recruiters / background investigators - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: recruiters / background investigators

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiGuest
    Quote Originally Posted by WolffeinPasco
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Definitely not a Trooper. You didn't even get the Captain's name right, which any Trooper that has been through the process would definitely know.

Why don't you just post as the turned-down, overweight applicant that you are? I don't understand the need to lie. What was your intent by lying? Also, you claim to be "a little overweight", but what you should realize is that the FHP allows 20 lbs over the limit, so truthfully you are 20lbs+"a little" overweight. 20+lbs is not "a little" overweight. The weight guideline is out of the recruiters hands. They follow the guideline strictly and if you show up to take the PAT and are 20lbs+1lb over the limit (they allow the first 20) you are immediately disqualified and sent home. So, you shouldn't blame the recruiter for saving you a trip to the PAT only to be sent away.

I'd say lose some weight and try again, but you aren't mentally fit to be a trooper or cop for that matter. It's extremely immature to get angry, come on a forum with lies about who you are, and try to bash other people just because you get turned down. You have a lot to learn young man. You will find that you will be turned down by quite a few agencies at first, and unless you mature drastically, you will fail the psych every time.

Have you thought about joining the military? That is an excellent way to learn self discipline, get in shape, and grow up.
    One of the best posts I've read on this forum in quite some time.

To the OP - The name is Captain George Crotta. Feel free to call him and have a civil conversation about why you feel that being 20+lbs overweight should grant you the opportunity to take the PAT. More importantly, READ the pre-hire paperwork next time. Specifically, the form that has the height / weight requirements.

If you seriously want to be in the FHP, lose the weight and try again. Best of luck in your future endeavors.
    Honestly, I agree. I am currently in the process with FHP, I take my PAT this upcoming week... I am totally fine with the 20lb overweight limit. Anything passed that should disqualify them. This should be seen more as a goal, & a motivation to get healthy and lose weight. It prepares you for the best out in the real world. If you're seriously complaining about a 20lbs over weight cap, then you definitely do not need to be a FHP, because that basically means you want things the easy way. I rather much work hard and EARN my things than get things just handed to me like a silver platter. I REALLY hope I get into FHP, & if I don't will not give up as I'll try again until I am in. Being only 21 and mentally & physically prepared for this PAT test, makes me confident I'll pass.
    I was supposed to take my PAT in Oct 2013.... I didn't go. Why? Because I read the paperwork and couldn't drop the last 5lbs I needed to in order to pass. I will try again here in the future, but it's less humiliating to not go as the instructions say then to have to walk away with everyone looking. I use it as motivation to get in better shape and if you are in good physical condition and don't appear "Fat" because you have a high muscle mass I hear they will waive the 20 over.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiGuest
    Quote Originally Posted by WolffeinPasco
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Definitely not a Trooper. You didn't even get the Captain's name right, which any Trooper that has been through the process would definitely know.

Why don't you just post as the turned-down, overweight applicant that you are? I don't understand the need to lie. What was your intent by lying? Also, you claim to be "a little overweight", but what you should realize is that the FHP allows 20 lbs over the limit, so truthfully you are 20lbs+"a little" overweight. 20+lbs is not "a little" overweight. The weight guideline is out of the recruiters hands. They follow the guideline strictly and if you show up to take the PAT and are 20lbs+1lb over the limit (they allow the first 20) you are immediately disqualified and sent home. So, you shouldn't blame the recruiter for saving you a trip to the PAT only to be sent away.

I'd say lose some weight and try again, but you aren't mentally fit to be a trooper or cop for that matter. It's extremely immature to get angry, come on a forum with lies about who you are, and try to bash other people just because you get turned down. You have a lot to learn young man. You will find that you will be turned down by quite a few agencies at first, and unless you mature drastically, you will fail the psych every time.

Have you thought about joining the military? That is an excellent way to learn self discipline, get in shape, and grow up.
    One of the best posts I've read on this forum in quite some time.

To the OP - The name is Captain George Crotta. Feel free to call him and have a civil conversation about why you feel that being 20+lbs overweight should grant you the opportunity to take the PAT. More importantly, READ the pre-hire paperwork next time. Specifically, the form that has the height / weight requirements.

If you seriously want to be in the FHP, lose the weight and try again. Best of luck in your future endeavors.
    Honestly, I agree. I am currently in the process with FHP, I take my PAT this upcoming week... I am totally fine with the 20lb overweight limit. Anything passed that should disqualify them. This should be seen more as a goal, & a motivation to get healthy and lose weight. It prepares you for the best out in the real world. If you're seriously complaining about a 20lbs over weight cap, then you definitely do not need to be a FHP, because that basically means you want things the easy way. I rather much work hard and EARN my things than get things just handed to me like a silver platter. I REALLY hope I get into FHP, & if I don't will not give up as I'll try again until I am in. Being only 21 and mentally & physically prepared for this PAT test, makes me confident I'll pass.

Boy,,,you are just what the FHP needs,,,,,and AZZZZKIZZER. jUST KISS YOUR WAY TO THE TOP AND MAKE SURE TO GIVE EM A SWIRLIE

People with G.E.D.s arguing on the web.

Yeah, it's probably your LT's fault you didn't get further in life.

Unregistered

Help LOL

I am going to take my PAT TEST Oct. 25th the height weight requirement for my height is 5’3 and max is 169 pounds I am currently 181. The recruiter has said that I will be sent home if I’m not 169. Do they allow 20lbs over the maximum? The recruiter did not mention that. I am physically in great shape minus I just had a baby 6 months ago. Any input is appreciated!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am going to take my PAT TEST Oct. 25th the height weight requirement for my height is 5’3 and max is 169 pounds I am currently 181. The recruiter has said that I will be sent home if I’m not 169. Do they allow 20lbs over the maximum? The recruiter did not mention that. I am physically in great shape minus I just had a baby 6 months ago. Any input is appreciated!
    Stop asking the same question over and over in different threads. I'm sure the recruiter covered this with you. That is what will happen if you show up overweight.
    You open yourself up to getting slammed when you post the same thing over and over again seeking the answer you want to hear in unrelated threads.

Unregistered

20 lbs?

So is 20 lbs over fine to take the PAT?

Unregistered
    Ask them to show you the certification of the scale calibration. I mean everything else has to be calibrated and tested.

Unregistered

You can be 80 Lbs over once you're on the Patrol

Unregistered
    I can’t believe that this is actually enforced. Have you seen the chunks at the academy?

Unregistered
    Im 506/265 pounds. My height is proportionate to my weight. I told them that the only way I will get hired is if I get a SUV, preferably a Tahoe but it can be an Expedition. Im too big for a regular patrol car. So if FHP want to hire me you better have a SUV waiting for me.

BTW.. Preferably not a hand me down. I will accept a used SUV but within one year I need a new SUV.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast