Death Threat Against FHP Trooper - FHP Not Willing To Invest - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who cares, I do the "Ferguson Effect" which means I do as little as possible :-)
    All of the big mouth ones that come on here spouting off and post stuff like they were there or know something about the criminal case from Miami that F D L E is handling will care if F D L E follows up on those posts or tracks down the IP addresses to determine whether they have information related to the case.

Get yourself involved if you want.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Important to remember this site (under new management) will probably not be able to, nor have any interest in, attempting to protect it's users identity (IP addresses at a minimum) should the user be posting information and views related to an ongoing criminal investigation, since such a criminal investigation would make obtaining a search warrant for data logs extremely easy, thus allowing identification of additional possible parties who may have information related to the crime.

Of course, that information would ultimately be available to all agencies after the criminal investigation, such as FHP as well.

Govern yourselves accordingly
    That is EXCELLENT advice and I hope everyone heeds it. Also, the TOR browser is an excellent way to protect your identity (https://www.torproject.org/).

http://www.policeone.com/Officer-Saf...-ticketed-him/

Man arrested for Facebook threat against cop who ticketed him
    Man allegedly posted the threatening message on Officer Michael Strickland's timeline shortly after being ticketed

May 30, 2016

Associated Press

MCHENRY, Miss. — Authorities say they've arrested a Mississippi man accused of using Facebook to threaten a state marine patrol officer who had ticketed him for careless driving and driving without proof of insurance.

The sheriff's office says Joey Jason Holliman of Jackson County was released on $2,500 bond after his arrest on a charge of cyberstalking.

Department of Marine Resources spokeswoman Melissa Scallan says Holliman allegedly posted the threatening message on Officer Michael Strickland's timeline shortly after being ticketed Wednesday.

The department's marine patrol chief, Keith Davis, says Holliman was arrested Thursday night at his home in McHenry.

Holliman could not be reached for comment Sunday because he does not have a listed phone number.

Unregistered

Tor DOESN'T help

Quote Originally Posted by chipdeblock View Post
    That is EXCELLENT advice and I hope everyone heeds it. Also, the TOR browser is an excellent way to protect your identity (https://www.torproject.org/).
    You do realize that even the ACLU has proof from court documents that TOR is no longer safe from law enforcement or court warrants, and anything online can be tracked, despite one's best efforts.

Example:
    https://twitter.com/csoghoian/status/714638979098763264

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2...-to-ar/?latest

Facebook threat about 'butchering' officers leads to arrest of Arkansas man

By Dave Hughes

This article was originally published June 9, 2016 at 5:41 a.m. Updated June 9, 2016 at 12:19 p.m.

A Camden man was arrested Wednesday, accused of threatening to kill police after seeing an Ouachita County sheriff's office's Facebook request to turn in fathers who aren't paying child support.

Camden police Sgt. Ben Opelt said Damon Zane Briscoe, 29, was booked into the county jail around noon on a charge of terroristic threatening.

The county jail roster on the jail's website showed he was being held without bail on the terroristic threatening charge and two counts of failure to appear. His court date was listed as July 6.

Opelt said Briscoe, under the Facebook name Zane Merritt, posted a profanity-laced message Tuesday criticizing the sheriff's office's program called Operation Father's Day and calling law enforcement officers "scumbags."

The posting threatened to "level the playing field and start running up in these pigs' houses and butchering them in front of their families," according to Opert, who read a copy of the posting that had been removed from Briscoe's Facebook page.

Briscoe was not among those included in photos that were part of the sheriff's office's post regarding Operation Father's Day.

Despite the alias on the Facebook page, Opert said, officers knew who Briscoe was because, among other things, his photo was on the page.

The police department received a phone call from Briscoe's employer who said he planned to fire Briscoe over the Facebook posting and wanted police there in case there was trouble, Opert said.

Opert said police decided to pre-empt any possible trouble at his job and arrest Briscoe before work. Several officers went to his home about 8:30 a.m. and arrested him without incident, he said.

"Once the chief and everyone got here, we met and set the plan in motion," Opert said. "It's not something we take lightly here."

The sheriff's office Facebook page displayed photos of 21 men listed as "Wanted Person Outstanding Child Support" under the heading of Operation Father's Day.

"With Father's Day soon approaching, the Ouachita County Sheriff's Department will actively be searching for fathers that have failed to pay child support to their children. Anyone with any information on these subjects is asked to contact the Ouachita County Sheriff's Department (870) 231-5300," the page read.

The Facebook site also included another page called Operation Mommy Roundup with Wanted Person posters on three women that were similar to the men's posters.

The page said because of the "great success of Operation Father's Day," the sheriff's office asked people to help locate the three women listed on the page.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/n...life/86233562/

Sheriff says Facebook post is a threat to his life

Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger 7:55 a.m. CDT June 23, 2016

Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson said in a day and age when police officers around the country have been executed at gas stations and in coffee shops, he's not going to take threats lightly.

The most recent one came after a Tupelo police officer fatally shot Antwun Shumpert, 37, who allegedly wounded the officer and his K9 in a struggle. It was the second police-involved shooting in Tupelo in June.

A Facebook user known as April White posted a link to an article on the shooting that stated, "So bc a mf is whoopin you and ya b**** a** dog's a** you were forced to fatally kill him? Man GTFOH!! Jim Johnson u need to die!!!!! And your whole mf crooked a** squad!"

"I took it as a personal threat on my life," Johnson said. "I understand people get upset and say things they may not deliberately mean, but you have to take responsibility for what you say, and take into consideration the way it’s perceived. The way I looked at it and the incident she’s talking about, I had nothing to do with it. She has singled me out by name and she’s so aggravated she brought me into it for no reason, and I don’t know what she’s capable of."

Johnson said he plans to have White arrested and prosecuted. He said the district attorney is willing to press cyber threat charges and the paperwork is filled out. Once the warrant is signed by a judicial officer, they will begin the search, he said. If she is in another state, they will send her information to that state and when she is picked up on the felony warrant, Lee County will extradite, Johnson said.

White has two pages under her name and has posted several rants against police and race-tinged posts aimed at white people. Johnson said there's a difference between freedom of speech and making threats.

"You start voicing your freedom of speech, it’s fine to disagree or say they shouldn’t have shot him or should have used another means, but to put another individual that had nothing to do with it, and then wish death upon them, to me that’s where your first amendment has been stretched," he said.

In fact, Johnson says he's never even met White. He said it's not necessarily whether White, who claims to be in Wisconsin, plans to do something herself, but that her words could encourage others.

"Clearly she knows who I am, what I do, where I'm at, that I'm the sheriff of the county where this situation took place, so she knows a lot more about me than I do about her," he said. "How do I know somebody else with the same thoughts doesn’t pick up that and say, 'I'm going to make April's dreams come true?' I don’t know who she’s affiliated with, I don't know why this lady would say what she said about me."

Other users posted on White's page, supporting her and backing her for her comments. That's also bothersome, Johnson said. He and his family already take safety measures wherever they go because of the growing threat against law enforcement officers. There's no "off-duty" when it comes to safety, he said.

"It used to be that officers died in the line of duty because of an initiated threat, but now you can be doing everyday things and you're a sitting duck," Johnson said. "This is a prime example, I had nothing to do with that situation. I was out of town, I was on the Gulf Coast when it happened, and these are the thoughts this woman had against me just because of my profession. That’s where it elevates it to a threat, this is more than just somebody saying something."

The Clarion-Ledger has reached out to White for comment through Facebook. So far she has not replied.

"To say that about a complete stranger, that you’ve never met their family had no dealings with them? And that’s the first way I meet this woman is that she wishes I’m dead," Johnson said.

"She’s not got any relationship with the sheriff’s department and certainly not me personally. Looking back at her Facebook page, she’s pretty vocal in her opinion on law enforcement and how they treat the general public, with that said it looks like there’s some issue there," he said. "To incorporate me and my office into that for no reason, we can’t sit back and take threats of this nature in the days we’re living in now. The warning signs, almost every time something major happens, we go back and look and find out and some threat has been made."

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...st_police.html

Facebook threat against police lands Edgard man in jail

By Littice Bacon-Blood, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
    Email the author | Follow on Twitter
    on July 20, 2016 at 11:40 AM, updated July 20, 2016 at 12:33 PM

An Edgard man has been arrested and jailed after St. Charles Parish Sheriff's investigators say he posted a threatening message against deputies on Facebook. The post said in part that "cops in St. Charles are goin to be next," ostensibly in reference to the recent killings of police officers in Baton Rouge and Dallas.

"I hope they kill every last 1 of them dirty b----ez," the post goes on to state, according to St. Charles authorities.

The suspect, identified by authorities as Victor Pablo, of 253 Amp Circle, was arrested without incident by St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff's deputies Tuesday (July 19) and transported to St. Charles parish jail. He has been booked with terrorizing and threatening a public official and is being held on a $25,000 bond.

Authorities were alerted to the post on Monday and began investigating it, St. Charles Sheriff's Office spokesman Capt. Pat Yoes said.

Because of the recent shooting attacks against police officers, St. Charles Sheriff Greg Champagne said the social media post was considered to be serious and dangerous.

"The Right to Free speech comes with certain responsibilities. Making threats in this volatile environment incites danger for law enforcement and the public," Champagne said in a news release about Pablo's arrest.

Authorities say several weapons were found at Pablo's house.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story...ught/87414642/

Update: Suspect arrested for threatening Caddo Sheriff

Miles Jay Oliver, The Shreveport Times 9:39 a.m. CDT July 22, 2016

Update, 9:45 p.m.:

Michael Dewayne Evans was arrested tonight by the U.S. Marshal's Task Force in Sacramento, California, and the Fairfield, California,

Police Department's Narcotics Unit. He was riding in a vehicle in Fairfield at the time of his arrest.

Evans is currently being booked into the Solano County Jail as a fugitive on the Caddo Sheriff's Office warrant.
    Original story:

Social media threats against Caddo Sheriff Steve Prator has detectives seeking Kansas City, Missouri resident Michael Dewayne Evans, 25, on charges of terrorizing.

Caddo Parish Sheriff’s detectives have obtained a warrant for the arrest of Evans who allegedly posted messages on Facebook threatening Prator's safety.

A $10 million bond has been set.

According to a Caddo Parish Sheriff's Office news release, in a July 20 post to Facebook, Evans who uses the name “Michael Undefined Breed Evans” on his social media page – wrote: “(Expletive) CCC Steve Prater need to be Tha top one when tha next list drop Flat line Tha ones who really need adjusting !!!We don’t need them (expletive) on our street say wit me!!! (Expletive) THA POLICE.”

Law enforcement believes he has ties to the Martin Luther King Jr. Road area in Shreveport. Officials say Evans has numerous felony arrests – including aggravated assault with a firearm – and should be considered armed and dangerous.

“Anytime you threaten someone in law enforcement, it will be taken very seriously by everyone in the judicial system,” Prator said in a news release. “Conduct like this won’t be taken lightly or tolerated especially in light of what we are seeing across the nation against our law enforcement officers.”

Anyone with information about Evans location is urged to contact the Caddo Sheriff’s Office at (318) 675-2170 or Caddo-Shreveport Crime Stoppers at (318) 673-7373.

Unregistered
    http://www.policeone.com/chiefs-sher...-police-chief/

Man detained in Twitter threat against San Francisco police chief

60-year-old Donald Hoganson was taken into custody Tuesday

Jul 20, 2016

Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO — A San Francisco official says a man who allegedly tweeted a threat against the department's acting police chief is in police custody.

Officer Carlos Manfredi says 60-year-old Donald Hoganson was taken into custody Tuesday.

Manfredi says police began investigating after a tweet posted Saturday called for beheading Chief Toney Chaplin, who is black, and included a photo of the chief beside a guillotine.

He says Hoganson was taken into custody after a judge approved a search warrant of the man's San Francisco home.

Manfredi says Hoganson has not been formally booked and that the investigation is ongoing.

Hoganson's Twitter account is filled with photographs of swastikas and messages about white supremacy.

http://www.policeone.com/investigati...police-online/

Norwegian man accused of threatening Maine police online

28-year-old Espen Brungodt was unarmed and offered no resistance when he was arrested at a Portland hotel Wednesday afternoon on federal charges

Aug 4, 2016

Associated Press

PORTLAND, Maine — Police in Maine's largest city have charged a Norwegian man with making threats against officers via email and Twitter.

City police say 28-year-old Espen Brungodt was unarmed and offered no resistance when he was arrested at a Portland hotel Wednesday afternoon on federal charges of transmitting threatening communications.

The Portland Press Herald reports that the threat came from someone who said it was "time for more police to die." The email sender threatened to "shoot and kill" officers.

Police treated the threats seriously. A parking garage was checked for explosives and a courthouse was evacuated.

Brungodt's hometown wasn't released. Police say he entered the U.S. through Boston on July 26 with family members, who were unaware of his threats.

There was no indication if he had a lawyer who could comment on the accusations.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast