Hello all,

I'm already state certified, and would like to maintain my standards and get back on the road a bit too. I'm currently a Federal Officer, but was a Deputy for 4 years, and with FWC for 3 years. My certs expire in about 18 months, so I need to get the ball rolling soon. Although I would still be interested in an Aux slot, I feel being a reserve would be more up my alley. I've got a fair amount of experience, having completed every FDLE advanced course offered, and would be able to contribute significantly more being able to work independently. Sig 4s, 10-50s, and DUIs are no issue for me at all. Working a THI is another story, and I would defer to the FHP experts on that one.

My question is what additional training would be required of me to obtain a reserve slot? I understand that high liability training is a must, but do all reserves have to complete the 320hr Aux Course as well?? I would think being state certified with 7 years prior experience would allow an officer to bypass the Aux Course and jump right into the high liability portion.

Any information or comments would be most appreciative. Thanks everyone, and be safe.

FHP Wanne Be (reserve that is)