Death Threat Against FHP Trooper - FHP Not Willing To Invest - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Death Threat Against FHP Trooper - FHP Not Willing To In

If a trooper received a death threat over the internet to any forum, blog or email, the FBI should have been contacted immediately. Let them call the shots and make sure that the appropriate steps are being taken to protect one of our own.

That's depressing to hear that you weren't even receiving a call back. If I don't call back an insurance agent on a god damn s4 I get counseled.

The nerve of our management... ****ing disgusting!

Hopefully they squash that scumbag.

Is this shocking to anyone?!?! The FHP brass are the laziest sons of *****es I have ever worked for. They have absolutely no concern about anyone working below them. This is a perfect example of why you don't take a job that pays a measly $36,000 a year. Great agencies don't pay like this, period!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

I received clarification from Mod 1 this evening that our contact with FHP last week regarding this offense was on Wed and Thu instead of on Tue and Wed. I'm posting this because I want our information to be as accurate as possible. Thanks!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by bspolice
    Quote Originally Posted by chipdeblock
    Amazingly I'm still waiting on that phone call from FHP...it was supposed to come in 5 minutes. Bill Smith was very clear to call him back within 30 minutes if FHP never called me...looks like I might be talking to Bill again real soon. He can lead FHP brass to water, but I don't think anyone can make them drink. I hope FHP brass prove me wrong...tick...tock
    This is totally crap. This was and is being looked at. A threat incident was Completed immediately upon discovery and sent off to the appropriate partIes. Tally was notified and others. Maybe if you guys got your facts together you would gain some credibility. Instead of always feeding the fire and increasing negativity you could be positive and promote the goods things all the real hard worKing men and women of the patrol do. This is certainly not the first threat that he had receive and all are looked as real and potentially credible . A mod had been contacted and was exchanged. Improper reporting of facts should be a violation of TOS. Great agency, great job. Bill should have made the right call to someone who could solve this problem instead of adding fuel to it. Instead of posting threats on this site call us we will act immediately.
    OK, I'll bite. I find it interesting that you are the only lone poster with your point of view. I challenge the accuracy of what you wrote above and suspect that's why you posted anonymously. You contend that a report was made and immediately forwarded to the appropriate parties and that this offense was being looked at. Really? You then question my credibility?

Since you're into truth, here's some for you: I don't know when a report was made and actually forwarded up to "Tally", but as a retired cop with 30 years experience I know it's a little hard to do an investigation without any identifying information (i.e. IP address) on the author. So what exactly were they investigating (because no one ever asked us for the IP address)? When I was contacted by Major Joe Lopez he relayed that our phone number was not forwarded with the complaint (a.k.a. report). Assuming this is true, that means that Captain Jacqueline Freeman dropped the ball. As a result the guys in BCII were looking online for the death threat but could not find it on our site, so I was told they figured it had been removed. If someone would have simply contacted us they would have learned that the threat was not on the message boards and that it was not viewable by the general public. Mod 1 not only left his telephone number but contact information for LEOAFFAIRS.COM and myself is readily available online.

I'd be more than happy to start being more positive and to stop "feeding the fire and increasing negativity" if FHP stopped producing so much information to the contrary. I am doing this because I do appreciate the hard working men and women of patrol and feel they deserve better. I also take Death Threats against troopers very seriously...apparently more seriously than you say your agency brass does. As for your request to stop posting threats on this site and to call you instead so you can act immediately...sorry, I hate going to police funerals and I make no apology.

Look, I'm glad I finally got a phone call and was asked to supply information that would enable someone to actually start an investigation, but my confidence level is still low and I won't rest until I see an arrest on this case. The truth may hurt, but somebody dropped the ball here...whether on the reporting side, investigation side or both...and there needs to be accountability so it does not happen again. If this trooper would have been (or is) shot by the BG a week after the threat was made when a novice investigator should have been able to prevent it, imagine what would happen.

One thing is for sure; if it wasn't for this forum, the Florida PBA and Bill Smith, I'd still be waiting for that phone call!

The brass didn't investigate because they are busy with the retirement section making sure their DROP account is getting $ and counting the days to draw it.

IF the facts are accurate, there was a verified threat, and FREEMAN failed to IMMEDIATELY contact superiors, IMO, she should have immediately been placed on non-paid leave pending termination without pension. Her reported alleged behavior in this situation would not seem to be new to anecdotal reports of her historical employment behavior pattern. Also, the FBI, FDLE, and the Governor's office should have been immediately notified by the ED of the alleged threat.

Quote Originally Posted by bspolice
    Amazingly I'm still waiting on that phone call from FHP...it was supposed to come in 5 minutes. Bill Smith was very clear to call him back within 30 minutes if FHP never called me...looks like I might be talking to Bill again real soon. He can lead FHP brass to water, but I don't think anyone can make them drink. I hope FHP brass prove me wrong...tick...tock
    This is totally crap. This was and is being looked at. A threat incident was Completed immediately upon discovery and sent off to the appropriate partIes. Tally was notified and others. Maybe if you guys got your facts together you would gain some credibility. Instead of always feeding the fire and increasing negativity you could be positive and promote the goods things all the real hard worKing men and women of the patrol do. This is certainly not the first threat that he had receive and all are looked as real and potentially credible . A mod had been contacted and was exchanged. Improper reporting of facts should be a violation of TOS. Great agency, great job. Bill should have made the right call to someone who could solve this problem instead of adding fuel to it. Instead of posting threats on this site call us we will act immediately.
    OK, I'll bite. I find it interesting that you are the only lone poster with your point of view. I challenge the accuracy of what you wrote above and suspect that's why you posted anonymously. You contend that a report was made and immediately forwarded to the appropriate parties and that this offense was being looked at. Really? You then question my credibility?

Since you're into truth, here's some for you: I don't know when a report was made and actually forwarded up to "Tally", but as a retired cop with 30 years experience I know it's a little hard to do an investigation without any identifying information (i.e. IP address) on the author. So what exactly were they investigating (because no one ever asked us for the IP address)? When I was contacted by Major Joe Lopez he relayed that our phone number was not forwarded with the complaint (a.k.a. report). Assuming this is true, that means that Captain Jacqueline Freeman dropped the ball. As a result the guys in BCII were looking online for the death threat but could not find it on our site, so I was told they figured it had been removed. If someone would have simply contacted us they would have learned that the threat was not on the message boards and that it was not viewable by the general public. Mod 1 not only left his telephone number but contact information for LEOAFFAIRS.COM and myself is readily available online.

I'd be more than happy to start being more positive and to stop "feeding the fire and increasing negativity" if FHP stopped producing so much information to the contrary. I am doing this because I do appreciate the hard working men and women of patrol and feel they deserve better. I also take Death Threats against troopers very seriously...apparently more seriously than you say your agency brass does. As for your request to stop posting threats on this site and to call you instead so you can act immediately...sorry, I hate going to police funerals and I make no apology.

Look, I'm glad I finally got a phone call and was asked to supply information that would enable someone to actually start an investigation, but my confidence level is still low and I won't rest until I see an arrest on this case. The truth may hurt, but somebody dropped the ball here...whether on the reporting side, investigation side or both...and there needs to be accountability so it does not happen again. If this trooper would have been (or is) shot by the BG a week after the threat was made when a novice investigator should have been able to prevent it, imagine what would happen.

One thing is for sure; if it wasn't for this forum, the Florida PBA and Bill Smith, I'd still be waiting for that phone call!

Quote Originally Posted by worried
    IF the facts are accurate, there was a verified threat, and FREEMAN failed to IMMEDIATELY contact superiors, IMO, she should have immediately been placed on non-paid leave pending termination without pension. Her reported alleged behavior in this situation would not seem to be new to anecdotal reports of her historical employment behavior pattern. Also, the FBI, FDLE, and the Governor's office should have been immediately notified by the ED of the alleged threat.
    If Freeman can't hit forward on an email and assign the task to someone else, chances are that nothing got done on her part.

Chip,

Please file a complaint with the IG's office.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast