Death Threat Against FHP Trooper - FHP Not Willing To Invest - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Death Threat Against FHP Trooper - FHP Not Willing To In

I believe that chipdeblock did a great job reporting this incident and looking after us! I wish that FHP would do the same but I guess going after troopers for petty Bull-S is more important. I'm honestly not surprised that FHP gave him the run-around. It's pathetic what our agency has turned into.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by chipdeblock
    Yesterday I was interviewed by our local FOX affiliate, FOX 13, here in Tampa Bay. The interview centered on the story involving a death threat to Trooper Dan Cole and my belief that the author should be arrested. In fact, there was excitement and hope that the FOX 13 interview (or its pending airing) would motivate the powers that be to authorize a subpoena and ultimately an arrest in this case. Some in this forum have accused me of overreacting and others talk about the freedom of speech. I make no apologies for my position and it is shared by other LEOs whom I respect as well as by the PBA and I believe FHP. My bio on this website should speak for itself, in that I've had an incredible amount of experience over a 30 year career while working some of the most complicated and sensitive investigations my department has seen. There is plenty of justification for the issuance of a subpoena in this case and enough probable cause for an arrest. As for filing of charges by the SAO and conviction in court, those are separate issues not dependent on the first two. Freedom of speech is something I've built this website on and I understand it better than most. You are, however, ultimately responsible for what you say and the poster in this case is not immune from accountability because he chose to use this medium.
    I have an update and conclusion for you.

On 02/25/14 I posted in this forum about a Death Threat against an FHP Trooper received by LEOAFFAIRS.COM and problems we experienced with FHP conducting an investigation. After PBA Representative (and trooper) Bill Smith and the Florida PBA got involved, I was contacted by FHP Major Joe Lopez that same day and I submitted all investigative leads to him. When I became aware on 02/27/14 that FHP was having issues with getting authorization for a subpoena, I made good on my promise to publish the threat we received as well as applicable statutes and similar cases. On 03/04/14 I was interviewed by FOX 13 about this story and it aired on 03/05/14. I was also hopeful that exposure of this story would help create public awareness and support on the issue. As stated in my post on 02/26/14, I felt we should give FHP a chance to show they can complete this investigation in a timely manner and I am making this update because FHP has done just that.

According to the investigative report, the Pinellas County State Attorney’s Office authorized and issued a subpoena against the ISP. Through investigative efforts made by FHP, it was determined that the IP address attached to the threat belonged to an out-of-state residential customer. Thus, an out-of-state law enforcement agency was brought into this investigation and assisted by responding to this residence and interviewing a very cooperative subject. As a result of this interview and other investigative measures, it was determined that the originator of the threat used spoofing software to attach a fake IP address to the threatening post and the subject in question was not the offender. As such, all investigative efforts have been exhausted at this time and I am very satisfied with the work that FHP put forth on this case (as you should be).

I believe we need to give credit where credit is due. I want to acknowledge and thank Florida PBA Executive Director Matt Puckett, Florida PBA Representative and FHP Trooper Bill Smith, FHP Major Joe Lopez, Pinellas & Pasco County State Attorney Bernie McCabe and the 6th Judicial Circuit for taking this threat seriously and working to achieve a successful conclusion.

You really need to put on your big boy pants. Are you going to go after everyone who posts something like that? I read them every day on different web pages in the comments sections.

Maybe it is time law enforcement took a long had look into a mirror because the behavior many of todays officers are why the public has such feelings about police officers.

People are blowing off steam. You had better be very careful about your tactic Chip, because in my opinion the politically correct BS where no one is allowed to blow off steam is why so many people act out in random acts of violence. It hurts no one when someone makes a post and in this case it was someone from out of state who it is doubtful they will ever encounter a trooper in their life.

The public is getting very fed up with how police officers act these days Chip. The thin blue line that everyone knows about where police officers cover up for other police officers is no longer acceptable not that it really ever was in the first place.

In my opinion the officer who turns their head when a bad officer does something is just a bad and guilty as the bad officer. It is long past time of allowing police departments investigate themselves, that has not worked out real well over the years. It is time for an independent agency that has no ties to law enforcement agencies to conduct investigations of police wrong doing.

Further what proof is there that the person they did get in contact with was not the poster? He could be a very nice guy who was just blowing off steam at the poor behavior of said trooper. You see Chip the public is getting real tired of police hiding behind statutes to protect them as well as the above mentioned thin blue line of corruption that has so severely infected police across this country.

To many police departments when a member of the public files a complaint send the party who filed the complaint a threatening letter worded in such a way as to intimidate them so they will not follow through with the complain. When it is your word against the officers that intimidating letter works wonders to squash the complaint. After all when a member of the public files a complaint then receives a intimidating letter threatening to file charges on you, well lets just say that is just another misuse of police powers. So who does the public go to in those cases? They are pretty much out of luck.

The fact is Chip police departments are full of corruption these days. Just read these forums of different departments. You can tell the departments that are fearful of being exposed because they are the ones who ban people left and right and delete posts and threads. Collier County is a perfect example. Sarasota County officers have exposed many cases corruption and it is well known that Sheriff Knight has a woman assigned to monitor LEO affairs.

FHP has many threads deleted as well as posts when certain members are exposed for their corruption. The funny thing is others are bashed endlessly in LEO affairs with out right lies that falsely accuse criminal conduct and those threads and post remain on LEO affairs to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    You really need to put on your big boy pants. Are you going to go after everyone who posts something like that? I read them every day on different web pages in the comments sections.

Maybe it is time law enforcement took a long had look into a mirror because the behavior many of todays officers are why the public has such feelings about police officers.

People are blowing off steam. You had better be very careful about your tactic Chip, because in my opinion the politically correct BS where no one is allowed to blow off steam is why so many people act out in random acts of violence. It hurts no one when someone makes a post and in this case it was someone from out of state who it is doubtful they will ever encounter a trooper in their life.

The public is getting very fed up with how police officers act these days Chip. The thin blue line that everyone knows about where police officers cover up for other police officers is no longer acceptable not that it really ever was in the first place.

In my opinion the officer who turns their head when a bad officer does something is just a bad and guilty as the bad officer. It is long past time of allowing police departments investigate themselves, that has not worked out real well over the years. It is time for an independent agency that has no ties to law enforcement agencies to conduct investigations of police wrong doing.

Further what proof is there that the person they did get in contact with was not the poster? He could be a very nice guy who was just blowing off steam at the poor behavior of said trooper. You see Chip the public is getting real tired of police hiding behind statutes to protect them as well as the above mentioned thin blue line of corruption that has so severely infected police across this country.

To many police departments when a member of the public files a complaint send the party who filed the complaint a threatening letter worded in such a way as to intimidate them so they will not follow through with the complain. When it is your word against the officers that intimidating letter works wonders to squash the complaint. After all when a member of the public files a complaint then receives a intimidating letter threatening to file charges on you, well lets just say that is just another misuse of police powers. So who does the public go to in those cases? They are pretty much out of luck.

The fact is Chip police departments are full of corruption these days. Just read these forums of different departments. You can tell the departments that are fearful of being exposed because they are the ones who ban people left and right and delete posts and threads. Collier County is a perfect example. Sarasota County officers have exposed many cases corruption and it is well known that Sheriff Knight has a woman assigned to monitor LEO affairs.

FHP has many threads deleted as well as posts when certain members are exposed for their corruption. The funny thing is others are bashed endlessly in LEO affairs with out right lies that falsely accuse criminal conduct and those threads and post remain on LEO affairs to this day.
    Do you have an example of one of these threatening letters? If you do please post it because I have been in supervision for 12 years in a large department in FL and have yet to see one of these letters you speak of. Does this letter refer to the officer bill of rights regarding false complaints against an officer and his rights once the allegation is proved false?

Apparently I'm still not the only one who thinks people who threaten to kill cops, even through social media, should go to jail:

http://www.leoaffairs.com/news/woman...inst-officers/

Woman arrested for making online threats against officers

September 26, 2015

Police in Clayton County, Georgia are investigating threats against officers made by a woman in videos posted on the internet.

According to police, the woman lives a mile and a half from the Clayton County Police Department.

The woman in the video, Latausha Nedd, who also goes by Eye Empress Sekhmet, calls for war on white people and advocates shooting police officers.

In an interview with WSBTV, Nedd said, “I say let’s have a take a gun day and start walking up on these untrained cops and stealing their weapons.”

When asked by a reporter for the television station if she really wanted people to kill police officers, Nedd said, “I never said that.”

The television station was at her home when the FBI, the U.S. Marshals Service, and a joint terrorism task force arrested Nedd on Thursday.

“She was watching your news broadcast,” Clayton County Police Chief Michael Register told the reporter. “A lot of people talk on the Internet and YouTube, but most people don’t make threats against segments of the community.”

While she was being led away in handcuffs, Nedd had a few things to say.

“This is about a YouTube video? I’ve seen worse on YouTube,” Nedd said from the back of a police cruiser. “All I said was defend yourself against people who want to kill us. That’s all. I never said anything more than that.”

She also claimed to be harmless, but according to the police, her words were as dangerous as any weapon.

“It’s also the reaction she solicits, or anyone solicits from people who may be listening,” Register said.

Nedd was charged with making terroristic threats and transmitting those threats through social media.

Unregistered
    I agree that it's a serious issue but the Highway Patrol in Florida is not interested in Law Enforcement. The Florida Highway Patrol is interested in issuing monetary fines
    Our command staff is interested in making it to & through the DROP.

Call x49, TOT.

X65 208....

Unregistered
    The OIG is too busy investigating Troopers to investigate a threat on a trooper. If the OIG office is contacted about certain Troopers they will not investigate them either. Certain Trooper can do whatever they want. What other ones can do little policy violations and get fired over them.

Shockingly it's happened again! What in the world was I thinking, that someone should be arrested for threatening to kill a FHP trooper? It's nice to see that there are others who share my perspective and are willing to act upon it:

http://www.fox13memphis.com/top-stor...icers/13084491

FOX 13

Warrant issued for man who threatened to kill law enforcement officers

Updated: Jan 5, 2016 - 7:30 AM

An arrest warrant has been issued for a man who threatened to kill law enforcement officers on the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page.

According to SCSO, ‘JuiceMane Cody’ posted a message saying in part the Concrete Cartel runs this city and “if you try us, officers gone start dropping. Y’all killin my black brothas so Ima kill some black uniforms.”

There was also a video attached in which the man pointed two guns at the camera, as if he was shooting at an officer.

Detectives identified the man as Cody Davis.

SCSO said he is a member of the Concrete Cartel, which is also known as the Conservative Vice Lords. Davis’ bond has been set at $2 million.

If you have any information regarding his whereabouts, call Crime Stoppers at 901-528-CASH.

Unregistered

Gomorrah

Quote Originally Posted by chipdeblock View Post
    Shockingly it's happened again! What in the world was I thinking, that someone should be arrested for threatening to kill a FHP trooper? It's nice to see that there are others who share my perspective and are willing to act upon it: .
    chipdeblock,

I'm all about free speech and having liberal rights, but this FHP forum is a cesspool of name calling, personal vendetta attacks, name calling, repetitive harassment, etc. Much of it borders hate speech.

Just because the posters do not agree with an arrest someone makes or the way someone supervises, they have no right to publicly ridicule them on an on-going continual basis non-stop, in a perpetually retrieval and name indexed (Internet search engine) format.

The TOS are essentially never enforced or interpreted so loosely that posters are permitted to continue with egregious conduct.

The actions of the anonymous posters cause just as much harm to the careers of those they name and rant about, as the things which they complain about in their posts.

There is no recourse from this Gomorrah. How could you expect any law enforcement agency to actually take anything you say seriously?

And here's another:

http://www.leoaffairs.com/news/man-a...milies-online/

Man arrested after making threats against police and their families online

January 29, 2016

A man has been arrested for using social media to threaten local police and their families.

Officers from the Chester Police Department in Delaware County, Pennsylvania, say that they received threats on Facebook and Instagram from a man upset about the arrest of a teenage girl, after she allegedly threatened to shoot up several Chester, DA area schools.

David Milbourne, 23, was taken into custody on Wednesday. He is charged with two counts of making terroristic threats, and one count of harassment. He claimed that he instructed the 17-year-old to post threatening messages aimed at several schools, according to NBC Philly. The threats specifically targeted black students at the schools including the statement, “all blacks must die.”

The teen girl confessed to posting the school related threats and also said it was a prank, according to police.

Angered by the arrest, Milbourne, allegedly posted a picture of himself in a black ski mask with his hand making a gun gesture, writing, “tell them stupid Chester cops…they better worry about their family getting murdered…after all who gonna stop me,” according to CBS Philly.

The relationship between Milbourne and the teen was not immediately known.

© 2015 Bright Mountain Media, Inc.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast