"12 Years A Slave"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"12 Years A Slave"

Who knew they would name an Oscar winning Movie after Florida State Employees.

Jeb Bush was sworn in 1999. Well maybe it should have been called "15 Years a Slave"!

Re: "12 Years A Slave"

Why take a sot at Jeb? He treated us great. We got special risk back, a pay raise EVERY year plus a 1200.00 bonus on top of a 4.5% PAY RAISE. He actually was going to allo DROP to be extended for 7 years rather than 5 years. What do you want? Then when Charlie got elected the economy tanked and then we got dirty ****. He is the one that has enslaved us.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

Jeb Bush was sworn in 1999. Well maybe it should have been called "15 Years a Slave"!
    Let me ask you something ! Did you vote to do away with the PBA as your bargaining unit and vote for the Teamsters instead ? I ask this because if you did, your dumb Azz enslaved yourself ! I'm gonna guess that you did and your liberal dumb butt is now gonna vote for another Democarat (or whatever he is - I don't think he even knows). I'm no fan of the "**** head" either, but I'm smart enough to know that there are now more serious issues facing us, than just the Govenment of Florida. Voting in another liberal will not help us nationally!
    Your Jeb Bush, jabs are uncalled for! He's the first Governor that actully helped our Officers. I worked though numerous Govs and he's the only one that did anything for us.

You S.O.B.'s are full of sh!tZ! Jeb, Pot Smoking Jeb, with Tax Stealing Wife MeXican immigrant wife, prescription drug abusing daughter (no it was cocaine in treatment) who ....Cut State Government by 25%.... and your JOBS, YOUR WAGES, YOUR PENSIONS, you Status as a ....HUMAN BEING....(AKA SLAVE) HAS been guaranteed take away by every other REPUPLICAN GOVERNOR and REPUPUPLICAN LEGISLATURE each year following. See I is a slave I cant write or spell any more. We shall not overcome......at least not in the dumb azz state of florida.

Jeb Bush increased the high risk pension rate to 3% and made it retroactive for those still working. That was a big increase in pension benefits for LEOs. He was also pushing for a "20 and out" retirement option but the bill did not pass. Jeb Bush was the best friend LEOs ever had in a governor. Charlie Crist is the worst because he cut taxes via Amendment One which cut pay and raises for LEOs statewide. Now he claims to be a friend of LEOs but he has lost all credibility.

YOUR A SLAVE TO YOUR IGNORANCE!

© St. Petersburg Times, published July 11, 2000

TALLAHASSEE -- Florida state government should come up with a plan to shrink by 25 percent over the next five years, Gov. Jeb Bush said Monday.

"My hope is that we'll have a smaller government in terms of work force, but a better government," Bush told reporters.

State government has more than 153,000 positions, not counting people who work for the Legislature, approved for the current fiscal year.

The Tallahassee Democrat, which reported the proposed cuts Sunday, said Bush planned to send a directive to state agencies perhaps as early as next week.

In the directive, the Democrat reported, Bush warns "across the board reductions are not the sole means" to meet his goal.

He suggests the state could achieve the reductions he has in mind by dropping programs that are of lesser importance, shifting some programs to local governments or community organizations and privatizing some services.

"I do believe that state government does too many things, and some things we don't do well," he told reporters.

Meanwhile Monday, as Bush talked of future employee cuts, the state Corrections Department was preparing final plans to eliminate 1,569 positions at the agency in the next month. About 1,200 of the positions aren't filled, but 361 employees will be laid off.

Corrections Secretary Michael Moore will be at meetings in Sarasota on Wednesday and Thursday, giving agency officials around the state an overview of where cuts may be made. A likely target will be seven "service centers" around the state that the Corrections Department set up to provide administrative support to prisons and probation officers.

"Secretary Moore has stipulated that they will come from the administrative side of department, not from prison and probation officers," said agency spokesman C.J. Drake. "Our public safety mission, the most important mission we do, will not be jeopardized."

The Corrections Department has about 28,000 employees and a $1.6-billion budget. The cuts represent about $62.5-million of the budget, Drake said, and were mandated by the Legislature.

Bush's spokesman Justin Sayfie said the governor did not recommend an employee cut at the Corrections Department. In fact, the governor proposed an increase in corrections employees.

The Republican governor is, however, looking ahead to statewide cutting in the next fiscal year.

Bush wants the heads of executive agencies and the judicial branch to propose reducing the workforce by a quarter over the next five years, according to a memo by the top state Senate budget staffer.

Agencies also should propose how to figure out how to reduce general revenue spending next year by 5 percent to 8 percent. That would produce a saving of about $1.6-billion.

In the directive, he says "mission-critical services and activities" should be funded "to meet the optimum level of service" and that agencies should "prioritize" their activities and eliminate low priorities, the Tallahassee Democrat reported.

For instance, Bush said, he thinks the state should spend more of its environmental dollars on lakes and rivers and less on trying to buy land that's not in danger of development. The governor acknowledged that he didn't know what 25 percent of his own office he could do without.

Under state law, state agencies are supposed to submit their budget requests to the governor and the Legislature based on their independent judgment of what they need to do their jobs.

But state law allows the governor and lawmakers to direct agencies to develop "target" budgets in addition to a budget request that reflects what they actually need.

-- Times staff writer Diane Rado contributed to this repo

The difference between a "Slave" and a "State Employee" is that a State Employee's servitude is voluntary. Slaves didn't have a choice, you do. If you don't like being a State Employee, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. There's a line of thousands who would kill to take your place.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest28

The difference between a "Slave" and a "State Employee" is that a State Employee's servitude is voluntary. Slaves didn't have a choice, you do. If you don't like being a State Employee, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. There's a line of thousands who would kill to take your place.
    Slaves have a choice. State Employees have choices. Not to quit but to raise up against the Republican 'MASTERS' who live Fat, FAT, FAT off the cheap labor. Jeb with his cutting Government by 25% during a time of FLORIDA BOOM was the first REPUBLICAN SLAVE MASTER who SHACKLED the VAST MAJORITY of State Employees WHIPPING POST of being WORKING POOR for the rest of their lives. As far as 1000's waiting to take your place!!! Your right the 'MASTER' has a PRIVATE CONTRACTOR like GEO, SALVATION ARMY or CCA waiting in the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest28

Slaves have a choice. State Employees have choices. Not to quit but to raise up against the Republican 'MASTERS' who live Fat, FAT, FAT off the cheap labor. Jeb with his cutting Government by 25% during a time of FLORIDA BOOM was the first REPUBLICAN SLAVE MASTER who SHACKLED the VAST MAJORITY of State Employees WHIPPING POST of being WORKING POOR for the rest of their lives. As far as 1000's waiting to take your place!!! Your right the 'MASTER' has a PRIVATE CONTRACTOR like GEO, SALVATION ARMY or CCA waiting in the wings.
    Huh???????????????????????

Cutting government by 25& was a good thing because it allowed him to give us special risk, good pay raises, etc.. and the same time eliminated all the fat in Tally. You know, the bozo's that come up with all the great ideas like ISP's, new evals, rear entry, etc.. Jeb was the best governor we ever had! If you didn't like him you are a partisan hack and only rates people by R or D. I think dirty **** scott is the biggest POS I've ever seen, about even with the imbecile Obama.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast