missing person

Thread: missing person

missing person

i have a question.i am a citizen and i have a question about missing persons. if someone intentionally goes missing and leaves a message that he has decided to leave and wants to start a new life somewhere else can the police check banking transactions or cell phone records or emails if the family is trying to locate this person. thanks and stay safe

Re: missing person

If you are referring to an adult, then they are not a missing person. An adult can choose to manage their life as they see fit, and if he/she wants to leave to start a new life, then that is their decision. Unless a mental illness is part of the equation...

Quote Originally Posted by tt8877
    i have a question.i am a citizen and i have a question about missing persons. if someone intentionally goes missing and leaves a message that he has decided to leave and wants to start a new life somewhere else can tice check banking transactions or cell phone records or emails if the family is trying to locate this person. thanks and stay safe
    No, if it is an adult they have a right to privacy and can come & go as they please. Public law enforcement agencies would be overrun with such requests if we had to do these type of non-law enforcement tasks. My suggestion is to check with a private investigator. It will cost you some $$$ but it depends how bad you want or need the info. There are alot of, shall we say, shady private investigators who have little if any background in detective work or law enforcement experience, so just be careful & do your homework or you may end up overpaying or wasting your money. Check with the BBB to start. Goodluck.

Sorry but just curious, this missing person does not have a last name of "Gee" by chance does he?...... ops:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Sorry but just curious, this missing person does not have a last name of "Gee" by chance does he?...... ops:
    BAZINGA

BAZINGA
    Ok, I gotta agree with Sheldon on this one.... That was funny! :snicker: :snicker:

Quote Originally Posted by The Nitely Blog
    BAZINGA
    Ok, I gotta agree with Sheldon on this one.... That was funny! :snicker: :snicker:
    Funny stuff, and GREAT SHOW!!! 8)