S.O.T. - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: S.O.T.

Re: S.O.T.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    Lynx, sorry to hear about your child. Children are so precious to us and until you have your own you will not understand.

Let me just throw this out, but it may not be the reason you were rejected. If you went as far as you did do you know if you passed Dr. Skotko? Did you even see him? He is a huge stumbling block with many.

If you saw him and you passed chances are that your file went to The Chief's desk. More than likely he would reject it because you only have a two year degree. The Office, for what ever reason, have this thing about wanting those with a 4 year degree.

Don't give up. There are many other good agencies in this area.

I appreciate the thought about my child, he is doing really good now. You are right people do not understand what it is like until they have a child of their own. And for him to go through what he went through at 2 1/2 years of age is hard for a parent to swallow, it should be hard for anyone to swallow. People really do not have a clue. But we have gotten through a lot and we will move forward. I really hate the fact it had to go to a lawsuit, but a year later my husband got sick and was diagnosed with a life altering disease. I was taking my son to speech therapy three times a week, taking him to follow up dr. appointments, to neurologist and taking my husband to doctor appointments when he wasnt in the hospital . So I am glad I went through with the lawsuit, even though it was frustrating and disheartening and yes there were days I wanted to give up. But I just kept saying it's for my son. I didn't give up and he has money to correct his face in the future if it is something he wants to do. It will be his choice. We chose to not put him through facial surgery because we did not want to put him through the pain of it. Who knows, in the future they may come out with better technology and he will have the funds do what he wants to do.

And no sir I never met Dr. Sokto, it did not go that far. I did the PAA first, then the polygraph and then the inital interview, passed all of that. I just know when the lawsuit came up things with south quickly and that was the end of it. I don't really care what the reason is, I don't want to work for a company that does'nt want me to work for them.

And no I will not give up, I don' give up on anything. But at the same time I am a realist and there is a reason for everything.

Have you looked at Temple Terrace?

Have you looked at Temple Terrace?

No I have not checked into them. I will look into that.

Good agency. So is Pasco SO.

Quote Originally Posted by Once Hopeful
    I'd like to comment on something. Your agency processed 2960 applicants last year and hired only about 125. It's because they lie. They withhold information and everything else. Secondly, for those that are not in the know; a year ago, the sheriff opened civil service position for pre certified law enforcement officers from florida with the intention of making them attend only a modified modular. There were about 300 applicants. Over half were leaving their office in the middle of an internal affairs investigation. The rest had poor IA histories. Out of those three hundred and some odd number, only 6 made it through the complete process. The bottom line is that if you are a rising star at your current agency, you don't want to leave. There were only six that were leaving for the pay and/or location. So let's be real about it all and stop all the negativity. You are down 300 positions right now not because of a lack of applicants, but a lack of applicants with integrity or that can be truthful. So after all that, the sheriff decided not to proceed with the modified module. I know this because I was one of the six that made it through and didn't get to opportunity once it was narrowed down to six. Don't believe me? Call recruitment and screening and they will tell you.
    I have no doubt that what you are saying is largely true. Here's the problem. First, the office does nothing to advertise the fact that it may potentially hire pre-certs. If the word is not out, people will not apply. Second, people leave agencies for legitimate reasons. They get married, they move, they have kids, their first agency was stepping stone to get certified, their employer turns out to be a giant egotistical ass, etc. Not everyone that wants to change jobs is a dirt bag. Third, this agency will disqualify people at the drop of a hat and claim it is because of lying. Liars have no place in law enforcement. This office will just call you a liar and disqualify you even if that wasn't the case. Fourth, Skotco is a ****ing hack. Fifth, so what if only six people made the cut? Getting hired takes time. Tell them that they will be put in the next available module class along with whatever recruit class is going through. Everyone needs to learn to do things the HCSO anyway. Why do they need a different module? Abbreviate FTO if need be like TPD. And finally fifth, Tampa PD seems to manage hiring the majority of their officers as pre-certs nowadays and doesn't seem to have many problems finding candidates. What is HCSO's malfunction?

I am sorry you had a bad hiring experience with us. I hope you have since found an agency that is good for you and your family.

Good agency. So is Pasco SO.
    Okay thank you. But just so you know i do have a job. So its not the end of the world. I will take my time and consider all options.

I would rather see someone that does not have a job right now get hired, especially if they have military or prior law enforcement experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx
    Okay thank you. But just so you know i do have a job. So its not the end of the world. I will take my time and consider all options.

I would rather see someone that does not have a job right now get hired, especially if they have military or prior law enforcement experience.
    Nah. The beauty of our profession is that we will always have customers. If you've got your heart set on law enforcement, don't give up. Agencies in this area are always hiring. If the website doesn't say so, call them instead. Pasco and Pinellas are both good choices and there are plenty of other good outfits in the bay area.

And finally fifth, Tampa PD seems to manage hiring the majority of their officers as pre-certs nowadays and doesn't seem to have many problems finding candidates. What is HCSO's malfunction?
    I ran into a TPD Office I know who just by chance is working in their personnel office. TPD is in the process of changing that policy as they were getting to many rejects from other agencies.

To lynx; Everything certainly does happen for a reason. You sound like a nice person so believe me when I say that Karma or your Guardian Angel was looking out for you, as HCSO is the last place on earth you would want to work at. You got a small taste of what happens to you here when they don't like something about you or your baggage (pardon my speech). Imagine now having to report each day to work for a office that has you in their crosshairs for any number of things. The Chief is a *******, plain & simple and places himself on a elevated pedestool where he looks down on others with ice in his heart. By the Sheriff allowing this to happen, he is just, if not more guilty. Until both of them leave HCSO and a new Sheriff with core values comes in and cleans out the political garbage within the office staff who were promoted by these scumbags, HCSO is not the place for anyone who truly wants to be a respected law enforcement deputy and be left alone to do their job. The Chiefs unrealistic goal to try and hire only those candidates with 4 year college degrees, will ultimately result in a disaster years down the road. His lack of common sense prevents him from seeing it though. Best of luck to you Lynx.

Thank you. Something i want to mention regarding the 4 year degree. At the PAA i was told upfront that i was at the bottom of the barrell. Because i did not have any experience, no military or a 4 year degree. But the recruitor did say we will continue and see how it goes. At the initial interview i was advised again that other applicants had experience and some bave served tours over seas. And i respect that and understood that. Detention was mentioned to me and my response was is that something i can think on. The answer was yes. When i was advised there were better qualified applicants. I return replied does that apply to detention also. The response was yes it does.

So they prefer a 4 year degree for detention also?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast