LEOs and the mentally ill
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

LEOs and the mentally ill

Guess it happens in cities other than No Po too..

http://www.stlamerican.com/news/local_n ... f887a.html

Unregistered
    f(sonseeyou) the Law. Success.

Asked for a response, a spokesman referred to comments Flynn made the day before. The chief said then that the public would not trust the department's "defense of justifiable police action if we fail to hold ourselves accountable when those actions are not justified."

While Manney correctly assessed Hamilton as mentally ill, he treated him not as someone who was sick but as a dangerous criminal, Flynn said. The chief also said he knew some officers would be upset by his decision.

http://www.policeone.com/officer-sho...adly-shooting/

Member LEO Affairs Detective
    Stephanie

Please call Andrea Mogensen, attorney, at 941-955-1066. Ask to speak with Andrea directly. Tell her you are the woman I had previously talked with her about. Tell her she is free to call me if she wishes for more background info.

-- John Patten

Thank you John. Maybe I should. I keep waiting for this to be made right. My last real hope is the outside investigation recognizing and assuring that meaningful change is made. The system of internal justice is damn sure broken. The next mother that dials 9-1-1 when her child is in crisis should never bear witness to what was done when I called. I keep trying to put time and distance between me and my anger but in the end, I should be angry and the practice needs to end, here and everywhere.

Unregistered
    OMG... Stephanie and JP... Please just exchange phone numbers and text each other. This crap is soooo played out. The police department is doing their job, and sometimes that means people have force used upon them. That is the "bad guys" choice, not the officers. You two need to get a life.

Sounds pretty close to the things he was saying and doing that night. All of which I have shared here in general and truthfully to Uebelacker. It proves he was admidst a psychotic break.. pssst THAT is the reason I called 911. It matters not what was said, it is about the actions. Joe did not strike me or the officers.

Honesty was one sided. Like, the three officers that denied watching Clark pummel him a repeatedly n the head with a closed fist when he was pinned face down on the concrete floor. TThen there is Clark stating he only struck him three times.. right. How about Long who used his taser three times last year.. two on mentally ill subjects and a dog.. oh yeah.. make sure you look up his history. he got hurt by a violent mentally ill man.. so now he gets away with taking it out on every other one that crosses his path? and don't forget the screamer Lyon screaming "Hit him again! Hit him again!" He has tossed his good sense before.. check out his files as well.

Unregistered
    Oh here you go, throwing everything but the kitchen sink into the mix to make your useless case. So officers use force, happens every day and will continue to happen as long as violent people are out there. Just because you have the officers history of response to resistance means nothing. I am sure they were all justified. You need to understand the law that protects police from what you are actually trying to do, it is called Graham vs Conner. Look it up and how it protects officers. You need to educate yourself a bit more and stop listening to freelance reporters that are angry at the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast