the resolution

Thread: the resolution

the resolution

The patients in Florida would like to point out:
    Florida Health Officials reported there are 1.6 MILLION Floridians that would be eligible for treatment using medical cannabis. That is acknowledgement of medical value, the numbers are taken from those with diseases that are clearly documented to benefit from medical cannabis. That means those people tried everything else and found more relief and benefit from cannabis than standard treatment. Why would we deny this for Floridians?

Science has discovered the endocannabinoid system. As Raphael Mechoulem, the man who originally discovered THC in 1964 and has been studying cannabis ever since, whose team discovered the endocannabinoid system in 1987, states, "There is barely a biological or physiological system in our bodies in which the endocannabinoids do not participate".

The ECS (endocannabinoid system) is a modulator of physiological functions in the central nervous system, in the autonomic nervous system, the endocrine network, the immune system, the gastrointestinal tract, the reproductive system, in microcirculation, and the cytokine network, which is the source of inflammation, the cause of nearly if not all disease. Just as diabetics do not produce enough insulin some people don't produce enough endocannabinoids. The cannabinoids in cannabis are so close to our own that they work the same.

Speaking about raw cannabis juiced, researcher Dr William L. Courtney states, "It (cannabis) has captures these molecules that help our bodies regulatory system be more effective. The bottom line is it's a dietary essential that helps all 210 cell types function more effectively. I don't even refer to it as medicine anymore, strictly as a dietary essential."

Thousands of deaths each year in the U.S. are caused by MRSA. A recent study shows hemp fabric stops the spread of Staph and MRSA. In light of that, with the Staph and MRSA epidemic in most U.S. Hospitals wouldn't it be wise to use hemp fabric for all hospital bedding, towels, clothing and curtains? Isn't saving lives and ending MRSA worth changing the policy?

No one should have a gun in their face from law enforcement, be arrested, humiliated, degraded or treated as a subculture for their choice of medicine and/or health needs.

We ask you to change your resolution!

Recently I was asked, "If you only had 3 pieces of "empirical scientific data" to present in favor of de-scheduling cannabis off the Controlled Substances Act, which would they be?!
    My Answer:
    THE ENDOCANNABINOID SYSTEM: PHYSIOLOGY AND PHARMACOLOGY
    http://alcalc.oxfordjournals.org/content/40/1/2.long

Role of the endocannabinoid system in food intake, energy homeostasis and regulation of the endocrine pancreas.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21055418

Antineoplastic and apoptotic effects of cannabinoids. N-acylethanolamines: protectors or killers?
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18438336

Re: the resolution

I truly hope something positive comes from this. I have CMT (Charcot-Marie-Tooth) disease. (Description at bottom of this post)

I use cannabis to help stop muscle cramping, to relieve pain from my feet and ankles, and to overall calm my nerves. I'm a hard worker, home owner, and family man. I do not involve myself in absolutely any illegal activities outside of my cannabis use. I pride myself in being extremely polite and positive to everyone I encounter in my daily life.

I was arrested by Martin County Sheriffs and charged with possession of 0.1 grams of cannabis. Yes, you read that correctly -- 1/10th of a gram. When the sheriffs first stopped me they told me that if that was all I had that I had nothing to worry about. Later I would find out that was a complete lie. That whole fiasco cost me a total of $3,000 and I was at risk of have my license suspended for 2 years. (Any possession charge that you are found guilty of results in an automatic 2 year license suspension) $3,000 is an absurd amount of money for someone to pay trying to fight a charge of 0.1 grams. ($2,000 to lawyer. $1,000 in court costs/probation/drug program)

When the Sheriffs pulled me over I was extremely polite and forthcoming. I lowered all windows and turned on my interior light and kept my hands in plain sight. I also presented my CCW license to put them at ease that they were not dealing with a felon. (was not carrying though) They searched my vehicle at least 4 times looking for extra cannabis and even had me open my pants/boxers and shined a flashlight on my penis on the side of the I95. I had a baby seat in my vehicle and was dressed in typical office worker attire. I answered all questions honestly and followed with a "sir". I also told the officers about my disease and showed them proof by removing my shoes/socks and showing them my extremely high arches right there on the highway.

Do any of you really believe that this is right? Do you really believe that honest working people who cause no harm to others deserve to be put through these kind of ordeals? I can understand if I was moving "weight" but to put me through all of that over 0.1 grams when I was 100% cooperating is ridiculous.

I think we can all agree that there are much better things to focus our police efforts on (like the pillowcase burglars from the south). If somebody has a minimal amount of cannabis like 0.1 grams, has no priors, is being extremely polite & cooperating, and showed you proof that they suffer from a disease please think twice about what kind of impact that arrest (or PTA) can have on their life. Ask yourself how you would feel if you were in their shoes...or if that was one of your family members.

Thanks for reading. Information on my disease is below.

"Charcot–Marie–Tooth disease (CMT), also known as Charcot–Marie–Tooth neuropathy, hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy (HMSN) and peroneal muscular atrophy (PMA) — is a genetically and clinically heterogeneous group of inherited disorders of the peripheral nervous system characterised by progressive loss of muscle tissue and touch sensation across various parts of the body. Currently incurable, this disease is one of the most common inherited neurological disorders affecting approximately 1 in 2,500 people"