NEW Website & Forums Coming - 36 hours or less

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

NEW Website & Forums Coming - 36 hours or less

Greetings,

First, let me start off by thanking everyone for their support of this site. You have made it a success and we are always seeking to make it better. In fact, that is why I am making this post. Over the next 12 - 36 hours you should expect to see some pretty big changes on this site, all for the better.

For starters, our LEOAFFAIRS.COM Website will be receiving a facelift. It's been a few years since we changed it up and it's time to modernize the site. Expect to see a new layout using the most up-to-date Word Press software. Graphics will be larger and stories will be easier to read.

Next, we've outgrown our Message Board software. Some of you may remember back around April of 2006 when we left the Boards2Go message board platform and went with our current phpBB platform. You would have thought the world was coming to an end, as people (including our users) inherently do not like change (grin). Boards2Go would only hold 300 messages before they started scrolling off and were automatically deleted. The current phpBB platform proved to be the right move and was eventually embraced by all. In today's climate, however, social media and search engine optimization (SEO) is mandatory if you want to be effective. That's why we're moving to vBulletin Board software which is the best out there. Yes, it will look different and have some new interfaces, but if you've mastered the current message board platform you should not have any trouble with the new one. Now, if you read a post that you like and want to share it on Facebook, just click the button and your done. Yep, it's going to be that easy!

Thanks in advance for giving the upcoming changes a chance. Please believe me when I tell you that they are for the betterment of the site and all of our users. We will be able to do what we do better and more effectively. Remember, our main goal in running this free site for you is to Effect Change in a positive way for LEOs.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or Mod 1 (mod1@leoaffairs.com).

Thanks for your support,

Chip DeBlock, Co-Founder
    LEOAFFAIRS.COM
    FIREAFFAIRS.COM
    TEACHERAFFAIRS.COM
    (813) 760-2900 Cell

Banned LEO Affairs Corporal

Re: NEW Website & Forums Coming - 36 hours or less

Bob Sherin, Miami, Florida, (305) 767-1932, BobSherin@gmail.com
    Chip,

Congratulations for undertaking such a huge enterprise and succeeding with it perfectly. What a dramatic change you just effected without a glitch here! As a citizen, I also want to add that Leo's free speech policy is a blessing to victims, who have a voice here.

Much continued success,

Bob Sherin
    Miami, Florida

Will users still be able to remain anonymous if they choose to?

Thanks for all you do.

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Affairs Fanpi
    Will users still be able to remain anonymous if they choose to?

Thanks for all you do.
    Yes, with the new Message Boards, users that wish to be anonymous will be able to.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

The "new" format makes it impossible to read the darker areas on a mobile device & honestly I've stopped coming as frequently. Is there a selector to change the view of the site?

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    The "new" format makes it impossible to read the darker areas on a mobile device & honestly I've stopped coming as frequently. Is there a selector to change the view of the site?
    Not at this time. But we are supposed to be switching to new Message Board software that I believe will make it easier.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.