Commander Clavijo - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Commander Clavijo

This place is going down. Can't wait to get the hell out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest035
    I understand what your saying. But what I find out of hand you have officers that are put up for termination for far less offenses, Than what Clavijo and the chief have done. Then you have others with thick jackets given sweet gigs. I guess that happens when you sell your soul to the Devil.
    Guest035, you punish someone for ever, look at the totality of the offense. I don't believe Clavijo did anything so serious that we hold it against him forever. If that's the case, I assure you, the majority of us would never-ever advance.

I just feel that there are people more qualified for to be a commander than him. You have several Lt's that should have been made instead of him. Sergio only promotes his buddies that have done his dirty work for him.

The samething that happens is Hialeah ,as far as promotion goes, happens in other municipalities. Shoot, even in the county. By promoting your buddies, you have control. After you gain control, you have the power. The most malicious thing the city of Hialeah did, was to create commanders and majors. They mirrored what the city of Miami did. Think about it, each commissioner in the city, one way or another appoints his/her own commander for their zone. If that commander doesn't do what they say, guess what, NEXT!! The city has their family and friends plan down packed. The commanders and majors get a nice package and an suv that they can drive wherever they want. Do you think the commanders or majors want to give all that away? That's why if they have to drop the hammer in any of the troops they will. With this being said, look out for yourself and families because you have no control of what's going on. Remember what happened to SGT.A.L.? You can't win.

I just feel that there are people more qualified for to be a commander than him. You have several Lt's that should have been made instead of him. Sergio only promotes his buddies that have done his dirty work for him.
    Guest035, I totally agree with you, but don't hate the player, hate the game.

Hey man, if you were offered a promotion would you turn it down? NO!!!! I know, I wouldn't. You mention Sergio as if he was the first chief in history to promote his own. Wake up call. He's not the first and will definitely not be the last. That's life man. You're not looking after Clavijo's best interest, so why shouldn't he look after himself. We all do that!

Let me clarify, I'm not on anyone's side and I don't know what's up between you and him but one thing is fair to say Clavijo is not a dirty cop. You can say other crap but not that. The guy will give you the shirt off his back if you ever needed it. You shouldn't talk if you don't know the facts or know him we'll enough. Like palm ave said, none of it was that bad.

You sound bitter, man. First you call out really old mistakes and now you question his qualifications. Sounds like you got smashed for whatever you did. Major or minor the offense, we've ALL been through something and had to pay a price. Big or small. Did you learn from your mistake, because it looks like he did and he managed to maneuver his way up. Don't know how he did it but good for him and the truth is I wouldn't mind being in his shoes. Higher rank, better pay, unlimited car. You'd have to be an idiot to pass that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdw
    Hey man, if you were offered a promotion would you turn it down? NO!!!! I know, I wouldn't. You mention Sergio as if he was the first chief in history to promote his own. Wake up call. He's not the first and will definitely not be the last. That's life man. You're not looking after Clavijo's best interest, so why shouldn't he look after himself. We all do that!

Let me clarify, I'm not on anyone's side and I don't know what's up between you and him but one thing is fair to say Clavijo is not a dirty cop. You can say other crap but not that. The guy will give you the shirt off his back if you ever needed it. You shouldn't talk if you don't know the facts or know him we'll enough. Like palm ave said, none of it was that bad.

You sound bitter, man. First you call out really old mistakes and now you question his qualifications. Sounds like you got smashed for whatever you did. Major or minor the offense, we've ALL been through something and had to pay a price. Big or small. Did you learn from your mistake, because it looks like he did and he managed to maneuver his way up. Don't know how he did it but good for him and the truth is I wouldn't mind being in his shoes. Higher rank, better pay, unlimited car. You'd have to be an idiot to pass that up.
    All administrations have and will always play that game.The dinosaurs didn't survive because they didn't evolve or adapt to changing environment. Some veterans are still writing tickets for a living because they have that same mentality. I want to be like Clavijo when I grow up. I'd never turn down a promotion like that. Shit, I'll learn to like the chief if that's what it takes to get where he is then I'll find myself a classy red head, buy bad ass cars and watches and live sweet.

Really?? LOL! How much money do you think they make? Some officers working overtime make more than they do and a Sergeant or Lt? Easily with OT. The best thing they have is that insurance package that covers the family when they retire and obviously their base is higher so is their pension. Lt isn't a bad gig but too bad they are slowly getting rid of that rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Really?? LOL! How much money do you think they make? Some officers working overtime make more than they do and a Sergeant or Lt? Easily with OT. The best thing they have is that insurance package that covers the family when they retire and obviously their base is higher so is their pension. Lt isn't a bad gig but too bad they are slowly getting rid of that rank.
    Exactly, working overtime. That means having to work more hours to catch up with what they make in 40. I'm not sure but if a commander can work off duty then it's well worth it. Plus you mention more retirement pay. I'll take it either way. This department or any other. I'll take it.

The Chief's Command Staff are all qualified choices. And the classy red head was one of his best decisions. No other dept has a legal advisor like ours. Clavijo will be fine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast