Forced Resignations / Terminations - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Forced Resignations / Terminations

Quote Originally Posted by knightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    the sheriff lied like hell well he came and spoke to about 15 of us one knight before the election on how he was an outsider and favortism would end. YEA RIGHT! You weren't hired because you campaigned for him, right Wendy? Right Kurt? Give me a flippin break!
    Good points, but you also forgot to mention that Ronnie Locke met with Knight prior to the election. After that meeting, Locke supported Knight's political campaign for the office of sheriff. After Knight won the election, Locke was accused of sexually molesting a juvenile girl, BUT Knight refused to conduct an investigation against him. Knight even refused to interview Locke in IA about it. That is dirty politics at its worst.
    Why would any man in his right mind not conduct an investigation OR AT LEAST AN INTERVIEW of someone who is accused of sexually molesting a juvenile? Knight's culpability is not alone in that mismanagement incompetence. There is also a direct connection with Steve Burns (who is buddies with Locke), along with Kurt Hoffman's behind-the-scenes legalese. There is plenty of incompetence to share.

Quote Originally Posted by no logic
    the sheriff lied like hell well he came and spoke to about 15 of us one knight before the election on how he was an outsider and favortism would end. YEA RIGHT! You weren't hired because you campaigned for him, right Wendy? Right Kurt? Give me a flippin break!
    Good points, but you also forgot to mention that Ronnie Locke met with Knight prior to the election. After that meeting, Locke supported Knight's political campaign for the office of sheriff. After Knight won the election, Locke was accused of sexually molesting a juvenile girl, BUT Knight refused to conduct an investigation against him. Knight even refused to interview Locke in IA about it. That is dirty politics at its worst.
    Why would any man in his right mind not conduct an investigation OR AT LEAST AN INTERVIEW of someone who is accused of sexually molesting a juvenile? Knight's culpability is not alone in that mismanagement incompetence. There is also a direct connection with Steve Burns (who is buddies with Locke), along with Kurt Hoffman's behind-the-scenes legalese. There is plenty of incompetence to share.

BECAUSE AS BAD AS IT LOOKS, IT AINT OVER.

This is in response to what is highlighted in red in the above quote.

Professional ethics deals with behaviors that are relevant to a profession. For example, an allegation that a captain (Ron Locke) had sex with an underaged juvenile female is ethically relevant to the law enforcement profession. Mr. Knight took what he thought was an easier decision to avoid responsibility, transfer blame, hide behind rationalizations and his refusal to stand up for what’s right. Many of us are aware of Mr. Knight's refusal to uphold ethics in his unprofessional decision-making and he needs to be removed from the office of sheriff in Sarasota County.

This is in response to what is highlighted in red in the above quote.

Professional ethics deals with behaviors that are relevant to a profession. For example, an allegation that a captain (Ron Locke) had sex with an underaged juvenile female is ethically relevant to the law enforcement profession. Mr. Knight took what he thought was an easier decision to avoid responsibility, transfer blame, hide behind rationalizations and his refusal to stand up for what’s right. Many of us are aware of Mr. Knight's refusal to uphold ethics in his unprofessional decision-making and he needs to be removed from the office of sheriff in Sarasota County.

Perception is NOT always reality.

Arrow Re: Forced Resignations / Terminations

Knight is a used car salesman. He says what he has to say to get his way, just like any other used car salesman.

he's not done one thing to support us, except have hoffman and marshall spend a year looking at new health plans, only to cave to the commissioners and get our old plan back. How much did we spend on their salaries to research that bag of BS?
    $258,000

I too was in favor of Mr. Tom Knight (in the beginning), but now I see that he's a typical "politician" i.e. Tom Knight will say whatever is necessary to whoever is listening to get your support.
    When Knight started openly belittling employees, especially at in-service training, his real persona became evident to everyone.

Even worse, Mr. Tom Knight has given complete operational control of the agency to Kurt Hoffman and Steve Burns.
    Knight works bankers hours and does not want to be bothered with the job. Knight has never worked in an operational staff position. He's clueless and he has to be spoon fed. He takes whatever Burns and Hoffman say like a newborn hatching being fed. That's why no one has respect for him or his high paid henchmen.

Then there's Kurt Hoffman -- a complete outsider who has never worked in the trenches at the SSO, although he'll tell you that he did at CCSO. We hired him as an attorney and then he got Bill Balkwill to "swear him in" and now he's basically running the circus. First of all, the fact that Bill Balkwill is responsible for swearing him in should give you a clue of what's wrong with this picture. :roll:
    If you talk to Hoffman, he will tell you that he's the greatest LEO since sliced bread was invented. He's shriveled and stale.

Nothing has changed. In fact, the politics and cronyism is even worse now under Knight than under Balkwill. And its not getting better.
    That's your most accurate statement so far.

They had the support of the agency, but it's gone down the crapper, but they keep patting Tom Knight on the back telling him that everythings fine, just like Balkwills circus troop did. Dejeaveu!!!!
    That's your second most accurate statement.

Citizens don't know about any of this crap that we personally experience.
    Don't be so sure about that. Have you talked to plain Jane citizens lately???

Unhappy Re: Forced Resignations / Terminations

Quote Originally Posted by McKnightville II
    I too was in favor of Mr. Tom Knight (in the beginning), but now I see that he's a typical "politician" i.e. Tom Knight will say whatever is necessary to whoever is listening to get your support.
    When Knight started openly belittling employees, especially at in-service training, his real persona became evident to everyone.
    Knight was an outsider who didn't know any of us from Adam, yet he was openly ridiculing us in public after we asked questions during his Q&A session. He still doesn't know any of us from Adam. Every management book says to praise in public and criticize in public, but Knight feels comfortable enough to be condescending to any SSO employee who receives an SSO paycheck. Only a jackass would openly criticize multiple employees. :roll: And there's your answer. The man is a jackass. :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by jackass
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnightville II
    Knight was an outsider who didn't know any of us from Adam, yet he was openly ridiculing us in public after we asked questions during his Q&A session. He still doesn't know any of us from Adam. Every management book says to praise in public and criticize in public, but Knight feels comfortable enough to be condescending to any SSO employee who receives an SSO paycheck. Only a jackass would openly criticize multiple employees. :roll: And there's your answer. The man is a jackass. :shock:
    Not sure which Mgmt book you read, but I've never saw one that said you should criticize employee's in public.......every one I ever read said that needs to be done in private

No one here is gonna go against Sheriff Knight. Those that were terminated deserved it. But I hear things may get veddy veddy interesting soon. :devil:

Banned LEO Affairs Corporal

[quote=RICHARD ****]
    Quote Originally Posted by "no logic":3hh7e320

BECAUSE AS BAD AS IT LOOKS, IT AINT OVER.[/quote:3hh7e320]

When are you Leo's going to learn that what applies to one applies to all? When the top tolerate crime unrelated to you, expect them to eventually tolerate crime that touches you. As a corollary, when the cronies, like Major Hoffman, are favored and the honest not, you have an unpleasant, unproductive situation that needs correction. Good Leo's, you've known this since Knight took office, so why don't the honest coalesce in a manner that doesn't threaten your jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sherin
    When are you Leo's going to learn that what applies to one applies to all? When the top tolerate crime unrelated to you, expect them to eventually tolerate crime that touches you. As a corollary, when the cronies, like Major Hoffman, are favored and the honest not, you have an unpleasant, unproductive situation that needs correction. Good Leo's, you've known this since Knight took office, so why don't the honest coalesce in a manner that doesn't threaten your jobs.
    I told myself that if Bob Sherin started making multiple gobbledegook posts again, then I would not reply to any of them. However, the above post actually makes sense. Surprisingly. :shock:

Ok Bob, so if you were a deputy, exactly what would you do? Let's hear it.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast