Attention new hire wanna be's - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Attention new hire wanna be's

Quote Originally Posted by Marine 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LEOTPA
    Same Here guys.. This department and HR is a joke! Actually, today I am thankful!

Just quick story.. :mrgreen:

Disqualified beginning of 2014.

Use of any type of controlled substances without a prescription or professional medical advice or supervision shows a lack of better judgment by any candidate.Our department has experienced several incidents that have resulted in the need for higher standards from new recruits.

I`m 30 YO I used ONCE back in 2009

2 driving tickets (whole driving history) Last one 2008.
    Police Academy, Class VP
    Good credit.
    No criminal record at all, not even detained once.
    Stable job history with good position and income.
    Great references.
    2 languages.

Thanks to City of Hollywood for saving my career. As today I know why people were telling me to not apply over there. :snicker:
    Quote Originally Posted by LEOTPA
    Same Here guys.. This department and HR is a joke! Actually, today I am thankful!

Just quick story.. :mrgreen:

Disqualified beginning of 2014.

Use of any type of controlled substances without a prescription or professional medical advice or supervision shows a lack of better judgment by any candidate.Our department has experienced several incidents that have resulted in the need for higher standards from new recruits.

I`m 30 YO I used ONCE back in 2009

2 driving tickets (whole driving history) Last one 2008.
    Police Academy, Class VP
    Good credit.
    No criminal record at all, not even detained once.
    Stable job history with good position and income.
    Great references.
    2 languages.

Thanks to City of Hollywood for saving my career. As today I know why people were telling me to not apply over there. :snicker:
    Yep, HR, The Chief and city manager are and have been running off good candidates and good current employees. It is no secret. Go anywhere but here. IDC what anyone says about Ft Lauderdale, at least they have a decent wage and pension and the ones who left here and went to Ft Lauderdale seem to be doing just fine. Run don't walk away from Hollywood.
    It's so funny to hear all the ads Hollywood begging for new officers. Great candidates apply and don't even get any consideration...for instance a good friend of mine former marine military police with two tours to Iraq and a completed degree applied, he had a juvenile felony (adjudation withheld) he scored a 95 on cjbat and hollywood didn't even offer him a interview... I say give it a couple years let the economy rebound and watch depts start begging for candidates again.. The applicant pools are very big right now the job market in south florida is bleak right now police agency's can be picky but not for long.....
    juvenile felony (adjudation withheld) it's still considered a conviction at Hollhood Police...You are lucky, this place is a dump. I have less than 10 years and I'm applying everywhere else.....
    Hollywood at the moment has high standards for a crap city/slash ruff job to work for. Fort Lauderdale pd is a much better dept and won't hold a juvenile felony with a adjudication withheld against you. Every dept is different bso and hollywood hold juvenile records against applicants while depts like Fort Lauderdale and Lauderhill won't. But again those agency's are much more busier then hollywood with a good share of turnover creating different hiring standards.. Then there's dade county a whole different world when it comes to law enforcement. The danger factor for any police officer is high but it's 100x more dangerous in Miami... All applicants pleas select your depts wisely. As for the people getting shot down by hpd no worries your not missing much but a super micro manged dept with losy morale and a city that is slowing turning into Miami Gardens 2.0

I'd stick with davie, sunrise, or bso

Davie is low speed damn near being just armed security basically. Boca pd is hiring.. lots of rich New Yorkers and Jews moved to that city so 95% of your calls are gonna be dealing with arrogant people who look at the cops as scum. Pbso is getting ready to start mass hiring by the end of this year. Within the next two year almost all dept are gonna be in a hiring frenzy due to the fact the last 6 years hiring has been crippled by bad ecomnomy and slugs refusing to retire.. I would use Hpd like FHP a training dept work for a year then haul ass to a more lucrative dept with better pay, benefits, and moral.

Quote Originally Posted by Harhead
    Davie is low speed damn near being just armed security basically. Boca pd is hiring.. lots of rich New Yorkers and Jews moved to that city so 95% of your calls are gonna be dealing with arrogant people who look at the cops as scum. Pbso is getting ready to start mass hiring by the end of this year. Within the next two year almost all dept are gonna be in a hiring frenzy due to the fact the last 6 years hiring has been crippled by bad ecomnomy and slugs refusing to retire.. I would use Hpd like FHP a training dept work for a year then haul ass to a more lucrative dept with better pay, benefits, and moral.
    Hollywood PD has become the Hialeah PD of Broward County.

Quote Originally Posted by Harhead
    Hollywood PD has become the Hialeah PD of Broward County.
    And Lauderhill PD has become the opalocka PD of Broward County....

City HR, I don't think my app even went to PD...
    I spoke with Recruiting Lt. Prior to submitting my
    app. She didn't see any problems.

I have an interview week after next. Wish me luck, which I believe I should do fine. Never know though

Quote Originally Posted by recruit
    I have an interview week after next. Wish me luck, which I believe I should do fine. Never know though
    You are making a big mistake !

run while you can..

You are making a big mistake !
    Their Chief is the laughing stock of Broward County. The Department's reputation has sunk to the lowest I can ever remember. Couple this with slashed pay and benefits, why would you want to work there unless no other department will consider you.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast