R U Hiring / Pay / Benefits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

R U Hiring / Pay / Benefits

I'm a Florida LEO and interested in your agency and in Orange County SO. I heard you just renewed a contract or signed a new one. Can someone please let me know if you are hiring and, if so, what your pay and benefits are? If you have any info so I can compare your pay and benefits against what the county has I'll buy you a beer (off duty). Also, what's it like to work for your agency (i.e moral, etc.). Thanks!

Re: R U Hiring / Pay / Benefits

Yes we are hiring. The pay and benfits of OPD doesnt evenly compare to the OCSO. We are a private pension, but contribute about 9 percent, but its well worth it(20 and 70 25 and 80 with 3 year backward drop).Both are great agencies work wise, but OPD has much better morale, pay and benefits right now. For our brothers in green i certainly wish it wasnt like that, but for right now it is, to do the same job.

We did just switch chiefs, however both the outgoing and the incoming have been great for the agency. If you are going to apply u will need to do it soon as spots are highly competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by G G G
    Yes we are hiring. The pay and benfits of OPD doesnt evenly compare to the OCSO. We are a private pension, but contribute about 9 percent, but its well worth it(20 and 70 25 and 80 with 3 year backward drop).Both are great agencies work wise, but OPD has much better morale, pay and benefits right now. For our brothers in green i certainly wish it wasnt like that, but for right now it is, to do the same job.

We did just switch chiefs, however both the outgoing and the incoming have been great for the agency. If you are going to apply u will need to do it soon as spots are highly competitive.
    Thanks for the info. Wow, sounds like you have a 3.5% multiplier for your pension. Incredible! I wish DROP was more than 3 years, but at least you have it. Yep, I'd probably opt for your retirement plan over the FRS even though FRS offers a longer DROP period.

Let me ask you, you mentioned 20 years at 70% which is a 3.5% multiplier, and then you said 25 years at 80%. Is the 25 and 80 for your agency or for the county? If it's for yours, then your multiplier drops from 3.5% to 2.0% if you stay the extra 5 years (from 20 to 25). If it's the county, then the entire multiplier is 3.2%.

thanks!

[quote=LEO Applicant]
    Quote Originally Posted by "G G G":3ukz235u

Thanks for the info. Wow, sounds like you have a 3.5% multiplier for your pension. Incredible! I wish DROP was more than 3 years, but at least you have it. Yep, I'd probably opt for your retirement plan over the FRS even though FRS offers a longer DROP period.

Let me ask you, you mentioned 20 years at 70% which is a 3.5% multiplier, and then you said 25 years at 80%. Is the 25 and 80 for your agency or for the county? If it's for yours, then your multiplier drops from 3.5% to 2.0% if you stay the extra 5 years (from 20 to 25). If it's the county, then the entire multiplier is 3.2%.

thanks![/quote:3ukz235u]

25 @ 80% is OPD, yes the multiplier drops to 2% for years 20-25. There is no age requirement to retire, our pension is strong and overall when you look at our benefits we're one of the best agencies in the Southeastern United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    25 @ 80% is OPD, yes the multiplier drops to 2% for years 20-25. There is no age requirement to retire, our pension is strong and overall when you look at our benefits we're one of the best agencies in the Southeastern United States.
    Man, that's a great multiplier (3.5%) for years 0-20, I am surprised that they penalize you for staying longer though. Maybe their idea of an incentive to help get you out the door for upward mobility. 70 at 20 or 80 at 25...either way you look at it it's good! Congrats, that's rare!

Unregistered
    What is the start pay for a LEO with 4 years experience.

Thank you.

Unregistered
    Everyone starts at starting pay no matter experience

Unregistered

Tampa Police

Check out TPD. We have what you are looking for including a five year drop.

Unregistered
    Check out the Tampa Police. We have a much better deal and a five year drop.

Unregistered
    Can someone tell me if the hiring requirements (physical test, civil service exam, etc) are the same for Leo with prior experience and non-certified. Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast