No Back Up - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Back Up

Re: No Back Up

There have been several of the *same exact reasons* why GEE will not make a all out push to hire & train the 300 open deputy slots ASAP! To me, I strongly believe that Gee has the "Green Light" from the BOCC to hire & fill these vacant deputy slots and that Gee has had this permission for a long time.

The reason that Gee has not filled these slots at first chance (told to me by a source equivalent to the Fly on The Wall in Gee's personal office) is that he has specifically instructed his Command Staff to use this extra funding to help pay for the pay raises and equipment purchases over the years. Some folks are mind bent on thinking that Gee is forbidded by law or policy from being able to divert this funding toward whereever he pleases, because thats exactly what he has done.

This is why we so often hear many deputies claim that they are willing to do the work of two deputies, just as long as they get the pay raise Gee has informed everybody of. Gee is like a little kid in a Toy Store when it comes time to shop & purchase all this high dollar equipment surrounding the place. He got a taste of shopping for & bringing home some of these high dollar toys and it has become addicting for him.

Ultimately, things can't continue on like this much longer before our LUCK runs dry and somebody does end up in the Hospital or the Morgue, or possibly a incident that combines both

Quote Originally Posted by link please
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest

They have done nothing but foster contempt for their leadership style. Every single deputy on my squad has serious and legitimate complaints about working here; most will leave when the opportunity comes, and some can't leave because they have been here too long. HCSO has become the two-year training option for deputies to get certified and experienced, then leave to go to an agency that values its deputies and fights crime with adequate staffing and a positive family atmosphere.
    Im sure its not a secret, can you please name this agency so I can look at all the positive comments on their board? Ive looked around LEO affairs and all I see is *****ing and moaning from typical cops.
    Leo affairs is the ***** board. Nothing positive here

Quote Originally Posted by link please

They have done nothing but foster contempt for their leadership style. Every single deputy on my squad has serious and legitimate complaints about working here; most will leave when the opportunity comes, and some can't leave because they have been here too long. HCSO has become the two-year training option for deputies to get certified and experienced, then leave to go to an agency that values its deputies and fights crime with adequate staffing and a positive family atmosphere.
    Im sure its not a secret, can you please name this agency so I can look at all the positive comments on their board? Ive looked around LEO affairs and all I see is *****ing and moaning from typical cops.
    Leo affairs is the ***** board. Nothing positive here
    And thats where you are wrong, as the incredibly "Positive" thing about this website board is the fact that Leo's, particularly ones that Work at agencies like HCSO, have a place to anonymously "VENT" without the almost definate reprisal by leaders such as Sheriff David Gee and Chief Deputy Jose Docobo as they have done in the past. Maybe if they didn't basically have a "closed door policy" in affect at HCSO, along with "Do as I say or else" attitudes, Deputies & Supervisors would be able to speak openly to this Duo as well as some other complete " JACKASS" Gee Staff members like Lieutenant Tewmey for one prime example. One last thing that directly increases the amount of negative tone & topic related posts, is the fact that a incredible lack of communication between the Gee Staff and the "boots on the ground" personnel already exists. So when the vast majority of what little communication there is, is usually nothing but NEGATIVE, it creates a atmosphere of the same.

300 unfilled positions is sad indeed. Unfortunately, it probably will take someone wearing a star to get seriously injured or killed before the media would even think of covering the manpower issues there today. That said, HCSO has always been short staffed. Back when I worked Charlie night shift there was many a many shifts when the early cars went x102, to include the supervisors, there was just me and one other deputy to cover from the Alafia River south. Stay Safe guys and gals!

Fully staffed at night is 6 deputies south of the Alafia... no where near enough to handle the explosive population increase in District IV.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12