bad that on the video you can only hear children calling for their dad to get back into the car and another crying. Clearly there were those there that feared something bad was going to happen once they saw the gun. And the last time I checked being in possession and showing you have the gun, while making threats, is an aggravated assault.

And in all my years of doing this stuff never have I heard of a victim not having a say in "diversion". In fact it was mandatory.

I feel sorry for the teacher. Now he wants the Attorney General to appoint a special prosecutor. I guess he does not know that Bondi once worked for Mark Ober or that she lives with David Gee's main supporter and one of his best friends Dr. Henderson.

It's why David Gee treats his people so badly and feels that he can get away with ANYTHING, because he does. The man is a TICKing timebomb, literally, for those who catch the hint and know his history. It's leaders just like him that cause most sane citizens to hate politicians and the corruption it breeds. I would love for a Federal insight committee to take a close look at the day to day operations, or lack of, that occur at the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office. The local media is bias and so many unethical & questionable things occur right under their noses and they turn the other cheek to it. A outside source would expose the real truth and the local media will be plagued with questions and industry embarrasment for not breaking the story years ago. All I know is that some news reporter out there will make their career and unearth a nationwide, tabloid stand story if they just did a little old fashioned detective work. The truth deserves to be told and I have no doubt that one day soon it will be. All I will say is that some things are not the way they appear at the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, even despite the fact that the office's reputation has suffered greatly under Gee's watch. This however, is just the tip of the iceberg. Let the housecleaning begin.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast