12 hours shifts? Physical standards
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

12 hours shifts? Physical standards

Any word of FWC going to 12 hour shifts like FHP, SOs etc.

What type of shifts do you work now? 8/10? And what days off do you have?

I'm leaving an SO coming to FWC, cause your job is better than at the SO. Spare me the pay issues, my wife is a P.A. so I can afford to go play FWC until I retire.

Why did they reduce the physical requirement, that kept out many of the overweight people. Your going to get out of shape cops now.

Re: 12 hours shifts? Physical standards

Quote Originally Posted by DCSO

I'm leaving an SO coming to FWC, cause your job is better than at the SO. Spare me the pay issues, my wife is a P.A. so I can afford to go play FWC until I retire.

Why did they reduce the physical requirement, that kept out many of the overweight people. Your going to get out of shape cops now.
    You don't need$? You'll love it. Physical req was to get in, people get fat once here. It is a fun job come on.

Oh 5 8 hour shifts

Great…..more people joining the agency who don’t need money. How about finding another hobby besides “playing” FWC.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

Great…..more people joining the agency who don’t need money. How about finding another hobby besides “playing” FWC.
    The ones who don't need the money are here because they want to be. They are some of the best workers we have as opposed to all these "me" generation punks who want to get paid to do nothing.

The ones who don't need the money are here because they want to be. They are some of the best workers we have as opposed to all these "me" generation punks who want to get paid to do nothing.
    agreed

This place is turning into a joke more and more everyday. Nothing like lowering standards to let in the weak.

Quote Originally Posted by fwcjoke
    This place is turning into a joke more and more everyday. Nothing like lowering standards to let in the weak.
    Turning into a joke? I work with a bunch of lazy old farts. It can't have possibly been better back in the day with the laziness I see.

I enjoy eating at Golden Corral, IHOP, Waffle House, Burger King, Taco Bell, McDonald's, Dunkin' Donuts, KFC and Pizza Hut as often as I can. Glad to hear I will have plenty of company at the FWC with other fellow LEOs who enjoy their food. I also don't like to engage in strenuous activity so a laid back job is just the ticket. I an a few pounds overweight but that should not be a problem for me driving around in the woods. Money is secondary as long as I can chill out and coast under the radar. Looking forward to joining the FWC very soon.

Most all of us could run and chase people when we were young and inexperienced, then most of us learned how to handle people intellectually, first. Push up and sit ups don't alone measure effectiveness. You may be in the third stage of Rookiedom, "the I can't get promoted because all the old guys have the positions and I can run faster and jump higher than them". You've got a lot to learn son-you don't understand. Too much T and not any experience.

Quote Originally Posted by GrouperTrooper
    Most all of us could run and chase people when we were young and inexperienced, then most of us learned how to handle people intellectually, first. Push up and sit ups don't alone measure effectiveness. You may be in the third stage of Rookiedom, "the I can't get promoted because all the old guys have the positions and I can run faster and jump higher than them". You've got a lot to learn son-you don't understand. Too much T and not any experience.
    Too bad you are a "Groupertrooper". If you were in fact a real cop you may just learn how fast you can get your a$$ beat by being out of shape.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast