Attention new hire wanna be's
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Attention new hire wanna be's

I have just gone through about a month of hoop jumping just to get an application into the city for a job they posted. I did the CJBAT scored a 93 on it, Passed both the swim and agility test. I gathered all driving record information and filled out the 27 page application. I knew the system take a while so I waited and waited. I called in just to get an update and while talking with someone in personnel I was informed that it takes 4 weeks at the very least. OK, not a big deal I will wait but then he asked "Have you ever been arrested?" I said yes as a minor for Jay walking and trespassing. I am now 39 years old so we are talking 22 years ago. He said " Oh, that does not matter, I can tell you that you will get disqualified for it regardless, The new Boss in town does not want any future officers to have an arrest regardless of conviction or not" REALLY!!! You may want to put that in section online that says automatic dis-qualifiers so people do not waste time (two weeks) and Money ($100.00+) getting the tests completed just to be told you had no chance from the start!!!!! WTF kind of bullcrap is that? I get wanting to make sure you do not hire convicts and felons but two misdemeanors over 20 years ago and oh I have a four year degree, a family, and had a steady job for the past 22 years in a management role!! You cant look past two things I did as a stupid kid in high school that were both dismissed without verdict? REALLY What a joke!! FT Lauderdale here I come!!

Re: Attention new hire wanna be's

You are better off going to Ft. Lauderdale, BSO, pines, hallandale, davie, sunrise, coral springs, etc... Don't come to this dump.....

You should be thankful. Your juvi record would not be a matter where Frankie Fernandez was not the chief. You could fight and win. But the the asshole now running things would be gunning for you. You will be better off not having to deal with the Boy King now chief. Good luck.

You should be thankful. Your juvi record would not be a matter where Frankie Fernandez was not the chief. You could fight and win. But the the asshole now running things would be gunning for you. You will be better off not having to deal with the Boy King now chief. Good luck.

Work for fort lauderdale, its the next best thing next to miami. Imagine yourself working on the beach during the day or in the marine unit. Fort lauderdale is really where you wanna go.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Work for fort lauderdale, its the next best thing next to miami. Imagine yourself working on the beach during the day or in the marine unit. Fort lauderdale is really where you wanna go.
    I heard ft laud is having problkems of there own

Funny cause I just got told the same thing from them as I did Hollywood. Two minor offenses over 22 years ago has pretty much deflated any chance of becoming a police officer. The sad thing is that they do not disclose this upfront. The recruiters do not have the same information as the background investigators. So I guess I should assume Lauderhill, Boca and any other place I apply will have the same issue. I know this is all my fault I am the one who put myself in those situations when I was young but talk about paying a price for being a dumb kid man!!

Quote Originally Posted by fsunut69
    Funny cause I just got told the same thing from them as I did Hollywood. Two minor offenses over 22 years ago has pretty much deflated any chance of becoming a police officer. The sad thing is that they do not disclose this upfront. The recruiters do not have the same information as the background investigators. So I guess I should assume Lauderhill, Boca and any other place I apply will have the same issue. I know this is all my fault I am the one who put myself in those situations when I was young but talk about paying a price for being a dumb kid man!!
    I think it depends on what the offenses are. A felony probably will bounce you out of the running sadly.

They were Jaywalking and trespassing not felonies. I was told they had better candidates which means they had more than they needed and picked those with no record regardless of type. I get it and understand it just a shame and I am disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by fsunut69
    They were Jaywalking and trespassing not felonies. I was told they had better candidates which means they had more than they needed and picked those with no record regardless of type. I get it and understand it just a shame and I am disappointed.
    When the applicant pools are so big and you have applicants with a squeaky clean record they will go for the squeaky clean record because down the road, God forbid you are in a shooting or other critical incident, the press will bring up your past and make an issue of it like you were improperly hired. Sadly Kids still don't realize that something as benign as a reckless driving ticket can hurt your future hiring opportunities forever. I wish there was a way to get to kids to make them see how something so simple and stupid can affect them for life. Best of luck to you. You might want to try getting in a dept on another level like code enforcement. If you can do that for a few years and go above and beyond everyday and show them you are worth the risk, they might then allow you to get hired as a cop. Best of luck.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast