Employment - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Employment

Re: Employment

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I just find it odd that HCSO cries about how short they are, but wash people out when they apply. Or; making experienced certified officers re-do the HCSO academy. What a complete waste of time and money.
    In addition to their ludicrous & costly hiring process, they have also caused almost all of the Sheriff Office's Veteran personnel to leave or retire early. Most sections at the office are now staffed with personnel without the years of experience to replace all the departed vets. The whole plan now in place at the office will soon backfire on David Gee. Then he will try to blame someone else. Just watch what happens in the near future, because it's going to be ugly.

Yeah but you forget HCSO gets two ID cards just like the FBI. That makes it worth applying.

Actually three if you count the Commission Card.

Speaking of the ridiculously large FBI sized credentials with the dime sized sheriff's badge inside, does anybody know a method or place to make the current creds smaller? The current creds & wallet holder are way too big for practical everyday carry, yet a necessity to have with you if you are CCF as directed. With warmer weather coming on and the typical dress code being shorts & Florida casual, it would sure be nice to have a more practical sized creds & holder. Any ideas or info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Speaking of the ridiculously large FBI sized credentials with the dime sized sheriff's badge inside, does anybody know a method or place to make the current creds smaller? The current creds & wallet holder are way too big for practical everyday carry, yet a necessity to have with you if you are CCF as directed. With warmer weather coming on and the typical dress code being shorts & Florida casual, it would sure be nice to have a more practical sized creds & holder. Any ideas or info would be appreciated. Thanks.
    The main credentials are way too big to carry, so I leave it in the car. I have the picture ID that gets us into all the doors in a wallet with a full size badge.

I remember a while back myself and another deputy were off duty and observed a physical domestic happening in a parking lot. We went over to break it up and he pulled out his giant credential wallet with the tiny badge, and the male half of the 38 didn't believe we were cops because the badge was so tiny. So that further enraged him until I pulled out my wallet with the full size badge.

Believe it or not at one time everyone wanted the small star. They were given to detectives and stopped giving them out in the 80's. Everyone wanted one as they were easier to carry and felt better when you were sitting.

So Gee gave everyone a small star when he made Sheriff. Seems like you can not please everyone.

And yes, the credential's are a joke. But them so is the huge HR 218 card he gives us.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    Believe it or not at one time everyone wanted the small star. They were given to detectives and stopped giving them out in the 80's. Everyone wanted one as they were easier to carry and felt better when you were sitting.

So Gee gave everyone a small star when he made Sheriff. Seems like you can not please everyone.

And yes, the credential's are a joke. But them so is the huge HR 218 card he gives us.
    He doesn't give YOU squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe

He has given you the "Master' rank that so many wanted.

He has also given you, at the urging of his colonels, the best equipment on the market.

His only fault is that he has left the agency in control of a person that has no people skills and is an authoritarian when it comes to management styles. Which makes those that have known him for years if he really cares about the Office and his employees.

[quote=Average Joe]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Average Joe":3ngihn9e

He has given you the "Master' rank that so many wanted.

He has also given you, at the urging of his colonels, the best equipment on the market.

His only fault is that he has left the agency in control of a person that has no people skills and is an authoritarian when it comes to management styles. Which makes those that have known him for years if he really cares about the Office and his employees.[/quote:3ngihn9e]

Some better equipment and pay are by far the only thing that Gee has done to enhance HCSO. Yes, there was the creation of "Master" & "Detective" ranks, but along with these came way too much BS in order to obtain & keep these ranks. Am I glad that they exist, yes, but the number one thing that should be looked at for potential candidates is their "Work Ethic" and a lot of "Common Sense", not whether they can pass a damn obstacle course! As far as the current credentials case & badge is concerned, I definitely feel that the case & creds are way too big for comfortable & practical carry and that the tiny sheriff's badge is a complete embarrassment to the office. If some specialty folks need a smaller badge for their job, then make it available in two different sizes. The fact that the office cannot even issue a practical sized badge & credentials case to it's Deputies, very much sums up the total lack of common sense by the present Gee Administration.

I too agree with "Average Joe" that Gee's Chief Deputy selection of Docobo and his failure to take any action to remove this non-people oriented & tyrant acting Chief Deputy during all his years as Sheriff, has cost Gee the respect and confidence of many of his once loyal supporters, including myself. To me however, the ultimate insult by Sheriff Gee has been his careless absence in the field. I'm sorry, but when you don't care enough to stop by and visit your own Deputies & Civilian employees for countless years, you are one poor leader.

Be safe you all.....

To answer your question, just look at how many very qualified and dedicated employees have left HCSO in the last few years and continue to do so......go somewhere else and save yourself the hassle...it is sadly not the agency it used to be....go to TPD, you will be treated far better.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast