Why hire new ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why hire new ?

Why hire new ?

Why hire new deputies for the road when you have people in the jail who are certified LEO waiting to go to the road? I am tired of waiting. I don't want to be stuck in the jail. It makes no sense that I have to wait to go on to the road full-time when people straight out of the academy are going to the road.

Re: Why hire new ?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Why hire new deputies for the road when you have people in the jail who are certified LEO waiting to go to the road? I am tired of waiting. I don't want to be stuck in the jail. It makes no sense that I have to wait to go on to the road full-time when people straight out of the academy are going to the road.

Because you're not related to any of the command staff members or currently dating someone of high rank.

If you are serious about going to the road, submit your resignation and your road application on the same day. That might stir the pot a little for you.

First of all, people shouldn't just be transferred from the jail to the road. This whole seniority list to transfer is a joke ! Command Staff should approach the union and re-write the contract about transferring to the road from the jail. In my opinion it should be a selection process. There have been many people who transferred from the jail who have no business being on the road. On the other hand there have also been many people transfer from the jail who are good. But if the Command Staff would look at the bigger picture, ie, talk to the people who want to transfer supervisors, check their epicor, oral board and then select the best candidate I think we will get rid of the ones who have no business on the road and keep them in the jail where they belong.

Speaking of seniority, why is it that the male dispatch Chandler is getting his tuition and salary paid while he goes to the LE academy? Does seniority also apply to who gets out of dispatch first?

Because of his daddy. He will never know what it is like to actually earn something for himself. Unfortunately he will not be well liked by future Sheriffs because he is affiliated with the current (soon to be old) command staff. His ultimate "goal" is to become a cop... way to set high goals for yourself. He has no clue how boring it is after 5 years. You get tired and burnt out. But I guess that's what you get with a Highschool diploma.

Wow just read this......... Unbelievable that he is sponsored to go through academy. I took more pride in myself knowing I paid for it and I did it on my own without any outside help. That makes me a stronger person. He won't last long. He has a target on his back "Chandler" for future politics just like the post above said. Lame! Everyone's already talking about not wanting to train him on FTO.

It is not just the one in dispatch, look at the current crop of people who have had their tuition paid for by the CCSO and hired to attend the LEO academy. Can you pick out what they all have in common?

Yeah, All are uneducated and can't see 3 feet in front of them. Don't you realize you can't live off of $40,000.00 a year and support a family. I guess you will learn what credit cards are very fast.

A couple of points regarding transfer list....

First, the standards for both LE and CO are the same. Both have to meet the same background requirements and education. Also, there are several members that were hired during PS's tenure as recruiter. He was telling people who were qualified for and seeking employment on the road that they had to start in the jail first. He made a promise that they would be transferred to the road after two years. All BS!

"There are CO's who transfer to the road that don't belong on the road." Let's face it, there are many of members who don't belong on the road that didn't transfer from the jail. The issue here isn't the list, it's the FTO process and failure to withdraw these members during the evaluation period.

As I try and decipher your last run on sentence, I believe you are suggesting a oral board and resume for road patrol. That would be unfair since these members already completed an oral board for the position of sworn deputy. A member's disciplinary record is checked by command staff prior to transfer. There are people who have been rejected for transfer due to negative information in their personnel file.

Some of this agencies best LE Deputies have started in the jail and there is nothing wrong with that. It's my belief that ALL sworn members should have to start in the jail. It's a great way to evaluate a member's maturity and professionalism before issuing them a sidearm, M-16 and a vehicle. Plus, you learn how to interact with people on a more professional level.

Would you really expect the union to roll over on this issue? I hope they would never entertain it for the reasons mentioned. If the union gave in to every request the Sheriff brings forth, what would be the point of a contract.

I think you should be glad that a writing sample was not required during the hiring process. Judging from your post, you have no business casting stones at CO's if your reports have the same amount of grammatical errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    First of all, people shouldn't just be transferred from the jail to the road. This whole seniority list to transfer is a joke ! Command Staff should approach the union and re-write the contract about transferring to the road from the jail. In my opinion it should be a selection process. There have been many people who transferred from the jail who have no business being on the road. On the other hand there have also been many people transfer from the jail who are good. But if the Command Staff would look at the bigger picture, ie, talk to the people who want to transfer supervisors, check their epicor, oral board and then select the best candidate I think we will get rid of the ones who have no business on the road and keep them in the jail where they belong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast