S.O.T. - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S.O.T.

Re: S.O.T.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    HCSO tried to hire a pre-cert class that would skip the academy and just do a modified SOT and module program. However, HCSO didn't receive enough interest and was unable to hire a complete class of pre-certs. It wouldn't have been feasible to only do a small class of roughly ten pre-certs.

Before you bash the process, at least spare us your ignorance by being informed. Sheriff Gee will do a pre-cert class if you can bring in 30-35 qualified individuals to actually make a full class.
    http://www.hcso.tampa.fl.us/getdoc/b...nt-Deputy.aspx

Let me quote the relevant portion.

NOTE: All candidates will attend the Sheriff's Orientation Training (SOT) and law enforcement academy.
    Perhaps if what you say is true then they should change the recruitment webpage to reflect that pre-certs are welcome and will not have to attend the state academy again.

Some of you degenerates from other law enforcement agencies just can't seem to comprehend the fact that you are NOT WELCOME at this elite sheriff's office. Just the thought alone that some of you think that your secondary training from any LE Academy other then the one taught by HCSO is rather insulting. Don't you all understand that this is not just any typical law enforcement agency, but rather the elite Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office? Can't you all read the elite basic requirements needed to even be considered for employment at HCSO? Apparently, some of you even think that you have enough eliteness to call and talk to a actual real world Certified Hillsborough County Deputy or Detective within the Recruitment & Screening office. How arrogant can you be! If we want to talk to you or have a question, do like your told and WAIT BY YOUR PHONE until we have the time to speak with you. Additionally, some of you think that just because it's only a phone call, that you don't need to be properly dressed in Business Attire.....WRONG! What, you don't think that we can tell when your not properly dressed during a official HCSO phone conversation? Again, how arrogant of you all.

Let this post be a official wake up call for you degenerates who continue to question how & why the elite HCSO does things and why you must be completely re-trained & re-booted into top shape like only our elite HCSO Academy can do. HCSO is the model law enforcement agency in the United States and will only accept candidates with exceptional IQ levels verified by our elite selection & training processes. Very soon all candidates will be required to submit to additional DNA testing in order to be sure that you have enough eliteness in your genes to be considered for employment at the elite HCSO. Hopefully this post will suffice as all the information any candidates, particularly those currently certified will need to answer your questions. If any of you peasants still have additional questions, call our office ONLY WHEN dressed in full Business Attire and leave a voice message in your most elite tone of voice and a official elite HCSO representative will contact you when they feel like it. While waiting for the official return phone call, it is recommended that you practice and memorize the official & elite "Go Go HCSO" fight song!

Quote Originally Posted by Eliteness Required
    While waiting for the official return phone call, it is recommended that you practice and memorize the official & elite "Go Go HCSO" fight song!
    Whose the leader of the club that's made for you and me? M. I. C. K. E. Y. Gee. E. E. E. EEEE. :snicker: :devil: :devil:

Quote Originally Posted by HOOAHH!
    Well a "Modified" SOT in it's self is a joke. I understand a new Officer having to go through it. But you have to think of it this way, MOST Pre-Certs have lives, families, children, or other obligations. This IS NOT the Military. It is a professional career.

Telling experienced Officers they need to live in a barrack for two weeks is a joke. They have ALREADY made sacrifices and have already experienced the "Real" world of Law Enforcement.

A daily training, orientation, ass beating... that is fine. But telling individuals they must attend a "Boot Camp" in order to CONTINUE the career they are already good at? No. Wrong answer and that is EXACTLY why we had only 10-15 applicants.

IT is a JOKE.

The military is a profession. In my eyes, THE MOST professional career field that anyone could ever sign up/join/apply/enlist to! Get you GD facts together or you're going to have Vets putting a blow torch to that a**[/quote]

Let me apologize, my words were misunderstod. What I meant by "Professional" was that our SOT and current mentality with this academy bs, does not stand up to the actual Military and these folks are more Law Enforcement driven, who have been devoloping themselves in a non-military setting. It is a JOKE to make them go through our wannabie mini "military" type training.

At no time did I ever, nor would I ever compare the Military in a negative way.

I have nothing but respect for our Military, their sacrifices, and their service.

I am embarrassed for us all when "recruits" come out of SOT acting as if they just completed basic.

My apologies to anyone who took it the wrong way.

I'd like to comment on something. Your agency processed 2960 applicants last year and hired only about 125. It's because they lie. They withhold information and everything else. Secondly, for those that are not in the know; a year ago, the sheriff opened civil service position for pre certified law enforcement officers from florida with the intention of making them attend only a modified modular. There were about 300 applicants. Over half were leaving their office in the middle of an internal affairs investigation. The rest had poor IA histories. Out of those three hundred and some odd number, only 6 made it through the complete process. The bottom line is that if you are a rising star at your current agency, you don't want to leave. There were only six that were leaving for the pay and/or location. So let's be real about it all and stop all the negativity. You are down 300 positions right now not because of a lack of applicants, but a lack of applicants with integrity or that can be truthful. So after all that, the sheriff decided not to proceed with the modified module. I know this because I was one of the six that made it through and didn't get to opportunity once it was narrowed down to six. Don't believe me? Call recruitment and screening and they will tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Once Hopeful
    I'd like to comment on something. Your agency processed 2960 applicants last year and hired only about 125. It's because they lie. They withhold information and everything else. Secondly, for those that are not in the know; a year ago, the sheriff opened civil service position for pre certified law enforcement officers from florida with the intention of making them attend only a modified modular. There were about 300 applicants. Over half were leaving their office in the middle of an internal affairs investigation. The rest had poor IA histories. Out of those three hundred and some odd number, only 6 made it through the complete process. The bottom line is that if you are a rising star at your current agency, you don't want to leave. There were only six that were leaving for the pay and/or location. So let's be real about it all and stop all the negativity. You are down 300 positions right now not because of a lack of applicants, but a lack of applicants with integrity or that can be truthful. So after all that, the sheriff decided not to proceed with the modified module. I know this because I was one of the six that made it through and didn't get to opportunity once it was narrowed down to six. Don't believe me? Call recruitment and screening and they will tell you.
    wait a minute, did you just say that most of the applicants did not get hired because they lied?

Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    wait a minute, did you just say that most of the applicants did not get hired because they lied?

Want an answer to your question? Call Recruitment and Screening and ask one of the polygraph examiners or the LT there "what is the polygraph fail rate". The answer may shock you.

Many posters here have tried to tell you all about this type of self righteous attitude that now plagues this office. The staff and the robot like mentality they have brain drilled on some very naive individuals has created a office full of robots who think they are far superior to anybody else or agency. We keep sending out warning after warning to the still uninformed about what they will get themselves into if hired right now at HCSO. I'm warning you all once again, this Sheriff & Chief Deputy now in power believe that they are practically "Immortal Figures" in the eyes & minds ( mainly minds since they stay hidden) of everyboby who's title is below they'res. The individual Deputy means squat to them and they practically come out and say it each and every day. They don't care whether you come or go one bit, they only care about themselves and nothing else. Thats why the personnel unit is a "revolving door" for those new & veteran who leave and get replaced at nearly record rates. Not one bit of loyalty is displayed by any HCSO Deputy now, because this is how they are being shown to do things by Gee and his robot like followers. This has become a practical grave yard for any new or current LEO's who still try to be real cops here. It is NOT ALLOWED ANYMORE. Don't believe us, come on aboard and see how you get treated once they got your ass foolish & naiive enough to fall for the propaganda they spent tons of taxpayer money on, or should I say wasted taxpayer money on. This place is truly hell once you realize where you rate on the totem pole. Keep digging, you will find your rating!!!

[quote=Average Joe]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Once Hopeful":z6x4sh23

Want an answer to your question? Call Recruitment and Screening and ask one of the polygraph examiners or the LT there "what is the polygraph fail rate". The answer may shock you.[/quote:z6x4sh23]
    I don't need to call recruitment and screening. I cannot speak for others but I will tell you about my expericence. I was completely honest with HCSO. I passed the PAA, passed the polygraph, and the initial interview went very well. I have no reason to lie, in fact I am a little too honest. That being said. I am a white female with a two year degree. I have worked in my current job for over 15 years (non law enforcement). I have excellent credit and a great work history. I am in very good shape. Everything was going great with the application process UNTIL the law suit came up that I filed on an insurance company. Because my 2 1/2 year old child was seriously injured in an accident. I waited a YEAR after that accident to file a suit. However filed it and they paid because they were forced to pay out as they should have. My child has to attend speech therapy along with meeting with neurologist. I could go on but I will not. Anyway, like I said when that law suit came up all of sudden the process went dead. They asked a lot of questions about it and I answered them. I did not hear anything for a couple of months and went online looked at the application status and it said not being considered. I then emailed the person that I was corresponding back and forth and the reply was, "We sent you a letter. we have better qualified applicants. Now I have no problem with them having better qualified applicants I am sure they had plenty, however to tell me a letter was sent was a lie. I have no issues with my mail and anything else they sent I had within two days. So after sitting in their room (at the PAA) and listening for over an hour a lecture about do not lie to us and do not waste our time.......really.

That being said HCSO was very professional during the PAA, the polygraph and the initial interview. I had no problem with anything. And I have no problem not receiving a job where there are better qualified applicants. Just do not lie to me and tell me you sent a letter when you did not. So before we go talking about the applicants lieing, make sure your back porch is clean first.

Lynx, sorry to hear about your child. Children are so precious to us and until you have your own you will not understand.

Let me just throw this out, but it may not be the reason you were rejected. If you went as far as you did do you know if you passed Dr. Skotko? Did you even see him? He is a huge stumbling block with many.

If you saw him and you passed chances are that your file went to The Chief's desk. More than likely he would reject it because you only have a two year degree. The Office, for what ever reason, have this thing about wanting those with a 4 year degree.

Don't give up. There are many other good agencies in this area.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast