$2.5 million extra/year for the NMB PD

Exclamation $2.5 million extra/year for the NMB PD

So the city council is about to finally privatize the solid waste department. It took them almost 3 years to figure out this no brainer.

I heard from city officials that this will free up about $2.5 million in savings every year. Think about how much money they wasted by not doing this long ago. Money out the damn door. We could have used that money to stop the terrible cuts that were made to our PD.

I assume most of this $2.5 million will go toward rebuilding the compensation of officers and general infrastructure of the NMB PD.

Does anyone know how they plan to use this money?

Keep up the good work guys and gals.

Re: $2.5 million extra/year for the NMB PD

Lmao!!!! Good one!

Post Re: $2.5 million extra/year for the NMB PD

Privatize waste???? are you out of your ****ing mind you must not be a resident here that waste management bill will double within the 3-years of the contract.... **** that Shit..!! And you really think this council will give you the balance the Police department keep Dreaming..!...

This is found money for the PD. It's just complete nonsense that there won't be huge savings every year until eternity. I remember hearing the savings were closer to 3 million every year.

The only people who would oppose this are those who feel that taxes or the crime rate aren't high enough. Or people who just want to keep our city in the dumps for their own personal or political agendas.

I just can't believe the union leadership doesn't have a plan to work with the CM and council to steer this money toward the PD.

But this is NMB. Dumber shit has happened in our city. Let's hope wiser heads prevail this time.

"Garbage is more important and the PD is non essential"
    The city policy is clearly geared and functioning in that manner. ENJOY RESIDENTS, YOU ELECTED THEM. LOL

Alfredo maybe you can come up with a plan to steer this money our way. Good luck.