New troopers need to embrace Courtesy, Service & Protection - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: New troopers need to embrace Courtesy, Service & Protect

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Wow, for someone that wasn't around back then you really know quite a bit of what EVERYONE that came before you did. I just wish I could be as amazing as you! Those of us who gave the Patrol the stellar reputation that we once had, will now all go hide in shame because you have it all figured out.
    You just said it all brother. I agree with you.

As for the post above yours that trooper is living in fantasy land. We treated people with respect white, black, Hispanic, Asian, native American it did not matter the race and we did not go around just beating people up and shooting at them.

FHP's once stellar reputation has been drug through the mud buy these current troopers who show no respect and think they are gods gift to law enforcement.

While I am proud of my time served as a trooper, I am ashamed of what FHP has become today.

They didn't have high powered rifles back in the 80's and 90's did they? Ever hear of the drug wars in South Florida in the 80"s? Ever hear of Alpha 66 training in the Everglades?

You have no idea of what you are talking about so it would serve you well to just keep your ignorance to yourself!
    Yes the dealers had them mostly, not every day common criminals (back in the day) . Now most common criminals have assault rifles. It's a fact. That's why the leftist anti- gun people are going nuts. Everyone has them now; not just drug dealers.
    Well it should be real easy for you to catch all these wild and bad criminals you keep yapping about after all it is kind of hard to hide a an assault rifle you keep claiming all criminals are carrying with them today.

You are so full of crap your eyes are brown.

But we are talking about the me generation because everything is me me me and how hard you have it.

I worked with FHP right up to 2010 so don't try and piss down my back and say it is raining. You are doing nothing more than making crap up trying to make it sound like you have it so hard.

The truth is not much has changed with criminals other than you have some who have become involved in crimes using computers which I don't see how that impacts a trooper in any way out on the road.

Criminals who break in to building and cars are all still the same, criminals who kill people are still the same.

You are under no more of a threat today from a traffic stop than any trooper ever has been from the beginning of the patrol in 1939. Maybe you should go review the photos of the dead troopers at the academy and take a good long hard look at the dates and reason for the death and that alone will prove the point that it is no more dangerous today than it ever has been. In fact with the gun laws today many criminals make it a point to not involve a firearm because the penalties are increased when a firearm is used in many crimes.

I know of many troopers who lost their life in the line of duty, while most troopers today don't know of a single trooper who has been killed on duty.

So you just keep trying to convince yourself how much more dangerous it is for you and how the rest of us worked in a place with marshmallow fields and marmalade skies. You new troopers are so full of yourself it is no wonder you have no respect for other officers.

Just take this part of your response: "In fact with the gun laws today many criminals make it a point to not involve a firearm because the penalties are increased when a firearm is used in many crimes." and you can clearly see how much of a disconnect there is between your brain and the rest of the world. I'm glad to see that you are in touch with the criminal mind and therefore KNOW for a fact that they do not involve firearms because of penalties LMAO! Tell that to officers who have been killed in the line of duty each year because of INCREASING gun violence against LEOs.

If you retired in 2010, then THANK GOD because your mentality would get either yourself or other Troopers/officers killed. You probably retired a supervisor (which is scary if you did....is it any wonder leadership blows?)

You go out there with your "nothing has changed" attitude and your presumptuous "eh, criminals pay attention to penalties so they don't really carry guns" perception and see how far that gets you. I've reviewed all of the photos on that sacred wall and rest assured that they all died for a noble cause. You know some of them? So do I. Try Trooper Ambroise who was killed in his patrol car as it caught on fire. Why? Because some ass hat decided to run into him for whatever reason. His 2006 (I believe) Crown Victoria burst into flames. Didn't know you all had 2006 Crown Vics back on you patrol days? Oh wait...you didn't. How many of your gas tanks exploded? Not many. Try Trooper R. Smith. His tank exploded as well.

The more technology expands and the more sophisticated criminals get (and yes, they have gotten smarter and more dangerous contrary to your asinine way of thinking), the more danger there is for Troopers and officers today. It is a verifiable FACT.

You go out there with your douchebag attitude, harass and intimidate when no one is watching, then claim criminals are all the same and the present round of troopers are complaining but all it makes you look like is a self-serving prick with no respect for current LEOs who sacrifice a hell of a lot to serve this State and other states as well. Take your antiquated way of thinking and stick it up your ass brother. Try coming out of retirement when Big Brother is watching everything you do to try and take you down PLUS the upgraded Criminals we have going around and see where it gets you.

New troopers are full of themselves? YEAH OK. Because we're the ones who came on here attacking people for not taking pride in "Courtesy, Service and Protection." How about taking a "reality check" and shutting that hole in your face because you realize that you're wrong, retired for a reason and couldn't hack it on the Patrol today because you'd be scared of the "upgraded technology" and the fact that Criminals may do more than just 'bend to your will' since we live in an age where EVERYONE captures videos on cell phones and every car has a dash cam. Oh and don't forget those radios and special computers....might have to take some courses for those too.

Officers statewide/nationwide have it harder today than your generation ever did. PERIOD.

I'd rather fight those criminals alone and with any rookie trooper out there today than have your ass x94 my call any day of the week. You're an absolute disgrace and have no sense of humility and pride. Go shit on someone else's parade. We have a job to do.

And while you're at it have a tall glass of shut the **** up.

Wow, for someone that wasn't around back then you really know quite a bit of what EVERYONE that came before you did. I just wish I could be as amazing as you! Those of us who gave the Patrol the stellar reputation that we once had, will now all go hide in shame because you have it all figured out.
    You just said it all brother. I agree with you.

As for the post above yours that trooper is living in fantasy land. We treated people with respect white, black, Hispanic, Asian, native American it did not matter the race and we did not go around just beating people up and shooting at them.

FHP's once stellar reputation has been drug through the mud buy these current troopers who show no respect and think they are gods gift to law enforcement.

While I am proud of my time served as a trooper, I am ashamed of what FHP has become today.
    Says the retired trooper who probably had a step plan and didn't have to worry about all the BS current troopers have to worry about today. Not all current Troopers are bad, and most care about their jobs and people. Thanks for painting everyone with the same brush.

If you're that disgraced and ashamed of what FHP has become why are you trolling our Forums? Still have that nostalgic feeling of what used to be? Seems like you're living in "fantasy land."

Get over yourself. If you're that concerned about FHP's current state of affairs, re-join us. There's no age limit.

They didn't have high powered rifles back in the 80's and 90's did they? Ever hear of the drug wars in South Florida in the 80"s? Ever hear of Alpha 66 training in the Everglades?

You have no idea of what you are talking about so it would serve you well to just keep your ignorance to yourself!
    Yes the dealers had them mostly, not every day common criminals (back in the day) . Now most common criminals have assault rifles. It's a fact. That's why the leftist anti- gun people are going nuts. Everyone has them now; not just drug dealers.
    Well it should be real easy for you to catch all these wild and bad criminals you keep yapping about after all it is kind of hard to hide a an assault rifle you keep claiming all criminals are carrying with them today.

You are so full of crap your eyes are brown.

But we are talking about the me generation because everything is me me me and how hard you have it.

I worked with FHP right up to 2010 so don't try and piss down my back and say it is raining. You are doing nothing more than making crap up trying to make it sound like you have it so hard.

The truth is not much has changed with criminals other than you have some who have become involved in crimes using computers which I don't see how that impacts a trooper in any way out on the road.

Criminals who break in to building and cars are all still the same, criminals who kill people are still the same.

You are under no more of a threat today from a traffic stop than any trooper ever has been from the beginning of the patrol in 1939. Maybe you should go review the photos of the dead troopers at the academy and take a good long hard look at the dates and reason for the death and that alone will prove the point that it is no more dangerous today than it ever has been. In fact with the gun laws today many criminals make it a point to not involve a firearm because the penalties are increased when a firearm is used in many crimes. I know of many troopers who lost their life in the line of duty, while most troopers today don't know of a single trooper who has been killed on duty.

So you just keep trying to convince yourself how much more dangerous it is for you and how the rest of us worked in a place with marshmallow fields and marmalade skies. You new troopers are so full of yourself it is no wonder you have no respect for other officers.

Lots of fail in that comment.

My how far the Florida Highway Patrol has fallen. Trooper with no common sense and dumb as a rock to boot.

My how far the Florida Highway Patrol has fallen. Trooper with no common sense and dumb as a rock to boot.
    My how the geriatrics have aged....still reluctant to accept that the world is not flat anymore....that technology and people change...and that they can no longer apply their caveman approach to patrolling. :snicker:

They want respect, but they won't show any for their CURRENT law enforcement brothers and sisters. Shameful.

[youtube:2282wlw7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MfQNbd9wpw[/youtube:2282wlw7]

Ah the good ole days FHP Troopers beating on blacks!

Maybe I'm blind but I don't see Troopers beating anyone in this clip. How did a post by a retired trooper, asking that new troopers embrace courtesy, service and protect,degenerate into a war of the generations? I don't think he was being insulting, just making observations and suggestions. It seems to me that any time someone suggests courtesy, droves and droves of you guys take offense. Is esprit de corps so foreign to you that you take to infighting? Love your brother for goodness sakes. Did a mere request for courteousness act as a catylist for all this? One day the "new guys" will become the "retired guys" and you will be entitled to your opinions. Will it be ok for those who follow you to be rude and disrespectful because they disagree with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Luca
    Maybe I'm blind but I don't see Troopers beating anyone in this clip. How did a post by a retired trooper, asking that new troopers embrace courtesy, service and protect,degenerate into a war of the generations? I don't think he was being insulting, just making observations and suggestions. It seems to me that any time someone suggests courtesy, droves and droves of you guys take offense. Is esprit de corps so foreign to you that you take to infighting? Love your brother for goodness sakes. Did a mere request for courteousness act as a catylist for all this? One day the "new guys" will become the "retired guys" and you will be entitled to your opinions. Will it be ok for those who follow you to be rude and disrespectful because they disagree with you?
    Let's look at his post again:

All you new troopers new troopers need to embrace Courtesy, Service & Protection.

It seems to have gotten lost and while you are at it lose the god complex because troopers are no better than any other police officer or any other member of the public for that matter.

Law enforcement is no different today than it ever has been. When I joined the patrol back in 1985 a lot of troopers did not have a handheld radio me included. You had your Colt Trooper II .357 Magnum and your own ability to survive. On traffic stops and crash scenes you had to turn on your outside speaker to hear the radio. We worked aircraft details without handhelds as well.

Today you have a semi automatic pistol with what 39 or 40 rounds if you only carry two magazines, you have a PR-24, Pepper spray, Tasers and yes even a handheld radio. You have computers in your car as well.

So quit trying to pass off how hard you have it. Criminals today are no different than criminals 100 years ago just to use a cut off. A bad guy is a bad guy and that has not changed no matter how much you want to try and convince people otherwise.

Learn and live Courtesy, Service & Protection for that is what FHP has stood for since 1939.

Here is little tip for you all, there were speeders before you joined the patrol, there will be speeders while you are on the patrol and yes there will be speeders after you have long ago left the patrol. You are not saving the world.

I've highlighted the portions of Retired Trooper Such and Such's post to illustrate how ridiculous he sounded from the beginning. He didn't call us all to arms to embrace the Courtesy Service and Protection model. He made blanket statements criticizing ALL the new troopers (he doesn't know them nor does he know if they do indeed embrace these elements), actually said out loud that NOTHING in the Criminal element has changed and even went on to say that most criminals opt out of using guns for fear of the law ( :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: that alone earns him a dumbass award ).

He came across as arrogant, condescending and having NO sense of brotherhood for his current LEOs who are still out there facing criminals who are indeed more advanced and more brazen than those of the 80s/90s, etc.

So no one was being rude and disrespectful except him. He didn't have to paint all of us with that same brush. If you agree, you're entitled to your opinion. But don't expect the "new breed" to hold some of our retired brothers and sisters in high regard when they're out here shitting on us for legitimate (mostly legitimate---I understand there are bad "new breed" troopers out there) gripes and dangers.

I respect any and every Trooper who ever put their life on the line for this career path....but I ask that we be respected the same way, regardless of your sentiment towards 'god complexes' which not many of us have.

PS: Everyone should direct their anger at Trooper Morales where it belongs... :snicker: You want a god complex and a disgrace? There's one right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca
    Let's look at his post again:

All you new troopers new troopers need to embrace Courtesy, Service & Protection.

It seems to have gotten lost and while you are at it lose the god complex because troopers are no better than any other police officer or any other member of the public for that matter.

Law enforcement is no different today than it ever has been. When I joined the patrol back in 1985 a lot of troopers did not have a handheld radio me included. You had your Colt Trooper II .357 Magnum and your own ability to survive. On traffic stops and crash scenes you had to turn on your outside speaker to hear the radio. We worked aircraft details without handhelds as well.

Today you have a semi automatic pistol with what 39 or 40 rounds if you only carry two magazines, you have a PR-24, Pepper spray, Tasers and yes even a handheld radio. You have computers in your car as well.

So quit trying to pass off how hard you have it. Criminals today are no different than criminals 100 years ago just to use a cut off. A bad guy is a bad guy and that has not changed no matter how much you want to try and convince people otherwise.

Learn and live Courtesy, Service & Protection for that is what FHP has stood for since 1939.

Here is little tip for you all, there were speeders before you joined the patrol, there will be speeders while you are on the patrol and yes there will be speeders after you have long ago left the patrol. You are not saving the world.

I've highlighted the portions of Retired Trooper Such and Such's post to illustrate how ridiculous he sounded from the beginning. He didn't call us all to arms to embrace the Courtesy Service and Protection model. He made blanket statements criticizing ALL the new troopers (he doesn't know them nor does he know if they do indeed embrace these elements), actually said out loud that NOTHING in the Criminal element has changed and even went on to say that most criminals opt out of using guns for fear of the law ( :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: that alone earns him a dumbass award ).

He came across as arrogant, condescending and having NO sense of brotherhood for his current LEOs who are still out there facing criminals who are indeed more advanced and more brazen than those of the 80s/90s, etc.

So no one was being rude and disrespectful except him. He didn't have to paint all of us with that same brush. If you agree, you're entitled to your opinion. But don't expect the "new breed" to hold some of our retired brothers and sisters in high regard when they're out here shitting on us for legitimate (mostly legitimate---I understand there are bad "new breed" troopers out there) gripes and dangers.

I respect any and every Trooper who ever put their life on the line for this career path....but I ask that we be respected the same way, regardless of your sentiment towards 'god complexes' which not many of us have.

PS: Everyone should direct their anger at Trooper Morales where it belongs... :snicker: You want a god complex and a disgrace? There's one right there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast