Tensions high between black and white officers?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Tensions high between black and white officers?

http://www.tampabay.com/news/localgo...police/2169873

ST. PETERSBURG — The decades-old strain between the black community and the Police Department has permeated the agency's rank-and-file.

The tension was high late Tuesday as 125 black police officers, city activists and clergy members met behind closed doors at Mount Zion Progressive Missionary Baptist Church to discuss widespread racial turmoil.

The group wants police promotions planned for next month halted and an outside agency to investigate the department's inequities against black officers.

Re: Tensions high between black and white officers?

Is it 125 officers or 125 people all together? Obvious vagueness by Puente.

Please paste the whole article before it gets "edited" and changed!

Ok if it is so unfair then why about all the rank jumping to chief and so on that happened in the past ?... I love you all but please... Let's not get out of hand... Let the selection at out.. Give Krysman a chance .

Ok if it is so unfair then why about all the rank jumping to chief and so on that happened in the past ?... I love you all but please... Let's not get out of hand... Let the selection at out.. Give Krysman a chance.

Or what about

,,,,,,so what would a secret meeting of only white officers be called?....i thought that there is a strict policy about bringing internal departmental issues to the mayor's office, and must be addressed via chain of command?.....i got some issues too, calling the mayor tomorrow my self....precedence has been set

There is no race tension between black or white officers.. There is only tension I regards to sgt on up who cry afoul that the process is t fair.. When you feel your loosing you throw the race card as a last resort. I'm disappointed and sick at people I considered mentors....

WHOEVER is attempting to create this nonexistent "tension" should be ashamed. Sick, twisted, non deserving of any ounce of respect whoever you may be. You're trying to create problems in an an environment where people are trying their hardest to move on from the "good ole boy" system. That includes black officers and white officers by the way, who are attempting to make this agency something it's never been. Racist....you are.

You would never know there was this problem from working at the PD. Nothing has ever been said and there has been nothing to indicate there is this tension.... Is it being made up to satisfy someones agenda to influence the hiring of the police chief. They did this after the hiring of Curtsinger. They had the African American Acting City Manager fire Curtsinger because he and Davis did not get along. Now they are beginning round 2. When will it ever stop.....

Question Re: Tensions high between black and white officers?

I Was shocked to see the article there is no race tension between any white or black officers on the department.. A secret meeting ?... Only with those in charge... A certain sgt crying afoul... Wow.. And not every black officer was invited. Only certain ones .. It seems the black community is threatening the mayor.." We elected you.. " and so and so... This is rediculas .. A secret meeting ..I'm totally shocked I have lost respect for all I thought were good honest working Leo's and some of you I considered a mentor ...she will it be about all of st pete and not a certai section i joined to serve my community not tarnish and hate it.. I joined to help blacks , whites and all races... As a veteran officer I have lost my faith ...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast