Death Threat Against FHP Trooper - FHP Not Willing To Invest
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Death Threat Against FHP Trooper - FHP Not Willing To Invest

LEOAFFAIRS.COM has received a Death Threat against an FHP Trooper. On 02/18/14 (Tue) we contacted FHP to report this offense and on 02/19/14 (Wed) we spoke with FHP brass. We were instructed that the Criminal Investigations Division (Bureau of Criminal Investigations and Intelligence) would be contacting us, but we have not heard anything since. The threat that we received was in electronic written form and we have information on the author. Needless to say, it's been a week and we are concerned about the safety and welfare of this trooper. Thus, we are making attempts to contact him outside of contacting his agency. If anyone has any pull with FHP and would like to see this offender prosecuted, please get them to contact me. At this point I feel compelled to reach out to the Florida PBA and the FDLE for additional assistance.

Chip DeBlock, Co-Founder
    LEOAFFAIRS.COM
    (813) 760-2900 Cell

Florida PBA Saving the Day

After making the initial post I contacted the Florida PBA. Those guys don't play around. I was immediately connected with their FHP Chapter President Bill Smith (he's also an FHP Trooper) who jumped all over this. In just minutes I've already spoken with Bill 3 times and provided him with the name of the FHP supervisor who was supposed to have initiated the investigation. I am now waiting on a call from FHP that Bill Smith lined up for us. I will keep everyone posted.

Re: Death Threat Against FHP Trooper - FHP Not Willing To In

Amazingly I'm still waiting on that phone call from FHP...it was supposed to come in 5 minutes. Bill Smith was very clear to call him back within 30 minutes if FHP never called me...looks like I might be talking to Bill again real soon. He can lead FHP brass to water, but I don't think anyone can make them drink. I hope FHP brass prove me wrong...tick...tock

Sad thing is that if you called to say you had information on a Trooper that was speeding, that trooper would already have been disciplined.

Thank you for your persistence, I for one appreciate it!

Keep at it Chip. Keep us posted!

Well, Bill Smith is turning out to be my new best friend...

Sure enough, I had to call Bill back because I never heard anything from FHP brass despite Bill Smith's best efforts to have them call me. After our conversation he pledged to again plead with FHP to call me. As a result, I just got off the phone with FHP Captain Quenneville who was concerned enough to call. Although we did not go over the specifics of the threat or any identifying information on the author, he also promised to check and make sure FHP was in the process of following up on this investigation.

As soon as I hear from someone who is willing to hear/read the threat and investigate it I will let you know. You would think that if someone was threatening about a trooper being "SHOT" and that he should "DIE" it would get the attention of FHP brass. This is scary!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chipdeblock
    Amazingly I'm still waiting on that phone call from FHP...it was supposed to come in 5 minutes. Bill Smith was very clear to call him back within 30 minutes if FHP never called me...looks like I might be talking to Bill again real soon. He can lead FHP brass to water, but I don't think anyone can make them drink. I hope FHP brass prove me wrong...tick...tock
    This is totally crap. This was and is being looked at. A threat incident was Completed immediately upon discovery and sent off to the appropriate partIes. Tally was notified and others. Maybe if you guys got your facts together you would gain some credibility. Instead of always feeding the fire and increasing negativity you could be positive and promote the goods things all the real hard worKing men and women of the patrol do. This is certainly not the first threat that he had receive and all are looked as real and potentially credible . A mod had been contacted and was exchanged. Improper reporting of facts should be a violation of TOS. Great agency, great job. Bill should have made the right call to someone who could solve this problem instead of adding fuel to it. Instead of posting threats on this site call us we will act immediately.

Like someone already mentioned. It seems the only thing the brass cares about is to investigate Troopers but not their welfare. We are just garbage to them. I love this agency, but i can't stand the people running it now.

Thanks for the help Dale. The thing of it is, is that if this was truley under investigation, I would have think that Bill would have been told right off the bat, then someone would have called you to calm you down. But???????

Finally, on 02/25/14 (Tue) at 1628 hours I received an incoming call from Major Joe Lopez with the Bureau of Criminal Investigations and Intelligence (BCII). I returned his call at 1631 hours and, at 1701 hours, I sent him a email outlining all the details of the offense including referable leads. They now have everything they need in order to do an investigation (I even researched the owner of the IP address and supplied all their contact information as well).

Last week (on Wed, 02/19/14) our complaint about this felony offense went as high as FHP Captain Jacqueline Freeman who was supposed to refer this information to the BCII. I was told today that no telephone contact information was included with the complaint, so that's why they didn't call. Interestingly, Mod 1 received a call back from a Lieutenant (on Wed) twice after he spoke with Captain Freeman and left his number. Hmmm

Let's hope this information does not fall on deaf ears. I will keep my ears to the ground and update everyone here. Also, thanks to the Florida PBA and Bill Smith who were instrumental in making something happen in a timely manner. Bill just called me again to check up on the situation...great guy!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast