Employment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Employment

Employment

I'm think of transferring to HCSO. How's the pay? How does the Sheriff and his admin treat deputies? Do you work 8's or 12's...what's the start time? Is there a fair promotion proses?

Thanks

Re: Employment

... Save yourself a lifetime of grief and try to get on with TPD

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    fair promotion proses?
    Are you trying to make yourself sound as if you have an English accent on a message board?
    :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I'm think of transferring to HCSO. How's the pay? How does the Sheriff and his admin treat deputies? Do you work 8's or 12's...what's the start time? Is there a fair promotion proses?

Thanks
    Honestly my man, if you really need to ask with all the information you might need at your fingertips on this HCSO forum page you are posting on, PLEASE go someplace else. We already have a over abundance of people with zero common sense and don't need anymore. You would have to be a blind monkey not to figure out just how badly this office sucks right now.

For those that think that this mentality is only limited to a few disgruntled people, all anyone has to do to discount that belief is to actually go around and speak with the deputies on the front lines. Some of us were also working here prior to the sheriff Gee appointment disaster and although things may not have been perfect back then, at least you knew where you stood with the previous administration, unlike the current Russian Roulette method used by sheriff Gee and his mindless sidekick Docobo.

I would not ever advise anyone to apply at HCSO. They love to disqualify people for any reason and this now ruins your chances elsewhere. Most agencies ask if you have been turned down somewhere, and if you tell them yes then they don't want to waste their time on you either.

That is why HCSO can't find deputies. If you farted in Walmart your disqualified. Go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by usetobe
    I would not ever advise anyone to apply at HCSO. They love to disqualify people for any reason and this now ruins your chances elsewhere. Most agencies ask if you have been turned down somewhere, and if you tell them yes then they don't want to waste their time on you either.

That is why HCSO can't find deputies. If you farted in Walmart your disqualified. Go elsewhere.
    Another really good point. You see, HCSO staffers as a whole have a tendency to portray themselves as THEE ONLY law enforcement agency that anyone should or is applying for. The consequences of their one way thinking and utterly ridiculous standards they require of potential recruits, is that they take a applicant that would be perfectly suitable for hire at nearly any agency, except HCSO....and cause them to now falsely appear inadequate for the position of LEO when other agencies ask them if they were denied employment elsewhere. It's just like saying you were denied credit elsewhere, which puts a black flag next to your name & SS number. This is all fine if there was a valid, across the hiring field reason that caused you to be passed over & denied employment. The problem is when one of the many unrealistic technicalities that HCSO uses to unfairly deny you employment, results in a domino affect on other agencies considering you for employment.

So are you saying that because you were turned down with HCSO, you are unable to get hired at other agencies?

This is such BS. I can't believe you even posted that statement.

Other agencies know that law enforcement jobs are in great demand. Almost all agencies like TPD, HCSO, Pinellas, Pasco have hundreds of applicants for a few positions. They know if you got turned down by one does not mean you are not a fit for another.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe

Other agencies know that law enforcement jobs are in great demand. Almost all agencies like TPD, HCSO, Pinellas, Pasco have hundreds of applicants for a few positions. They know if you got turned down by one does not mean you are not a fit for another.

Like you stated "agencies have hundreds of applicants for a few positions", so they don't want to waste time on someone who has been turned down elsewhere. Those are your words. Maybe in the case of TPD or other nearby agencies that are aware of how HCSO treats applicants, you might be able to slide by, but it is not a feather in your cap for sure. Now I'm not saying some people shouldn't be disqualified but not for minor incidents that happened years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe

How about an example of how this hurt a good applicant?

Like you stated "agencies have hundreds of applicants for a few positions", so they don't want to waste time on someone who has been turned down elsewhere. Those are your words. Maybe in the case of TPD or other nearby agencies that are aware of how HCSO treats applicants, you might be able to slide by, but it is not a feather in your cap for sure. Now I'm not saying some people shouldn't be disqualified but not for minor incidents that happened years ago.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast